follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 10-21-2016, 12:34 AM   #1
tazz786

Drives: 2015 scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Valenti 3rd Brake Light (black and gold edition)

hi all,

have been looking everywhere but havent found this exact model on the forums. I ordered the valenti 3rd brake light (reverse light) from FT86 speed factory. I am having trouble with the wiring. The 3rd light harness has a light blue, black, green wires with a red wire all by itself just hanging freely from the connector side of the harness. How would i be able to set this up to allow the V on the light to stay lit at all times? i understand i have to tap into the brake light or running light wire but connecting the red wire to the running light doesnt do anything. in a lot of the videos on the forum, the colors of the wiring are always different for some reason. I have a 2015 FRS.
tazz786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:56 AM   #2
Spinning Sushi
Legend

Drives: BRZ Limited
Garage
You have to crack the unit open, rewire and solder.

EDIT: More information here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1235238

EDIT 2: Go to post #22 in that thread, there are some pictures.
Spinning Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:49 AM   #3
fizzymike

Drives: 2014 Silver BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yea same happened to me, the colors were different. Do you want the V to stay on at all times or only when your lights are on? If you tap into the brake light it will come on when your lights are on and will flash when you hit the brakes. To do this, splice the blue wire out of the 3rd brake light harness and connect the blue and red wire to a taillight blue and red wire. For a cleaner connection I used wire taps. To keep it on at all times even when your lights are off Im not sure.
fizzymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:39 PM   #4
tazz786

Drives: 2015 scion FR-S
i figured it out and it was too simple. Light blue wire from harness is removed from connector and taps into Dark Blue wire on Tail light. Red wire from the harness taps into Red wire on tail light. Thats it! the V stays on at all times and when the brake is pressed...the light above the V flashes 3 times and then stays lit!
tazz786 is offline   Reply With Quote