follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 09-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #1
SakuraEightySix

Drives: JDL Turbo Twin
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Intake Air Temps. IATs.

Hey guys,

I'm seeing a good amount of people saying their IAT's are typically around 10 degrees above ambient temps. I just got the JDL kit on my car and I've been monitoring IAT's and in 80-85 degree temps its common for me to see temps of ~130. Is this just because the MAF sensor is post turbo? Because I've even seen people with the JDL kit saying their IAT's arent this high. Just curious on what you other turbo guys/JDL turbo guys have. I'd post it in the JDL owners thread too but I'd like to see what numerous people are seeing and that thread isn't super active.
Anyways, thanks !
SakuraEightySix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:27 AM   #2
Gloonge

Drives: 2013 frs raven
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraEightySix View Post
Hey guys,

I'm seeing a good amount of people saying their IAT's are typically around 10 degrees above ambient temps. I just got the JDL kit on my car and I've been monitoring IAT's and in 80-85 degree temps its common for me to see temps of ~130. Is this just because the MAF sensor is post turbo? Because I've even seen people with the JDL kit saying their IAT's arent this high. Just curious on what you other turbo guys/JDL turbo guys have. I'd post it in the JDL owners thread too but I'd like to see what numerous people are seeing and that thread isn't super active.

Anyways, thanks !
Fwiw my ait's are like 130 with my edelbrock SC. Temp is read in the intake post blower.

Ambient is like 85-90
Gloonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:30 PM   #3
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,175 Times in 6,834 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
50 over ambient is fairly normal under hard driving conditions.

A lot of folks have kits that don't measure charge temp, and think they're seeing fantastic temps. Think Innovate and HKS superchargers, as well as WORKS turbo.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:24 PM   #4
Jet_Class

Drives: White Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraEightySix View Post
Hey guys,

Anyways, thanks !
Do you have anything for heat management, like a turbo blanket, heat wrap or ceramic coatings?
Jet_Class is offline   Reply With Quote