follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 03-01-2021, 09:11 AM   #57
captain awesome
Wears Pants

Drives: 14 FRS K24 swap - SOLD
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm going to post this here and everyone can tear the data to shreds in whichever fashion you see fit.

First the facts:

Racer X setup:

e62 fuel

penguin tech racing flex fuel sensor

ace a350 header
1320 dual resonated front pipe
stock exhaust
factory airbox/filter with modified joiner pipe

Factory manifold:

Racer X setup:

e62 fuel

penguin tech racing flex fuel sensor

ace a350 header
1320 dual resonated front pipe
stock exhaust
factory airbox/filter sound tube delete

Both tunes were done by tomm.brz and he has done a phenomenal job getting things done all the way from Italy. I can't speak highly enough about his ability to send revisions so quickly, and the car feels great. If you need a tune, consider giving Tommaso a shout.

racer x dyno_1 by hatchethairy, on Flickr

Unfortunately the intake isn't ideal for my plans, so I will be putting it up for sale with ALL of the parts needed to install. They don't provide a few items that are needed to get it bolted in, so hit me up if you are interested. I think a boosted setup may be the most ideal purpose for this intake, but I could be wrong.
captain awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:14 AM   #58
captain awesome
Wears Pants

I'm also considering a trip back to the dyno to run on 91 with the stock intake. I think I can be way more competitive in Production B. I imagine that I'll be around 185hp or less based on my e85 numbers, which would allow me to put some weight back in the car in certain spots. The aero package I want is more than I can spend right now so I might as well optimize my naked car.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #59
captain awesome
Wears Pants

So it looks like there may be some silver lining with the Racer X intake for my purposes. The TT class I am competing in this year has a standard HP/weight ratio. I am too high on power to be competitive with the e85 on stock intake at 195 without a ton of aero and sticky r7/a7 tires. I'm not ready to commit to a full race car yet, so I need to be around 185 to be in an ideal spot.

Yesterday I went back to the dyno to run 91 octane on the stock intake which would put close where I need to be. I ended up around 180hp with some slight potential to lean out further and possibly gain a little more power. This is a good safe spot to be for my class, but I decided to have an overlay of the RacerX with e85 vs the stock intake on 91. I'm glad I did, as there is a lot to be gained under the curve and still keep my max HP within class range.

Below you can see there are considerable gains in areas that will be very beneficial for my classing. I know it's not a fair comparison for most scenarios, but it's perfect for my purposes. I may go back after re-installing the RacerX to dyno test on 91. Best to not hold your breath on that, as it will be a while before I'm able to.

stock 91 vs racer x dyno_1 by hatchethairy, on Flickr