follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 09-01-2013, 12:34 AM   #1639
Fast_Freddy

Drives: Passat
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
All in all this is the perfect gain for a otherwise stock car, no messing with the fuel system, no messing with supporting mods or clutches

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
So, exactly the same as all the other available super and turbo charger kits. No messing with fuel system, supporting mods or clutches at these (or higher) HP/TQ levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDubbinTDI View Post
For a third the price and a tenth the install time of the other kits this all seems extremely reasonable
Actually, unless the projected ESC price of $1600 has changed, the cost is 1/2 and install time is 1/2 of the $3195 Innovate SC that installs in 4 hrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard0625 View Post
As much as people are going to want to flame me for having an electric supercharger this is seriously an amazing option. The power and torque curve on this this thing is damn near perfect. I just priced out a turbo just out of curiousity and this option would be less than 6000 vs a turbo. Not to mention this thing is still being developed and only getting better. With an extra 6000 i can get a header, tires, exhaust, and still have money left over to take the wifey on vacation so she does not kick my ass for spending 6000 on my car and not on her lol. But seriously this is great option and im all for it. Great job to op and rob for getting this started in the right direction.:happy0180:: party0030:
Wow! What turbo kit did you price??? The closest comparable turbo kit to this ESC is the 250whp AVO kit for $4300 and it very easily eclipses the performance this ESC kit offers. That's $2700 less for 1/2 the performance upgrade. Still a better value in some regards but nothing like you were saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonicname View Post
This will become a famous option after people see the performance an understand this isn't an Ebay kit.
people pay $1,500 for mods that don't do anything to this car unlike this kit.
I really hope this kit stays around this price.
For $1300 I got a Borla header, catted front pipe and a tune. Net gain was 25whp and 15lb ft.
Fast_Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #1640
Toma

Drives: Viper, Mustang, FD RX7, FFR GTM
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post

For $1300 I got a Borla header, catted front pipe and a tune. Net gain was 25whp and 15lb ft.
You bought it all used?

And great example, similar cost even buying used, and got less than half the gain (power under the curve).
Toma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toma For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #1641
Fast_Freddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma View Post
You bought it all used?

And great example, similar cost even buying used, and got less than half the gain (power under the curve).
Nothing was used.

Borla header - $550 Amazon ($600 elsewhere)
Tsudo catted FP - $170 (now $200)
Visconti stg2 tune & license - $575

My intent was not to compare my few upgrades to the ESC but rather to contest the far too often repeated nonsense that "$1500 worth of upgrades gets you nothing but the $1600 super-duper ESC is a million-jillion times better than any other FI solution!"
Old 09-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #1642
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Angry

Quote:
Nothing was used.

My intent was not to compare my few upgrades to the ESC but rather to contest the far too often repeated nonsense that "$1500 worth of upgrades gets you nothing but the $1600 super-duper ESC is a million-jillion times better than any other FI solution!"
I don't think anyone connected to this project has ever said or suggested this. That's one of many reasons the ESC has credibility here. No one connected to the project has said it's better than any other FI solution. The ESC is good for a specific use case (DD, with enhanced usage possible in the future). Read the entire thread (I've followed it since day one), get to know the players, and then see if any of what you're defending or espousing makes any sense before posting it. If you don't have time to learn about it, then don't post. The only thing your exposing is yourself.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:21 AM   #1643
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Nothing was used.

Nobody has said it is better than other fi solution's. Its a different solution that is easily installed, is lesss than half the price and gives decent gains. It gives essentially double the gains you would get going with a na build... Even more so below 6500rpm.

fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:54 AM   #1644
Fast_Freddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
I don't think anyone connected to this project has ever said or suggested this. That's one of many reasons the ESC has credibility here. No one connected to the project has said it's better than any other FI solution. The ESC is good for a specific use case (DD, with enhanced usage possible in the future). Read the entire thread (I've followed it since day one), get to know the players, and then see if any of what you're defending or espousing makes any sense before posting it. If you don't have time to learn about it, then don't post. The only thing your exposing is yourself.
LOL! You really need to re-read the entire thread if you actually believe that nonsense! I'm not about to waste my time searching for you. Expose yourself asshat.

Quote:
Nobody has said it is better than other fi solution's. Its a different solution that is easily installed, is lesss than half the price and gives decent gains. It gives essentially double the gains you would get going with a na build... Even more so below 6500rpm.

LOL! Numerous people, including yourself on several occasions, have stated emphatically that this ESC is much better than other FI solutions! Have you no memory?

I've actually been considering buying one of these instead of a Innovate SC but I still get sick of all the fan boy BS that you and the other cheer leaders keep spewing. All I ask is that you stick to the facts. A tune is a tune so quit implying that the ESC tune is so much less. No FI kit needs fuel system mods to make this power level so don't imply that other kits do. Please stop exaggerating ESC performance by only comparing it to the worst known dyno results for other FI kits.

IMO Rob's ESC is impressive enough without all the fan boy embellishment. Carry on...
Old 09-01-2013, 02:35 AM   #1645
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
GT86meMR2 (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 03:46 AM   #1646
asher187

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 1995 Civic Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
What a douche

Nothing better than an uptight teacher who knows everything and wants to correct everyone

Firestorm FR-S :-D Tucson
asher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to asher187 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #1647
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

They always come out of the woodwork, it's inevitable. I've read through this thread a lot and I don't think I've read anything remotely fan-boyish.

And let me state, *for some people*, this system is VASTLY BETTER than other FI kits. There.. I said it here.

- for the person who wants minimal impact to the car

- wants a moderate increase in pep, doesn't need huge power, but loves a nice full torque curve

- wants to easily install/uninstall/re-install over a weekend (because I don't want to get my butt kicked in Street Mod)

No other system, not even the 'easy to install' Innovate SC can do this. Is it better for power than any of the turbo kits out there? Not even close. Does it produce more power and all the cool sounds than the base Innovate Kit makes? Probably not. But it does make for some impressive results, and it's exciting for a lot of people that it's achieving those results in a very different means (electric motor driven centrifugal compressor). Science, yo.
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bfrank1972 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #1648
BlueDubbinTDI

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2012 MCS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank1972 View Post
Science, yo.
BlueDubbinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueDubbinTDI For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #1649
brichard0625

Drives: 2013 Scion Frs(Scarlet)
Quote:
So, exactly the same as all the other available super and turbo charger kits. No messing with fuel system, supporting mods or clutches at these (or higher) HP/TQ levels.

Actually, unless the projected ESC price of $1600 has changed, the cost is 1/2 and install time is 1/2 of the $3195 Innovate SC that installs in 4 hrs.

Wow! What turbo kit did you price??? The closest comparable turbo kit to this ESC is the 250whp AVO kit for $4300 and it very easily eclipses the performance this ESC kit offers. That's $2700 less for 1/2 the performance upgrade. Still a better value in some regards but nothing like you were saying.

i priced out a fullblown turbo kit. with cable and license 5495.00
clutch $580
then i called around and got some install prices and best price for turbo and clutch install was $1500. $7500 total not to mention the headaches a turbo can cause, and eat away your wallet if things dont go as planed. Even if this supercharger is priced at $2000 thats 5500 i save. Granted some turbos are less money but with a turbo you never know what your getting your self into.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #1650
brichard0625

Quote:

I wasnt considering the avo turbo but my rational on esc vs turbo was not about performance it was more about do i really need to speed 5000-7000 or would i rather get an esc that has a great value, use the extra money i would save and get a few other mods and still have money in my pocket instead of the headaches of a turbo. we all know that this kit is not comparable to a turbo but its very impressive for the price. I'd rather buy this than go full bolt ons+e85 because lets say the gains are the same what more can you do now? besides turbo or supercharger. At least with this kit i have more room to play with..at least thats my look on things.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #1651
Gary in NJ

Drives: WR Blue BRZ, 240Z
[QUOTE=bfrank1972;1182185And let me state, *for some people*, this system is VASTLY BETTER than other FI kits. There.. I said it here. [/QUOTE]

Now you've done it.

We'll never convince the horsepower whores on this. To them it's just about the big number. To each their own...good for them. And good for us that Rob has crafted a system that works for us. It's a big play ground.

Gary in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary in NJ For This Useful Post:
brichard0625 (09-01-2013), DAEMANO (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #1652
brichard0625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in NJ View Post
Now you've done it.

We'll never convince the horsepower whores on this. To them it's just about the big number. To each their own...good for them. And good for us that Rob has crafted a system that works for us. It's a big play ground.
if you get this before me. im going out to jersey to check it out lol

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive