follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-02-2021, 07:16 PM   #57
ymshulman

Drives: '17 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Resurrecting an old thread here - is it possible to install some sort of spacer/washer on the front bracket of the seat, to rake the seat cushion back a touch and gain some more thigh support?

I've been trying everything, I seem to have a sensitive back.

(5'6", could stand to gain a few...)
ymshulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:41 AM   #58
Thefalls

Drives: Corolla GT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
At 5"6 I think you should be able to have a good starting position.

I'm 6" and my only complaint is that the steering wheel doesn't telescope enough. I have long legs, so my knees keep hitting the steering wheel.

TO answer your question, yes you can install a spacer but its not really a popular mod as I haven't heard anyone doing it.
Thefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:49 AM   #59
alex87f
Meow

Drives: GT86, Volvo 996
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymshulman View Post
Resurrecting an old thread here - is it possible to install some sort of spacer/washer on the front bracket of the seat, to rake the seat cushion back a touch and gain some more thigh support?

I absolutely would not play with seat brackets unless I know what I'm doing. Adding washers may compromise the seat's fixation and cause it to break during a crash.

The best way is probably to have a knowledgable professional create custom foam & cover for your driver's seat. Might be expensive though.

Also, the height adjustment modifies your seat's angle in relationship to the wheel. The higher it's set, the more the seat is "tilted" toward the steering wheel.
alex87f is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alex87f For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-03-2021), ymshulman (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 09:19 AM   #60
ymshulman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex87f View Post
I absolutely would not play with seat brackets unless I know what I'm doing. Adding washers may compromise the seat's fixation and cause it to break during a crash.

The best way is probably to have a knowledgable professional create custom foam & cover for your driver's seat. Might be expensive though.

Also, the height adjustment modifies your seat's angle in relationship to the wheel. The higher it's set, the more the seat is "tilted" toward the steering wheel.

Huh. I didn’t know that. I’ll play with a leveler and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2021, 10:59 AM   #61
ymshulman

Quote:
Huh. I didn’t know that. I’ll play with a leveler and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool - it looks like it ranges from 14 degrees at the top to 17 degrees at the bottom. I had no idea. I had it midway because I’m shorter, but I’m going to try now with it towards the bottom for that lean-back. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to ymshulman For This Useful Post:
alex87f (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 09:35 PM   #62
mazeroni

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Series 10
Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

I'm 6'2" and have the seat in its lowest position, so the seat bottom is angled up more and I find thigh support is great. I've also found that lower body and glute exercises help a ton. I no longer get numb thighs, a sore butt, or pain in the lower back even after 8+ hours in the seat. Squats, deadlifts, and bridges are miracle workers.
mazeroni is offline   Reply With Quote