follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #169
SmokeyDB

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetheegyptian View Post
I'm only using my parents name, NONE of their money. I'm not spoiled because I work hard for everything. My parents had a '91 Camry to offer me but I said F*** that, I'd rather work my ass off between classes and get a nice reliable car. People assume that I'm on my 4th car, but the FR-S was my 2nd. All the other wrecks were very minor..I bought the Trans Am for $2800, got in 3 wrecks and didn't fix it, then sold it for $2500. I don't know anybody else my age who works as hard as I do.
I'm 23, graduated from college last October and goin for my master's most likely this December. I have a pretty nice apartment, a brand new car and motorcycle that I can afford since I'm an application developer(programmer)/consultant for IBM, work part time for an indie game studio, and develop apps for Android/Windows Phone in my spare time. I know of plenty of people who "work as hard" as you do. I think you feel like you're a special case since you're working your ass off while going to school but in all honesty, that is pretty much the norm now. You have to work for what you want.

If you're as hardworking as you claim and you want to keep your FRS then you'll find a way to make the extra money to pay for the insurance. Else, you can sell it, get something a bit cheaper, and hope to pay less for insurance. In the end, it's still your fault for being an irresponsible driver even if we don't include the 4 wrecks. Good luck figuring something out because it doesn't seem like you have too many options.
SmokeyDB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SmokeyDB For This Useful Post:
Joetheegyptian (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #170
Brndn704

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
All you people joking about my misfortune are assholes.
No, this is not misfortune. You don't have bad luck. You just can't drive worth a shit. You shouldn't be allowed to be on the road, nor be allowed to drive such a nice car that is ruined now because of your lack of common sense.

Brndn704 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brndn704 For This Useful Post:
Bristecom (05-21-2013), jstans84 (05-21-2013), Squishy86 (05-21-2013), tomato88 (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #171
Walla Walla
Hicas Thread Basher

Drives: Subaru BRZ 13, Hyundai Genesis 15
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
when i was your age, i was driving a brand new Kia Rio... 200$ bucks a month (lease) with no cashdown... and guess what.. with that kind of car, you dont really get many speed tickets...

was it fun? nop

was it responsible? yep

and now... with the results of a series of good life choice, I have a job that is 3 times at least the minimum wage, I have a brz that i can afford, I have my home and I'm not even 30...

yeah.. i could have done the same as you when I was your age.... but I guess you will need to start seeing long term.. or you will realize one day youre juste as wreked as your fr-s...

that's my real advice... what you do with it is your choice
Walla Walla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #172
asmallchild

Drives: Altima 3.5SL, Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
It's possible to work that much and do well in school
I'd tell you focusing 100% on school and then proceeding to work is smart but that's your parents' job.

Quote:
that's the reason I got this car..to get me to college
Oh I see. So you leased a car you had no business leasing (financially and mentally) to get to college when multiple other forms of transportation would suffice?

Quote:
I had a shitty Trans Am with shitty brakes and the worst luck. Don't tell me to leave space, 2 of the accidents involved someone cutting me off and slamming on the brakes to make a turn.
Hey, by all means, 20 yr old with 15 tickets and 4 accidents, blame it all on bad luck and other drivers. Ignore the guilty party staring at you in the mirror each morning.

Quote:
but screw that, you are all just a bunch of assholes
It's all fun and games to call us that. But when you inevitably get arrested for driving without insurance, don't speak like that to the judge. You know, unless you enjoy looking around twice before bending over to pick up your fallen soap.

asmallchild is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asmallchild For This Useful Post:
jstans84 (05-21-2013), tomato88 (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #173
BRZPDX
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Garage
I have a feeling you've all been trolled.. This can't be real.

SUV's: Mercedes Benz R500 '06, Mercedes Benz ML350 '12
BRZPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #174
Whitigir
Banned

Drives: 450 awhp twin turbo vr4
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walla Walla View Post
when i was your age, i was driving a brand new Kia Rio... 200$ bucks a month (lease) with no cashdown... and guess what.. with that kind of car, you dont really get many speed tickets...

was it fun? nop

was it responsible? yep

and now... with the results of a series of good life choice, I have a job that is 3 times at least the minimum wage, I have a brz that i can afford, I have my home and I'm not even 30...

yeah.. i could have done the same as you when I was your age.... but I guess you will need to start seeing long term.. or you will realize one day youre juste as wreked as your fr-s...

that's my real advice... what you do with it is your choice
This is exactly it. But not many youngster can see ahead of their future....my wife cant and she is not young LOL!
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #175
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Chances are, a job paying minimum wage means you show up to the business and stand around.

EDIT: Getting paid minimum wage is another way of being told, if I could pay you less, I would.
slicktop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slicktop For This Useful Post:
Atropine (11-06-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #176
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm forecasting a major Rage Quit coming....
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #177
Joetheegyptian

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ, RIP '13 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktop View Post
Chances are, a job paying minimum wage means you show up to the business and stand around.

EDIT: Getting paid minimum wage is another way of being told, if I could pay you less, I would.
Go to hell. I work my ass off and just got promoted to assistant manager. I actually have to work for everything I have. Working 2 jobs at the mall isn't standing around. The only reason I put up with the jobs was because I get to drive the beauty after/before/and in between shifts. Even if I somehow manage to keep the FR-S in an a year or 2, FUCK these forums, you are all a bunch of children
Joetheegyptian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #178
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Quote:
Go to hell. I work my ass off and just got promoted to assistant manager. I actually have to work for everything I have. Working 2 jobs at the mall isn't standing around. The only reason I put up with the jobs was because I get to drive the beauty after/before/and in between shifts. Even if I somehow manage to keep the FR-S in an a year or 2, FUCK these forums, you are all a bunch of children
Yeah, cause your maturity is really showing through in this post and your driving record. /sarcasm

Take my advice and unsubscribe to this thread. I doubt anyone is going to take your side on this anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to HunterGreene For This Useful Post:
jstans84 (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #179
Joetheegyptian

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ, RIP '13 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
Yeah, cause your maturity is really showing through in this post and your driving record. /sarcasm

Take my advice and unsubscribe to this thread. I doubt anyone is going to take your side on this anymore.
I will, I just want to go through it and read what advice people actually had. Sure I made a mistake, but I'm really not that reckless. I drove a hot red sports car for 7ish months and never got pulled over. Hell, I haven't even gotten past 70 mph
Joetheegyptian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #180
CrazyWookiee

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Wow. I was really late to this thread. I'm the same age as you, I worked my ass off for my car, and I have 0 sympathy. You're doing something wrong. I have friends that do this. There's a reason your insurance increases. It's to keep you off the roads. I read every single post on this entire thread. I can't wait until 1 year later when you come back down here and read your replies.

TL;DR: 20 year old kid who has had 4 accidents and multiple traffic infractions says "FUCK these forms" and calls all the members "children".

"I'm the real Peter Lau" - Peter Lau
CrazyWookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrazyWookiee For This Useful Post:
Giccin (05-21-2013), ozne99 (05-21-2013), tomato88 (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #181
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Quote:
I will, I just want to go through it and read what advice people actually had. Sure I made a mistake, but I'm really not that reckless. I drove a hot red sports car for 7ish months and never got pulled over. Hell, I haven't even gotten past 70 mph
Well, it sounds like you are moving in the right direction. Until you rear-ended someone. If you were found at fault, it doesn't matter if they cut you off or not. Good luck to you and those you share the roads with, you're all going to need it.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #182
GNS

Drives: .
These thread tags are awesome. Let's make them awesomer. I added 'cool story bro' and 'internet advice'

Also...

Quote:
-I've had over 15 tickets and 4 wrecks (my fault) in the past 5 years. 3 of those tickets and 2 of the wrecks were in the past 3 years.
Quote:
Don't tell me to leave space, 2 of the accidents involved someone cutting me off and slamming on the brakes to make a turn.
First of all, your story contradicts. Second, that is precisely why you leave space. I love seeing these cars riding right up to the bumper of the car in front of them, it doesn't even give you any stopping space or reaction time to avoid an accident. Ergo...it's your own fault. I don't believe that you think you're as hot shit as you think you are.
GNS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#yolo, accident, angry mob, asleep at the wheel, blame everyone else, brain damage, bumpercarswoohoo, cool story bro, crash, darwin award, derp, drift king, female?, fml, insurance, internet advice, its just been revoked, jesus take the wheel, just went full retard, lease, lol tags, oops i did it again, pending ragequit, public transportation, rain man is driving, rear enders, shameful, spoiled, spoiled egyptian, spongebob, teenage girl asian, trading frs for camel, trans ams, what is this i dont even, wreck, wreck it ralph, wreck like an egyptian, wrecking bicycles, wreckreation, wtf