follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 03-04-2016, 11:46 AM   #15
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
So is the parachute with holes, It's not absolutely non functional, I mean it will slow you down some vs no chute but you'll still fdrom the impact of hitting the ground.

While your car may still be somewhat functional (and I also like you don't just want to hardpark it lol) I still feel like doing this is detrimental (but not my car so really doesn't affect me much tbh). I can name several reasons that slammed/stanced/hellflush is non-functional but they've all been exhaustively listed many times and I'm pretty surre you are aware of them.

Also what functional car did you pull away from in canyons? a Yaris or a Aveo?
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
JDM4E (12-31-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 11:52 AM   #16
MrFisty
The Fistiest

Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
I don't understand why so many of you are bothering posting memes and stuff here.

I mean, it's not as if he's totally ignorant to the fact that he's damaged his cars utility as a functional vehicle. I mean, the title itself informs us of this and he keeps up the theme throughout his post.

He's already pointed it out; no need for ten posts reminding him of this.

Otherwise, your pictures are nice. Who gives a damn if you're on replica wheels. While I wouldn't want to go too heavy over stock, I personally get mad when I see someone with crazy lightweight wheels on a scraping car. There's no point if it's not performance oriented. At that point, it's just about showing off the money you spent.

Enjoy your ride.

one question; What are TRD fender bezels?
Old 03-04-2016, 12:04 PM   #17
fumanchu1

@MrFisty was about to say something about lightweight wheels but then noticed the performance oriented part and was like... oh... he's right :P

Don't get me wrong, it looks ok(never been a big fan of stance) and I am aware op knows his car is less functional because of it. That being said, this is a public opinion forum and my discussion was related to his car as I was sharing my opinion
Old 03-04-2016, 12:18 PM   #18
manualmotive

Drives: '14 BRZ Todoroki/OriginLabo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggncheese View Post
I like the way it looks. Some guys track, some guys scrape. Do whatever you'd like. Did you need absolutely need the rear toe arms to correct the geometry at that camber level? I've read about some guys running -4 in the back on OEM arms
Thanks & agreed, I'll most likely end up going back to a track setup before whenever I sell the car anyways, I just get bored of the same old and like trying out different shit sometimes And it depends how much camber you are trying to get, I needed them because I wanted around -1.5 camber with 0 toe in the rear when it was as low as it is now, and the stock toe arms maxed out when the camber was at about -2.5 at that ride height. But if you're shooting for -4 I think you should be fine on stock toe arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post
So is the parachute with holes, It's not absolutely non functional, I mean it will slow you down some vs no chute but you'll still fdrom the impact of hitting the ground.

Also what functional car did you pull away from in canyons? a Yaris or a Aveo?
Ahhh gotcha, that's a pretty perfect analogy for it actually. And I saw that one coming LOL, just the usual stockish WRX/350Z/gen coupe/etc. But thats at my local canyon that I've been driving at least once a week for about 3 years now, so it's probably not a fair comparison. The only thing that really bugs me about this height is that the dif scrapes on all the center bumps there since they're unusually tall - most likely how I blew off the fucking drain plug Going to take it up to GMR soon and see how it does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFisty View Post

-snip-

Enjoy your ride.

one question; What are TRD fender bezels?
Thank you for that, and agreed about the wheels - especially when people run $50 tires on their $3,000 wheels...

I don't know if I'm calling it the right name, but the little fins that I have in place of the stock chrome strip (or 86 piston logo on the frs) that are in front of the mirrors on the top rear-most part of the front fenders.

edit: here they are - http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221677687528
Think I got em for like $40 used, they're always on local FRS buy/sell facebook groups. The real TRD ones are like $200 something but come paint matched IIRC

Last edited by manualmotive; 03-04-2016 at 12:29 PM.
manualmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manualmotive For This Useful Post:
MrFisty (03-04-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #19
fumanchu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by manualmotive View Post
Thanks & agreed, I'll most likely end up going back to a track setup before whenever I sell the car anyways, I just get bored of the same old and like trying out different shit sometimes And it depends how much camber you are trying to get, I needed them because I wanted around -1.5 camber with 0 toe in the rear when it was as low as it is now, and the stock toe arms maxed out when the camber was at about -2.5 at that ride height. But if you're shooting for -4 I think you should be fine on stock toe arms.

Ahhh gotcha, that's a pretty perfect analogy for it actually. And I saw that one coming LOL, just the usual stockish WRX/350Z/gen coupe/etc. But thats at my local canyon that I've been driving at least once a week for about 3 years now, so it's probably not a fair comparison. The only thing that really bugs me about this height is that the dif scrapes on all the center bumps there since they're unusually tall - most likely how I blew off the fucking drain plug Going to take it up to GMR soon and see how it does...

Thank you for that, and agreed about the wheels - especially when people run $50 tires on their $3,000 wheels...

I don't know if I'm calling it the right name, but the little fins that I have in place of the stock chrome strip (or 86 piston logo on the frs) that are in front of the mirrors on the top rear-most part of the front fenders.

edit: here they are - http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221677687528
Think I got em for like $40 used, they're always on local FRS buy/sell facebook groups. The real TRD ones are like $200 something but come paint matched IIRC

looked at it then saw this lol :http://www.ebay.com/gds/The-Essentia...9058397/g.html
Old 03-04-2016, 12:47 PM   #20
MrFisty
The Fistiest

Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
@manualmotive Ah, that's a fender garnish, I believe!

I only asked because I thought there was some cool TRD part i didn't know about and I got pumped.