follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 12-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #15
Wally86
Be Kind

Drives: 2020 86
Thanked 1,254 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
Exactly. So you've already more than doubled your bullshit claim from, "...well under half an hour..." to, "...a little over an hour..."
Just stop.
To be fair one claim was installing the plugs and one was installing the plugs AND including filming.

Either way...
Old 12-10-2020, 02:17 PM   #16
pope
has a funny hat

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekevinvo View Post
Well it took me a little over an hour to do the install which included the filming so that's already under what some people are saying it took them while jacking the engine up
Prove it’s doable. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Set up and start a camera. Open the hood. Go through the entire process removing and reinstalling all four plugs. Close the hood. Then shut off the camera. Release uncut/unedited footage of the entire job.

I have yet to do a plug change on these cars. I have no first hand experience one way or the other. But your claims contradict the “common knowledge” of the time it takes to do a plug change on these cars. So prove there is a faster/better way. Show those of us that will need to do a plug change in the future how it can be done in half an hour instead of two to three hours.

If you succeed, you changed common knowledge. If you fail (or fail to take up the challenge)....
pope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pope For This Useful Post:
ShadowReaper (02-25-2022)
Old 12-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #17
thekevinvo

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
Exactly. So you've already more than doubled your bullshit claim from, "...well under half an hour..." to, "...a little over an hour..."
Just stop.
I apologize that your reading comprehension missed the fact that I stated that time included filming and not just the install itself.

I'm not trying to shove it in anyone's face that I was able to do the install quicker than others have so I'm not quite sure why you chose to be an ass about it.
thekevinvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:43 PM   #18
thekevinvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope View Post
Prove it’s doable. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Set up and start a camera. Open the hood. Go through the entire process removing and reinstalling all four plugs. Close the hood. Then shut off the camera. Release uncut/unedited footage of the entire job.

I have yet to do a plug change on these cars. I have no first hand experience one way or the other. But your claims contradict the “common knowledge” of the time it takes to do a plug change on these cars. So prove there is a faster/better way. Show those of us that will need to do a plug change in the future how it can be done in half an hour instead of two to three hours.

If you succeed, you changed common knowledge. If you fail (or fail to take up the challenge)....
I already showed people exactly how I did it in the video I posted. I really have nothing to prove to the internet. People can do the install however they prefer. If you don't believe me, that's fine. There's no need for me to go out of my way to please everyone on the internet.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:15 AM   #19
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekevinvo View Post
I already showed people exactly how I did it in the video I posted. I really have nothing to prove to the internet. People can do the install however they prefer. If you don't believe me, that's fine. There's no need for me to go out of my way to please everyone on the internet.
The problem is this video has been made about 10 times following the same exact steps, so

1. its not a new video
2. the time is very misleading and false. I highly doubt you can do it as fast as you claim,
3. In the very slight change you actually did, 99% of anyone watching it will take the usual 3 hours attempting to do it this method.
4. Stated time should include full setup, and full clean up. (IE on stands, grab all tools, put away all tools, off stand etc...)
5. it seems like your just pushing your YouTube channel and trying to get some clout by making a (30min spark plug change video) that no one will ever be able to actually do. most likely because even you couldn't.
6. if it only took 30mins then it should only take you 30 mins to prove you did it, and then you could gain a lot of followers/respect. and shut all of us up. Until then you'll just get flamed for things like this.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:22 AM   #20
Wally86
Be Kind

Drives: 2020 86
Thanked 1,254 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
The problem is this video has been made about 10 times following the same exact steps, so

1. its not a new video
2. the time is very misleading and false. I highly doubt you can do it as fast as you claim,
3. In the very slight change you actually did, 99% of anyone watching it will take the usual 3 hours attempting to do it this method.
4. Stated time should include full setup, and full clean up. (IE on stands, grab all tools, put away all tools, off stand etc...)
5. it seems like your just pushing your YouTube channel and trying to get some clout by making a (30min spark plug change video) that no one will ever be able to actually do. most likely because even you couldn't.
6. if it only took 30mins then it should only take you 30 mins to prove you did it, and then you could gain a lot of followers/respect. and shut all of us up. Until then you'll just get flamed for things like this.

Broh, why are you so invested in this?
Like what will it change in the grand scheme of your life and the universe?
Old 12-15-2020, 09:31 AM   #21
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally86 View Post
Broh, why are you so invested in this?
Like what will it change in the grand scheme of your life and the universe?
Roughly the same amount as you making this comment.
What does any forum have to do with the grand scheme of life?

That and saving other people the headache of attempting to follow this, when there is a much much easier method.

If someone's selling snake oil, you going to just stand by and watch people get scammed?
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:43 AM   #22
thekevinvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Roughly the same amount as you making this comment.
What does any forum have to do with the grand scheme of life?

That and saving other people the headache of attempting to follow this, when there is a much much easier method.

If someone's selling snake oil, you going to just stand by and watch people get scammed?
I highly doubt me proving it is going to gain me any more followers

I have no need to waste my time proving to some random stranger on the internet I was able to do something.

You can flame all you want
The Following User Says Thank You to thekevinvo For This Useful Post:
zc06_kisstherain (01-24-2021)
Old 12-15-2020, 04:41 PM   #23
Tokay444
Anti stance.

Drives: 17 White 860. RCE Tarmac 2. RE-71RS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
On the internet, all jobs take half an hour.
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
Bristecom (07-01-2022), zc06_kisstherain (01-24-2021)