follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2020, 09:29 PM   #1
Feronous

Drives: Black 2015 FRS Scion
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Weird sound from engine bay. injectors?

Hello Everyone.

I change my oil every six months religiously. This time around I accidentally left the ignition switch to Accessory ( 2nd position prior to ignition/on) and noticed a weird sound from the engine bay. I had not changed anything or started the process at this moment, merely opened the hood.

.( LINK to Youtube)

Is this is a normal sound every car makes or if it indicates an issue? The sound is not noticeable while the hood is closed and the car starts and runs fine ( from what i can tell, anyway)

During my oil change the oil smelt somewhat of gas but looked alright and felt like normal oil and the smell dis speared from the oil catch pan by the time i poured it into the oil bottles for recycle.

if it matters at all ; The sound is in the center of the engine, the fuel pump does not continuously run( a runs for a few seconds to pressurize system).

I tried looking for fans or other running machinery, but did not notice anything. tested while engine was warm and dead cold ( 1 day no usage)

Any ideas? this normal, lol am i wasting your time haha?

thanks.
Feronous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:37 PM   #2
EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Normal. That's the throttle body
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #3