follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #15
j5o5n

Drives: Man
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via ICQ to j5o5n Send a message via AIM to j5o5n Send a message via Yahoo to j5o5n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackh10 View Post
So for the frontpipe i found the Motiv HFC but idk if its resonated or catless
and for UEL's what should i go with?? and will i have to change my CB before i even think about getting UEL's or a frontpipe?
Just like was mentioned HFC= high flow cat and if you have a front pipe with that you don't need a resonator on your FP it'll quiet and deepen the sound a good bit, and you don't necessarily NEED a catback first but id suggest it, in terms of uel headers I love the 1320 performance header with OP combo its very inexpensive and the quality is very good. If you look at the description in my video its basically all the parts I recommend

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
j5o5n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:17 AM   #16
Strife26

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.blue
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Uel + ecutek or open flash should be the first thing everyone does as it fixes the car. It eliminates or mostly eliminates the terrible torque dip these cars have.

I have the gruppe-s uel headers
I've had them for a couple years now without issues.

When I started out I got cheap stuff. Megan racing fp (catless) and isis down pipe (they have since changed their name).

Imo the dp and fp are just basic ass pipes and any will do. I didn't have issues with my cheapo crap, but I did eventually upgrade. If you want aftermarket parts and free flowing (and don't mind loud) cheap stuff will work, just may be raspy and loud. Just upgrade when you have a bigger budget for toys.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #17
Zackh10

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j5o5n View Post
Just like was mentioned HFC= high flow cat and if you have a front pipe with that you don't need a resonator on your FP it'll quiet and deepen the sound a good bit, and you don't necessarily NEED a catback first but id suggest it, in terms of uel headers I love the 1320 performance header with OP combo its very inexpensive and the quality is very good. If you look at the description in my video its basically all the parts I recommend

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yea i went in a weird order when upgrading, i bought the catback first then the Open flash tablet and right now ive got a crackle and pop tune on the car, i think im going to buy UEL's ASAP
Zackh10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tuning