follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 07-28-2020, 01:05 AM   #1
SynrGG

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BC Racing Coils BR Series (need Help Please)

Alright so i don't know if this is just me or if i need to get this fixed, but ever since i installed coilovers and the adjustible front end links, i cant take tight corners with traction control on around 45 mph with out my traction kicking on and almost killing me, when i was on stock suspension i was taking corners alot faster with no problem just hugging the road. Im on bc racing coils and im running a 18x9.5 +35 offset with a 265/35/18 square tire setup. If anyone can tell me if this is normal and i just need to drive with traction controll off or do i need to invest in lca and it will go away. or do i have something installed wrong. any tips would help. im just tired of take slight rights or lefts at or around 45 + and my car wants to slide out and act like its spinning out.
SynrGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 01:11 AM   #2
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,305 Times in 7,369 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
What are your alignment specs? Ride height? What tire?
strat61caster (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 01:18 AM   #3
SynrGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
i just got a alignment a couple days ago, and i know im off by like 0.2 of a degree, they said they got it to square as they could with my suspension
i could get you the actual specs tomorrow i have the sheet in my car
Old 07-28-2020, 01:42 AM   #4
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
0.2 degree for something like toe unevenness might be a lot. For camber, not so much. Though never hurts to post alignment printout to spot possible abnormalities. Ride height & tire questions still stay though, as unrelated to alignment.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 06:56 PM   #5
SynrGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
0.2 degree for something like toe unevenness might be a lot. For camber, not so much. Though never hurts to post alignment printout to spot possible abnormalities. Ride height & tire questions still stay though, as unrelated to alignment.
here the sheet i got from them, let me know if it helps at all?
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2020, 06:58 PM   #6
SynrGG

Quote:
this is my ride height and im running a 265 35/18 tire
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2020, 07:00 PM   #7
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Looks like you could benefit from more camber up front. Regardless, it sounds like they got toe all set.

Your principal issue may be ride compliance. If these allow you to choose damping, set it to full soft and see if it's any better.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:03 PM   #8
SynrGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Looks like you could benefit from more camber up front. Regardless, it sounds like they got toe all set.

Your principal issue may be ride compliance. If these allow you to choose damping, set it to full soft and see if it's any better.
alright so just to make sure im on the same page as you, maybe add some camber in the front, would you have a reccomendation, right now its just evenly in the middle on all four corners. i do have dampening setting on all 4 should i stiffen up the back make the front harder. when im taking these turns around 45 50 it feels like the front is what wants to spin out on me.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:08 PM   #9
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynrGG View Post
alright so just to make sure im on the same page as you, maybe add some camber in the front, would you have a reccomendation, right now its just evenly in the middle on all four corners. i do have dampening setting on all 4 should i stiffen up the back make the front harder. when im taking these turns around 45 50 it feels like the front is what wants to spin out on me.
When you say the front wants to spin out, are you say it turns less than you're anticipating and your front end slides towards the outside of the corner? Your front camber isn't bad, it's ok. I don't think you should adjust more than one variable at a time- start by making the dampers all set to full soft and see how it drives before changing anything else.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:12 PM   #10
SynrGG

Quote:
When you say the front wants to spin out, are you say it turns less than you're anticipating and your front end slides towards the outside of the corner? Your front camber isn't bad, it's ok. I don't think you should adjust more than one variable at a time- start by making the dampers all set to full soft and see how it drives before changing anything else.
alright ill go ahead and ill do that first, ill get all soft on all corners, i guess my best way to explain it would be, when i was on stock suspension and wheels and tires, i could take corners and turns easily around 80 90 mph+ with no problems i would just hug the road and thats with traction control on and everything on.

Now with the bc coils and bigger wheel and tire, i feel like taking those same turns around 45 50 and my traction control kicks on and makes my car wants to turn into the corner more, almost as if the front is starting to slide out from me when taking the corner.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:13 PM   #11
SynrGG

Quote:
i guess im trying to say if im taking a right had turn thats pretty sharp as soon as i get into it, i feels like my car starts to slide towards the ouside of the turn and wants to kick back untill i slow down
Old 07-28-2020, 07:21 PM   #12
NoHaveMSG

Garage
That is quite a bit of rear toe.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:24 PM   #13
SynrGG

Quote:
That is quite a bit of rear toe.
would that be causing my issue, and would lower control arms help me fix this problem to get it correct. im just trying to figure out what i need to buy or what steps i need to fix this issue?
Old 07-28-2020, 07:28 PM   #14
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynrGG View Post
would that be causing my issue, and would lower control arms help me fix this problem to get it correct. im just trying to figure out what i need to buy or what steps i need to fix this issue?
You would have to ask the alignment shop why they couldn't get it closer. LCA's will help with camber, you would need new toe links if there is not adjustment in your current ones.

Could be your tire, I can't tell what those are but I would take compound over size. And then combine that with an overly stiff suspension setup. BR's look like they have 8k springs.