follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 06-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #1
fujiwara_tofu

Drives: BUDDY CLUB FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Buddy Club Racing Spec Dampers & Catback Review

Bottom Line
I have over 100 miles on both the coilovers and the catback. The suspension feels stiff but it is not overwhelming, everything feels just right. I have taken some corners near my house at about 60 with ease, the rear end seems to push itself through turns alot more agressively while still retaining traction and staying planted on all 4's. There is little to no sway anymore like there was with the factory struts. The car stays completely upright during fast turns and cornering. Everything feels tighter and more rigid. The front end doesnt seem to dive at all anymore during braking thanks to it being lower to the ground. I am beyond pleased with both the right comfort and the peformance balance. The new look doesnt hurt either. Compared to the stock ride quality and comfort levels, the only difference Ive noticed is the obvious "bounce" the streets in my area are full of dips pot holes and wavy streets and the comfort level feels a lot like it did with the factory struts its almost like nothing even changed... that is until you turn that steering wheel. Everything feels completely perfect. I am beyond impressed with this set of coilovers. You can tell that they really did there research and did not rush the designing process on these. Everything is built right and is perfect for this vehicle. This is money well spent, and I am very happy with my decision.. So onto the catback. The car sounds amazing now. Through each shift you get that nice kick, letting the rpms drop going into a lower gear from a higher rpm range you get that nice putter and pop. Performance wise you can definitely feel a slight power gain like the car can breathe better and now its ready to show you what it can do. Its like the stock muffler was a gas mask restricting the car and now that its off and it can breathe its in better physical shape then it every will be. It produces a nice deep muffle and purrs like a big cat. Starting it up, it's pretty loud it quites down as it warms up. From initially starting it to being warmed up it cuts the volume in half, but driving it it gets alot louder especially if you get on it I usually rev limit around 5000 rpm to get those nice fast shifts and really get to hear the exhaust. I dont think that I should ever have a problem with the police, but if I ever spot one I do plan on trying to drive it quiet. Basically I am thrilled with my new parts. I already have the racing ball joints I am just waiting for the front and rear control arms to be released by Buddy Club to install them. I also plan on getting the borla UEl header and injen air intake.

I would like to hear your opinions. I also would like to know if anyone has taken there car in anywhere to get the suspension adjusted and tuned professionally? My car now has camber front and back and must have a toe increase Im not sure how to exactly go about adjusting everything so that it is even all around. Thank you for reading my post I will update as I go. I apologize for my lack of photos I also plan on making a video for the catback.
Attached Images

Last edited by fujiwara_tofu; 06-24-2013 at 03:39 PM.
fujiwara_tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fujiwara_tofu For This Useful Post:
1ofaKind (02-10-2014)
Old 06-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Holy shit line breaks, use them.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
Chee-Hu (06-21-2013), Squishy86 (06-23-2013), TylerLieberman (06-20-2013), Wolfking (06-23-2013)
Old 06-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
fujiwara_tofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Holy shit line breaks, use them.
Sorry dude. First thread.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Ok class, your homework for the week, read the above Odyssey and write a book report on it. I'd love to know what it says but I don't have near enough patience to trudge through all of that.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
EpicNameBro (02-11-2014), OrbitalEllipses (06-22-2013), Squishy86 (06-23-2013), Wolfking (06-23-2013)
Old 06-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Asphalt~86
Banned

Drives: Asphalt AT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
My eyes hurt.
Are you new to the internet?
Asphalt~86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Asphalt~86 For This Useful Post:
Squishy86 (06-23-2013)
Old 07-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
fujiwara_tofu

bump
Old 01-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #7
Kakawate
Man-ape

Drives: 2013 Buddy Club Scion FR-S
Buddy club has released the control arms adjusting mine today! If you need anything buddy club contact Justin at rockstar garage-909-766-0774. I a, getting them dialed in today best I can so I can take them to west end alignment for a proper alignment. Ill let you know when there all dialed in how they ride. The front control arms come with the pillow ball joints by the way.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kakawate; 01-27-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Kakawate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kakawate For This Useful Post:
Anthonytpt (01-27-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #8
tyler_win_photo

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Just a heads up, the uel header and buddy club are going to be insanely loud together.
tyler_win_photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #9
Alain
FRSKEE

Drives: 2014 Monogram Series Whiteout
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakawate View Post
Buddy club has released the control arms adjusting mine today! If you need anything buddy club contact Justin at rockstar garage-909-766-0774. I a, getting them dialed in today best I can so I can take them to west end alignment for a proper alignment. Ill let you know when there all dialed in how they ride. The front control arms come with the pillow ball joints by the way.
How much did you get all the parts(buddyclub) for if youdont mind me asking?
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alain For This Useful Post:
Kakawate (01-30-2014)
Old 01-30-2014, 12:32 AM   #10
Kakawate
Man-ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
How much did you get all the parts(buddyclub) for if youdont mind me asking?
I am sponsored by buddy club so I get a substantial discount. Contact Justin at rockstar garage he will hook you up proper as he works directly with buddy club on the daily! They are both based in ontario. Call him and he will give you the best possible prices on these items mentioned!
Old 02-08-2014, 12:31 AM   #11
Kakawate
Man-ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujiwara_tofu View Post
Bottom Line
I have over 100 miles on both the coilovers and the catback. The suspension feels stiff but it is not overwhelming, everything feels just right. I have taken some corners near my house at about 60 with ease, the rear end seems to push itself through turns alot more agressively while still retaining traction and staying planted on all 4's. There is little to no sway anymore like there was with the factory struts. The car stays completely upright during fast turns and cornering. Everything feels tighter and more rigid. The front end doesnt seem to dive at all anymore during braking thanks to it being lower to the ground. I am beyond pleased with both the right comfort and the peformance balance. The new look doesnt hurt either. Compared to the stock ride quality and comfort levels, the only difference Ive noticed is the obvious "bounce" the streets in my area are full of dips pot holes and wavy streets and the comfort level feels a lot like it did with the factory struts its almost like nothing even changed... that is until you turn that steering wheel. Everything feels completely perfect. I am beyond impressed with this set of coilovers. You can tell that they really did there research and did not rush the designing process on these. Everything is built right and is perfect for this vehicle. This is money well spent, and I am very happy with my decision.. So onto the catback. The car sounds amazing now. Through each shift you get that nice kick, letting the rpms drop going into a lower gear from a higher rpm range you get that nice putter and pop. Performance wise you can definitely feel a slight power gain like the car can breathe better and now its ready to show you what it can do. Its like the stock muffler was a gas mask restricting the car and now that its off and it can breathe its in better physical shape then it every will be. It produces a nice deep muffle and purrs like a big cat. Starting it up, it's pretty loud it quites down as it warms up. From initially starting it to being warmed up it cuts the volume in half, but driving it it gets alot louder especially if you get on it I usually rev limit around 5000 rpm to get those nice fast shifts and really get to hear the exhaust. I dont think that I should ever have a problem with the police, but if I ever spot one I do plan on trying to drive it quiet. Basically I am thrilled with my new parts. I already have the racing ball joints I am just waiting for the front and rear control arms to be released by Buddy Club to install them. I also plan on getting the borla UEl header and injen air intake.

I would like to hear your opinions. I also would like to know if anyone has taken there car in anywhere to get the suspension adjusted and tuned professionally? My car now has camber front and back and must have a toe increase Im not sure how to exactly go about adjusting everything so that it is even all around. Thank you for reading my post I will update as I go. I apologize for my lack of photos I also plan on making a video for the catback.

Bro best alignment shop in the world is west end alignment in Gardena give Chris or Darin call and they will make your car handle like a dream and as far as headers are concerned buddy club just released a el header and its awesome. I will try to get some vids once I have the car dialed in
Old 02-08-2014, 12:56 AM   #12
Alain
FRSKEE

Drives: 2014 Monogram Series Whiteout
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakawate View Post
I am sponsored by buddy club so I get a substantial discount. Contact Justin at rockstar garage he will hook you up proper as he works directly with buddy club on the daily! They are both based in ontario. Call him and he will give you the best possible prices on these items mentioned!
Sounds good. I know Albert from Buddy Club and getting it thru him. Buddy Club is only about a mile from my house. Getting the arma first then coilovers later on in the year.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alain For This Useful Post:
Kakawate (02-08-2014)
Old 02-08-2014, 01:48 AM   #13
Kakawate
Man-ape

Yeah I met Albert he's a great guy. Your lucky man lol! I live like an hour away but it's well worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kakawate For This Useful Post:
Alain (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #14
1ofaKind
bRz

Drives: Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Love the choice of damper kit!
1ofaKind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buddy club, buddy club racing, buddy club usa, death to commas, mad typing skills yo, review, stanced