follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #29
norsamerican

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TX - Houston - Gillman Subaru North
Sales: Brenda (cant remember last name)
Service: Jeremiah
Story: Brenda worked with my wife while i was deployed and purchased the car for MSRP after a customer returned it after purchasing it the night before. Jeremiah informed me that a car was on lot in WRB color and i purchased it with no hidden fees. 2013 Limited with customer add-ons.
norsamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to norsamerican For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-30-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #30
Squishy

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
NH - Keene - Subaru of Keene - sales

Sales: Scott Peabody, Mark Carey
Service: N/A
Story: They worked to get me a BRZ Limited 6MT at $500 over invoice back in September when msrp + was still very common. They did not have the initial color in stock but traded with another dealer to get an acceptable color. They picked me up at the airport and drove me to the dealership to finish the paperwork. Straight up most pleasant experience I have had buying a car in a long time. I drove my car back to Katy, TX with everything signed and no hidden fees or problems with the car. Honest to the end, and I even got a call near the end of my trip to make sure I was alright since they knew where I lived.
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Squishy For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-30-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #31
gily25

Drives: Silica BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
[CT] - [Torrington] - [Center Subaru] - [both]

Sales: Joe Kolosky
Service: 2 counter people (one man, one woman) and a tech all pleasant and knowledgeble
Story: Joe knew a lot about the BRZ and he was excited to talk about new things he learned about it during my first oil change/WQC39 visit. Made an appointment for the oil change and got the recall noticel in the meantime, when I came in they told me (before I had a chance to pull the letter from my pocket) that they were ready to do the recall and had already done the one in the showroom. The car came back to me in the same condition (no joy rides, no excess mileage, no scratches, etc.) I had left it. I waited for the car and listened/observed other owners (not BRZs) drop off talk to the service department and even those with older Foresters were treated well.
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gily25 For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-30-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #32
ron wright

Drives: scion fr-s firestorm
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
OR, Portland, Gladstone Toyota/Scion, Sales and Service

Pricing was Scion simple MSRP. There were no hassles, or pressure to buy extras. Things were offered of course, but a polite no thanks was all that was need to end the discussion. The car was delivered a couple weeks later than initially promised, but they let us know the new schedule as soon as they found out. Our salesman, Moe, went to extraordinary lengths to ensure that they didn't mount the front plate bracket per my request. Service since purchase has been fast, thorough, and courteous.
ron wright is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ron wright For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-30-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #33
ManOfStiehl
Long Time Lurker

Drives: BRZ WR Blue 6MT
Garage
WI - Madison - Don Miller Subaru West - Sales

Sales: Eric Orvold
Service: N/A, but it took an afternoon to get an OBD-II reading to let me know my gas cap wasn't screwed on tight enough a month after sale. That was frustrating.
Story: Was the first to order, got a call when a demo car was in town and got a chance to see and drive before official release. Worked out a great deal with Eric and sales manager, I highly recommend Don Miller Subaru and have sent many folks their way. Excellent sales staff across the board, good Wisconsin folk.
ManOfStiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ManOfStiehl For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-30-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #34
go2brz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited in DGM
TX - Killeen - Cleo Bay Subaru - Jon Locklin

Back in August, I started calling all the Subaru dealers within a 250 mile range of Dallas, becasue all the dealers in the DFW metroplex wanted 3-5K over list just to pre-order a car. I found this dealer and got a commitment to take an order for a car at MSRP. Then the local dealer where my other car is serviced changed their mind and offered me the same deal (the only one in DFW who was willing - Bob Moore Subaru) so I put my deposit down with the local dealer. Then a month later I got a call from Jon at Cleo Bay to tell me that the exact model and color of car that I had asked to pre-order was available from them immediately as the person who had put a deposit down in June backed out just a few days before they got word the car was on it's way. They could have tried to squeeze out as much profit as possible, but instead gave me a call even before the car arrived at their dealer to offer it to me at MSRP. I was shocked, but of course told him that he could consider the car sold as I had already secured financing. The car never even went on their website and they did not call anyone else to try and get the highest price. Actually someone else from the Austin area called the dealer and asked if they had any BRZ's coming, and instead of telling them yes they took their phone number, then called me and asked if I would give a totally refundable deposit for them to hold the car until the next Monday as I could not break a previous committment on that Saturday. I gladly gave them the 500.00 deposit and showed up on that Monday (late October) to pick up the car. Also they did not try to hold me up by trying to sell accessories to me, but rather just agreed that it would be best if I obtained them and had them installed by my local dealer. In the nasty world of car sales, you don't get much better honesty and straight dealing than that. And he even followed up a month later just to make sure I was happy with the sale, with no other motive. Great dealer! And my local dealer is also very honest and dependable.
go2brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to go2brz For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-30-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #35
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Edwards Subaru Hyundai Mitsubishi in Council Bluffs Iowa.

I am not going to write a whole lot. Basically this was my first "new" car buying experience. The people there are amazing and made life so easy when it came down to buying my BRZ. I think they were more excited to get another one to sell than I was getting the car. Either way I could not have wanted anything better in a car sale. I was given the absolute best in communication, even while I was deployed. I was getting updates and when I asked for updates, I had them within hours. Amazing sales team and my sales rep was amazing as well. Would definitely buy from again! Although I do not see myself getting a new car for quite awhile.
Khazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Khazzy For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #36
VoiD

Drives: 13 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
MA Patrick Subaru
Tri Le
out of state purchase, everything went smooth over email. He even picked us up at the airport when we went to pick up the car.
VoiD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VoiD For This Useful Post:
Btown (01-30-2013), Deslock (01-31-2013), raptor87 (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #37
reeves

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Capitaland Subaru, NY
Mike - Sales

Out of state purchase, bought at MSRP + 1 dealer installed package. Kept me up to date on everything, and made the paperwork/delivery for the car go smooth. Mike was helpful and great to deal with.

They have a couple of BRZs on their lot right now at good prices too.
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to reeves For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-31-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #38
DNAPoPo
GreddyBRZ meets GreddyFRS

Drives: SSM Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
CO - Auroura - ShortlineSubaru - Sales

Sales: Marcus Moore
Service: N/A
Story: Marcus picked me up at the airport, and gave me a phenomenal price on my limited brz + 1b package + chrome fuel door, roughly $1100 under invoice.
DNAPoPo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DNAPoPo For This Useful Post:
Deslock (01-31-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #39
raptor87

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiD View Post
MA Patrick Subaru
Tri Le
out of state purchase, everything went smooth over email. He even picked us up at the airport when we went to pick up the car.
+1 for Tri drove up from Jersey to pick mine up the whole experience was really smooth.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #40
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Arizona, Sierra Vista, Sierra Toyota, Sales. They're about 100 miles s.e. of Tucson. Pretty much a small town dealership. Very honest and easy to deal with. If and when I decide to trade for a 2014 (provided there are some changes I hope for) I'll be contacting them first because of the pleasant experience.
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to whaap For This Useful Post:
Deslock (02-02-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #41
ap5512

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
VA - Stohlman Subaru

Sales - This isn't my first purchase from Stohlman. I've bought a Mitsu from them before and another friend has bought a VW and Mitsubishi from them also. They aren't the pushy salesman from mine and my friend's experience. They do a lot of follow up calls after you buy the car and service. I tend not to do service at dealerships since they charge way more for a simple service like oil changes. I did get a TSB done there and the overall experience was positive although their techs were not THAT well versed with this car. Anyhow, the sales experience was A+.
ap5512 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ap5512 For This Useful Post:
Deslock (02-02-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #42
Sac-BRZ

Drives: BRZ Limited AT
Baldwin Subaru in Covington..

They always had a bad rap, but guess they changed things around. Buying from them was the easiest car purchase I made(and I bought a lot). No up charge on car, great staff. Plus the majority of them are enthusiast themselves. How many dealers hand you a COBB, Enkei, Perrin & other mfg brochures and tell ya if you need any mods let us know, we match price and install..
Sac-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sac-BRZ For This Useful Post:
Deslock (02-02-2013)