follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2020, 10:37 PM   #15
pushrod
Benched 86lb
 
pushrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 799
Thanks: 890
Thanked 920 Times in 389 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will be curious to see what my '14 fetches when I almost definitely put it on the market next spring.

FR-S Ultramarine, 108km, minor fender repair (repair looks 10/10). Otherwise in great shape.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #16
1786
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Drives: toyobaru
Location: gta
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
which dealer is cheapest in gta?

Last edited by 1786; 09-23-2020 at 07:39 AM.
1786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:31 PM   #17
daiheadjai
Senior Member
 
daiheadjai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: 2003 S2000
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,847
Thanks: 2,114
Thanked 1,034 Times in 622 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Will be curious to see what my '14 fetches when I almost definitely put it on the market next spring.

FR-S Ultramarine, 108km, minor fender repair (repair looks 10/10). Otherwise in great shape.
From what I could tell, the pre-2017 models weren't able to hold value as much as the 2017+ models, but that could just be due to limited supply.

I remember seeing a lot in the 16-18k range

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1786 View Post
which dealer is cheapest in gta?
We ended up going to Brampton Subaru - they weren't necessarily the cheapest, but the car they had was in great condition and was priced reasonably.
I think I'd avoid going to the sketchy used car lots - I visited one because the Autotrader ad said "clean and good condition" but the price was below average so I figured it was too good to be true but worth a punt.
Went in, and the car had been sitting outside - there was a trim piece that had fallen off the 2017+ spoiler (it was in the cupholder) and the hood had weird residue in it. The bumper was all scratched up where it mounted to the fender, suggesting someone had removed it (clumsily) at one point.
Didn't even bother getting the dealer to open it up - just promptly walked away.

Having said that, even the Subaru dealers aren't free from hassles - I went to Scarboro Subaru to look at an Inazuma - not only was it lowered and modded (none of which was mentioned in the ad), but they wanted a $1,000 deposit to even test drive this "powerful, high performance machine"
daiheadjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:45 PM   #18
pushrod
Benched 86lb
 
pushrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 799
Thanks: 890
Thanked 920 Times in 389 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiheadjai View Post
From what I could tell, the pre-2017 models weren't able to hold value as much as the 2017+ models, but that could just be due to limited supply.
I wonder what the real reason is? By 2014, early production issues were gone.

Surely the extra 5HP, non-defunct brand name, and (even-)higher cruise RPM aren't worth thousands of dollars...
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:15 PM   #19
daiheadjai
Senior Member
 
daiheadjai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: 2003 S2000
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,847
Thanks: 2,114
Thanked 1,034 Times in 622 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
I wonder what the real reason is? By 2014, early production issues were gone.

Surely the extra 5HP, non-defunct brand name, and (even-)higher cruise RPM aren't worth thousands of dollars...
I think less people bought them, so consequently the market is tighter (lower supply to begin with...).
Most of the people who wanted one, got one of the 2013s (sales numbers trended down as model years progressed, IIRC).
Not to mention, the 2013s had less refinements, and also a potentially-catastrophic engine issue (coupled with a potentially-catastrophic "fix" from Toyota dealers), making the 2017+ even more desirable.

I drove my brother in law's 2017 pretty extensively (street driving only) but I could tell it was more refined than my 2013. I guess word gets out that this is the one to get (new final drive, power bump, nicer interior, better head unit, Bluetooth mic no longer just taped into the headliner, etc)

Just my guess, because the gap between the 2017 and 2016 is also noticeable.
daiheadjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:54 PM   #20
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 61,722
Thanks: 54,601
Thanked 90,316 Times in 39,892 Posts
Mentioned: 2244 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiheadjai View Post
I think less people bought them, so consequently the market is tighter (lower supply to begin with...).
Most of the people who wanted one, got one of the 2013s (sales numbers trended down as model years progressed, IIRC).
Not to mention, the 2013s had less refinements, and also a potentially-catastrophic engine issue (coupled with a potentially-catastrophic "fix" from Toyota dealers), making the 2017+ even more desirable.

I drove my brother in law's 2017 pretty extensively (street driving only) but I could tell it was more refined than my 2013. I guess word gets out that this is the one to get (new final drive, power bump, nicer interior, better head unit, Bluetooth mic no longer just taped into the headliner, etc)

Just my guess, because the gap between the 2017 and 2016 is also noticeable.
Having had a 14 and now a 20 I am very comfortable in saying that the cumulative changes between the two are noticeable and worth it.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
daiheadjai (09-25-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 09:14 PM   #21
daiheadjai
Senior Member
 
daiheadjai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: 2003 S2000
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,847
Thanks: 2,114
Thanked 1,034 Times in 622 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Having had a 14 and now a 20 I am very comfortable in saying that the cumulative changes between the two are noticeable and worth it.
The suspension feels far more sorted for street driving (the standard suspension at least - can't speak of the Sachs)
Everything just feels more polished (though the engine note is still very bleh)
daiheadjai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daiheadjai For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (09-25-2020)
Old 09-26-2020, 02:13 AM   #22
guitarman
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 52
Thanks: 33
Thanked 44 Times in 23 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Cheaper in Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka800 View Post
Canadian Used prices are similar to those in the US.
Statesiders should be up here with their +32% dollars cleaning us out.
Purchased my 2016 FRS last year with 12,000 KM for $17K CDN.

I guess in US numbers that's 7500 Miles and $13K.....

Private sale....I wouldn't buy from a dealer if my life depended on it!

There are deals to be had.....just gotta be willing to dig, be patient, and POUNCE when you see the right one come up at the right price.
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best prices on Oil? Brahsbrah CANADA 23 04-25-2014 10:04 PM
'13 Prices FRSure Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 28 10-25-2013 02:51 PM
GTA used frs prices ChristosG CANADA 24 07-26-2013 03:48 PM
What do you think the STI prices are going to be? Huss Subaru BRZ General Forum 17 01-07-2013 06:14 PM
Prices nbafandan Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 16 11-25-2012 02:52 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.