follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 10-03-2016, 08:43 PM   #85
ShawnP19

Drives: 2016 Series.HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Coconut Creek Subaru

I had a surprisingly pleasing experience with all involved at coconut creek subaru, which is about 20 minutes north of Fort Lauderdale, FL.
For reference I live in Georgia, 150miles from ATL.
I've been hunting a Series.HyperBlue for a while, found 1 in ATL, but it sold the same day. Found almost the same deal (price/miles) but it was 10 hours away in Ft Lauderdale. Call the guy at 9pm, he's closing up shop, but he was nice enough to go out on the lot, snap some pics and send them my way. First thing the next morning he snaps twice as many with the sun out so I can see better. Told him I'm interested, I put down a deposit to hold it (and he never even ran my card). So they hold it, I fly down 4 days later, he picks me up from the airport, of course in my future baby, and I have a little fun with it back to the dealership while we chat. Really stright forward guy, not trying to butter me, or bullshit me, he knows it'll sell itself, and I liked that. Everyone else I dealt with at the dealership, sales manager, business manager were all super cool dudes, and actually made me laugh a few times. Just kinda shot the breeze. Anyways, I haggled him to 28k OTD (listed was 26k), and after TT&T it was 27.5k....less than quote? OKAY! The rest is history, and I got 9-10 hours of seat time driving my new toy back home.

Dealership Name: Coconut Creek Subaru
State: FL
City: ....Coconut Creek? North of Ft Lauderdale
Brand: Subaru, but part of an "automall"
Salesman to talk to: Brayan (like Brian) forgot last name
Reference desired: Nah
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Think they had 3 more '16 limited, a premium, and one 2017 limited BRZs
ShawnP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:45 PM   #86
DrifterD

Drives: 15' Halo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Not a Toyota dealer, but has anyone or know anyone that has dealt with Modern Nissan in Hickory,NC? Theres a FR-S there that I am inquiring about and just wondering if anyone knows how their quality is personally.
DrifterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:26 AM   #87
MileMonger

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Subaru of Pembroke Pines
State: Florida
City: Pembroke Pines
Brand: Subaru
Salesman to talk to: Claude Shaw (I think he has left since I bought mine)
Reference desired: (Tell them Andres sent you)
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know:
No idea, car was purchased in 2015.
Details of your experience with the dealership: I was originally in the market for a used one, and found d one with 15,000 miles up in North Carolina. The price was right, even with the shipping included. Unfortunately the interest was a bit high, so just before I pulled the trigger I mailed Subaru of Pembroke Pines, explained the situation to them, and based on my credit score they offered me the special financing, and my left my monthly payments less than $15 off from the used one, plus the reassurance that no one had driven it hard or neglected maintenance, plus the standard 4 free oil changes/tire rotations, which the long-distance purchase wouldn't include (that dealer offers it to all their costumers, including those that buy used cars). Once finally in the store, I was pleased to find the price we agreed upon had not changed, and a couple of hours later I was happily driving home.
MileMonger is offline   Reply With Quote