follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-23-2020, 09:30 AM   #29
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,141 Times in 1,986 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Yes, this will be my 1st baby. She’s due early March.

Minivan? lol 4 cars I’m looking as a 2nd cars are ‘16 Subaru WRX STI (hatch), 21 Toyota RAV4, ‘22 Hyundai Tucson, ‘21 Subaru Crosstrek... or maybe ‘22 Toyota GR Yaris/Corolla, but that’s depends on the price.

Haha yeah. Have made few survival knives & chef knives. I’ve been blessed & a lot of friends & fams have asked for them. Now I’m booked til next year summer on all the orders.

& thanks!
If I can provide some insight on future car, go either the Hyundai or Crosstrek. The Crosstrek is for some reason the most reliable out of all the Subaru lineup. Wife used to have a 16 and I loved it, she traded it for a new AWD Mazda 3, which I would hands down recommend too. Very nice interior, quiet and comfortable ride. The AWD trim comes with a Bose system which is amazing. All sorts of safety features too for a car that costs less than 21K
ichitaka05 (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 11:04 AM   #30
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,241 Times in 2,962 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S View Post
currently working on building a new PC + getting some new sim hardware to practice on Assetto Corsa and learn the basics of drifting down.
This is what I wanted to do...but couldn't make it happen. After I move maybe. Jealous of the other RCE folks have really nice set ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Edit, one bad thing about 2020 was I couldn't go try autocross which is real high on my list of to-dos. I need to drive more... Maybe find other motorsports events in 2021...
There just weren't many events in our area until the end of the year, and then I had to miss the few that we did have. Bummer, but next year will be better.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
KR-S (12-23-2020), Spuds (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 11:22 AM   #31
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,304 Times in 7,368 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
This is what I wanted to do...but couldn't make it happen. After I move maybe. Jealous of the other RCE folks have really nice set ups.

- Andrew
Our CAD guy built a really nice setup that I am pretty envious of. Fanatec Podium DDI base with their top of the line pedals and Porsche GT3 wheel. Triple monitor setup and a new PC with the invidia 3080. I think he spent 4k+ in one day.
Racecomp Engineering (12-23-2020), soundman98 (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 11:35 AM   #32
Racecomp Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Our CAD guy built a really nice setup that I am pretty envious of. Fanatec Podium DDI base with their top of the line pedals and Porsche GT3 wheel. Triple monitor setup and a new PC with the invidia 3080. I think he spent 4k+ in one day.
That's probably something like what Myles will upgrade to next year. Hoping I can get his leftovers lol.

- Andrew
Old 12-23-2020, 12:48 PM   #33
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,051 Times in 8,326 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
If I can provide some insight on future car, go either the Hyundai or Crosstrek. The Crosstrek is for some reason the most reliable out of all the Subaru lineup. Wife used to have a 16 and I loved it, she traded it for a new AWD Mazda 3, which I would hands down recommend too. Very nice interior, quiet and comfortable ride. The AWD trim comes with a Bose system which is amazing. All sorts of safety features too for a car that costs less than 21K
Mazda 3 hatch is def in the list of options... just atm feels like Crosstrek is better bang for buck compared to 3 hatch.

I’ll be only using it for the winter and driving baby around. Rest, my BRZ will be the main car.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:50 PM   #34
Racecomp Engineering

Family: Sucks that I barely saw them. My mom turned 70 so I was terrified of what would happen if she got COVID, but she was also pretty isolated and depressed. Tried to manage that with my brothers but damn I can’t wait for her to get vaccinated.

Physical health: I had ACL surgery (again) in 2019 so I had just gotten back into easy pick up soccer games with friends at the beginning of 2020. When that stopped, I just focused on really building my legs back up. Mostly I rode the bike trainer until I couldn’t feel anything. Did a little running and lots of long hikes. In pretty good shape now, also due to cooking at home a whole lot more (and getting pretty decent at cooking).

Mental health: Whew. I think it’s fine. Trying to remember that this is just a complicated time and I’m very fortunate to not have to deal with what a lot of other people are dealing with. But I guess you realize how important all these things we take for granted really are like seeing family, friends, playing soccer, traveling, doing fun car things, etc. Being around my gf basically 24/7 can be complicated, but I'm grateful to not be alone.

Dog: Wilbur is awesome. He's almost 2 now and I'm really happy we have him. Honestly helped a lot to have him around to take care of while quarantining.

RCE: Definitely not what we were planning on for this year but things are pretty good actually. We weren't sure what to expect with all of...this...but we've adapted well. We made good progress on a couple of projects only to be delayed by COVID related things outside our control which is super frustrating. But there were also a couple of things outside of our control that are actually very good and could make 2021 reeeeeally exciting. Some of our projects will be coming through next year and we're excited.

My own car stuff: Did very little to my car, did 0 events, had a pretty scary incident that thankfully (and very improbably) happened at 5 mph and not 75 mph...all not great! But I'm not dead and the car is fine. Exciting plans for 2021 and a bunch of parts waiting to go on. Hoping to do more ApexFiles stuff in 2021 too...lots of good ideas but I've been a little busy!

Anyway, I'm really happy to be a part of this community. Sounds silly, but this place is important to me and it's been good to have some positive human interaction this year. And if anyone is having trouble and needs to talk about anything, feel free to send me a message.

- Andrew

Last edited by Racecomp Engineering; 12-23-2020 at 01:02 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
Celica00 (12-23-2020), Dadhawk (12-23-2020), ddevl_86 (12-26-2020), Kiske (12-23-2020), KR-S (12-23-2020), new2subaru (12-23-2020), NoHaveMSG (12-23-2020), soundman98 (12-23-2020), spcmafia (12-23-2020), Spuds (12-23-2020), Ultramaroon (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 12:59 PM   #35
iTrytoBefast

Drives: Toyota 86 2018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Right now stuck in Mississippi away from family due to some Air Force guard training for 3 months. Other than that I had and still having a really productive 2020 despite the world’s woes. One of the best years of my life actually.

As far the 2018 86 Twin. I’ve been harassing Racecomp and CSG plaguing them with questions because I am a car enthusiast noob! But they’ve helped me so much that I’m making moves on the car and it’s slow and annoying but, I’m not breaking the bank or sacrificing much. Every move I’ve made so far has been done well and I love the motto “buy once cry once”. It’s been a great journey with the car and I’m excited to get the project rolling. I’ve signed up for the SCCA which is been my dream to do once I have my own home and I am looking forward after my Air Force TDY to get seat time! My wife is supportive as well haha. Happy holidays twin cult!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iTrytoBefast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iTrytoBefast For This Useful Post:
Celica00 (12-23-2020), Racecomp Engineering (12-23-2020), spcmafia (12-23-2020), Spuds (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 01:19 PM   #36
fitcious

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
How was your 2020?

Quote:
Mazda 3 hatch is def in the list of options... just atm feels like Crosstrek is better bang for buck compared to 3 hatch.

I’ll be only using it for the winter and driving baby around. Rest, my BRZ will be the main car.

Check out the RAV4 prime. Best all around car. It might be a bit small if you ever have a second child. I have a NX and Prius but maybe switching up the Prius for a 4Runner in near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fitcious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fitcious For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 01:19 PM   #37
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yeah, for me, I really don't want to spend the money on a new sim cockpit so I figure I'd build one out of wood instead. Maybe perhaps down the line I'll put an FR-S dashboard and center console on it. Planning on getting a Thrustmaster TS-XW + TH8A shifter as well. I'd have gone Fanatec, but I haven't heard good things about Fanatec's software, and I'm not much of a fan of my current Logitech G920 and shifter.

Quote:
Family: Sucks that I barely saw them. My mom turned 70 so I was terrified of what would happen if she got COVID, but she was also pretty isolated and depressed. Tried to manage that with my brothers but damn I can’t wait for her to get vaccinated.

Physical health: I had ACL surgery (again) in 2019 so I had just gotten back into easy pick up soccer games with friends at the beginning of 2020. When that stopped, I just focused on really building my legs back up. Mostly I rode the bike trainer until I couldn’t feel anything. Did a little running and lots of long hikes. In pretty good shape now, also due to cooking at home a whole lot more (and getting pretty decent at cooking).

Mental health: Whew. I think it’s fine. Trying to remember that this is just a complicated time and I’m very fortunate to not have to deal with what a lot of other people are dealing with. But I guess you realize how important all these things we take for granted really are like seeing family, friends, playing soccer, traveling, doing fun car things, etc. Being around my gf basically 24/7 can be complicated, but I'm grateful to not be alone.

Dog: Wilbur is awesome. He's almost 2 now and I'm really happy we have him. Honestly helped a lot to have him around to take care of while quarantining.

RCE: Definitely not what we were planning on for this year but things are pretty good actually. We weren't sure what to expect with all of...this...but we've adapted well. We made good progress on a couple of projects only to be delayed by COVID related things outside our control which is super frustrating. But there were also a couple of things outside of our control that are actually very good and could make 2021 reeeeeally exciting. Some of our projects will be coming through next year and we're excited.

My own car stuff: Did very little to my car, did 0 events, had a pretty scary incident that thankfully (and very improbably) happened at 5 mph and not 75 mph...all not great! But I'm not dead and the car is fine. Exciting plans for 2021 and a bunch of parts waiting to go on. Hoping to do more ApexFiles stuff in 2021 too...lots of good ideas but I've been a little busy!

Anyway, I'm really happy to be a part of this community. Sounds silly, but this place is important to me and it's been good to have some positive human interaction this year. And if anyone is having trouble and needs to talk about anything, feel free to send me a message.

- Andrew
Hey man, I hope your mom does get vaccinated soon so that everybody can be together again. I have to worry about my grandmother all the time because I don't want her catching COVID either, and the worst part is, I can't be around her at the moment because I was just exposed to it and I have to get tested yet again before I can be around her.

Good to hear everything else is alright with you. Best of luck to you in 2021.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 01:28 PM   #38
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,513 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S View Post
Are you just gonna seriously tell us about your cat and not post pics?
OMG +1

Internet 101 fail

edit: ok, I fail too. Late to the party.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:54 PM   #39
Celica00

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Glad to see lots of good vibes in the community.

2020 was incredible. I'm mostly an introvert. So when everything shut down, my life didn't change much.

during the year, I landed a dream job, wife got promoted, refinanced our home with the ridiculous low rates, lost 30 pounds, and saved enough to buy my first investment property in the next month or so.

BUT! Mother-in-law moved from California to my state, so that sucks.

All-in-all really blessed IMO.
Celica00 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Celica00 For This Useful Post:
ddevl_86 (12-26-2020), iTrytoBefast (12-23-2020), JD001 (12-24-2020), KR-S (12-23-2020), Spuds (12-23-2020), Will BRZ (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 02:33 PM   #40
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,513 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Andrew inspired me to share because, oddly, this crew has also been important to me for years now. I've never done any other social networking but there's something truly special about this group.

Been WFH since, what, early March. My cat, Chloe, has been my best buddy. I'm convinced that I caught the Rona from one of my colleagues at work last February, and gave it to her. She had a nasty dry cough for a week while I felt exhausted at the same time. Still followed the spirit of the exercise in every way and will continue to do my best to remain part of the solution.

Activities? Kept busy with dozens of little DIY projects and honey-do jobs.

FRS? Barely drove her all year. At 7/8 of my second tank since lockdown. Most of that was just highway jaunts to run through some good heat cycles and exercise the squishy parts.

Wishing all y'all the best. Stay frosty.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:47 PM   #41
Will BRZ
Damn that's crazy...

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Easily the best year of my life so far. Took a massive step forward in my career with a promotion in January to the position I always wanted which in turn more than doubled my pay. Met a lot of great people (personal life and work related) and learned A LOT in my new position. Did well for my first year given everything that was going on so going into 2021, I’ll have a year under my belt and ready to top this year. I did get COVID-19 in July, but luckily it wasn’t bad. Annoying more than anything lol Thankfully, no one in my immediate family was drastically affected by it which is good. Finally turned 21 in the summer and I’m honestly happy with where I’m at at this point in my life. Things I really missed were TX2K and going to concerts. Went to shows about 3 times a month last year. I always looked forward to the next concert and always had a blast. Who knows when we’ll be able to get back in a pit Aside from that, just the usual stuff like going to movies, bowling, go-karts etc. Sure there were a few downs throughout the year, but overall, happy with how everything went. I learned a lot and am very grateful for everything and looking forward to next year.
Will BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will BRZ For This Useful Post:
ddevl_86 (12-26-2020), Ultramaroon (12-24-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 05:31 PM   #42
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:

Savagegeese has a pair of videos up on the Mazda 3 redesign and an additional video covering the recent turbo AWD model. I too think the Crosstrek would probably be a better option for a winter/family car even though I think it desperately needs the FA24 or a turbo added on to the 2.5 engine... keep it from being an enjoyable light-duty toyhauler.

Too bad Subaru wouldn't bring over the Levorg Sti as it would be a great middle ground for ya.