follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 07-02-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
wrb
frank

Drives: Subaru BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation 2013 BRZ - Having problem with high beam

Hello,

My 2013 BRZ's left headlight high beam stopped working while ago. I checked the fuse first, and couldn't find any fault. I replaced them anyways but that didn't fix the problem.

After a while, I finally got myself a replacement bulb set. It still wasn't working after that. I checked fuse again, and nothing wrong.

Am I missing something here? Is there some other fuse I should check other than the ones that are labeled high beam?

My right side headlight high beam is working fine.
SoCal LA 86 Club Member
wrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:36 PM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,877 Times in 16,444 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I took this from an old post.

"At least for the FR-S, I know that there is a relay (white/offwhite box) in the fuse box labeled "DRL" that controls both the high beams as well as DRL function, not sure about the BRZ though because it's headlights are OEM hid and LED boomerang DRL. If that relay were the issue then both headlights wouldn't be able to have DRLs or high beams not one. I suggests pulling or tugging on the wires coming from the pins on the connectors with the high beams on to see if it flashes on that side or something."

That might be worth a try.

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote