follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
FRSowner
Banned

Drives: Hot Lava A/T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First impressions

Hello everyone,
I've had my Hot Lava A/T FR-S for all of 2 days. I thought that I would share some first impressions.
The seats are a bit too firm and I could see them causing some fatigue on long trips. I'm 6'2" and weigh about 215, so they are also a snug fit for me but as they conform to my ass over time, I'm hoping they will become more comfortable.
The A/C works fantastic! It was about 100 today but it cooled down quickly and the small cabin space helps keep things cool.
The blind spots that some have mentioned can be all but eliminated by adjusting your outside mirrors at a sharper angle than other cars may need.
The lack of a center armrest makes me want to design and build one. Hopefully the aftermarket will offer something soon.
If you haven't bought an FR-S yet, don't be in so much of a hurry that you let yourself be screwed. Some dealers are being assholes by jacking up prices, adding on crap that you don't want nor need, or jerking people around with promised arrival dates and such.
From the time I started looking to purchasing was about a week. I used www. autotrader.com to find what was locally available and was flexible on my color choices (I really wanted a Firestorm red one but I'm very happy with Hot Lava). If the dealer doesn't cater to YOU, walk away. It's just a car and more will be available in just a few months. Dealers screwed people over on Mustangs when the new 'retro' body style came out and within a few months, their lots were overflowing with those pieces of shit and they had to discount them to move them. This time next year, I believe Scion dealerships will have LOTS of FR-S's, so please don't be fooled into paying over sticker or getting ripped off in other ways. It's all about supply and demand. Fortunately, reputable Scion dealers treat their customers right.
The car draws attention. If you don't want people looking at you and asking questions in parking lots, don't buy one, but I love this shit.
Overall, this car has impressed me. I have owned many other sporty and fast cars in my life and this one seems like a real winner.
FRSowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Sivtec

Drives: 12 Mitsu Evo X, 09 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSowner View Post
Hello everyone,
I've had my Hot Lava A/T FR-S for all of 2 days. I thought that I would share some first impressions.
The seats are a bit too firm and I could see them causing some fatigue on long trips. I'm 6'2" and weigh about 215, so they are also a snug fit for me but as they conform to my ass over time, I'm hoping they will become more comfortable.
The A/C works fantastic! It was about 100 today but it cooled down quickly and the small cabin space helps keep things cool.
The blind spots that some have mentioned can be all but eliminated by adjusting your outside mirrors at a sharper angle than other cars may need.
The lack of a center armrest makes me want to design and build one. Hopefully the aftermarket will offer something soon.
If you haven't bought an FR-S yet, don't be in so much of a hurry that you let yourself be screwed. Some dealers are being assholes by jacking up prices, adding on crap that you don't want nor need, or jerking people around with promised arrival dates and such.
From the time I started looking to purchasing was about a week. I used www. autotrader.com to find what was locally available and was flexible on my color choices (I really wanted a Firestorm red one but I'm very happy with Hot Lava). If the dealer doesn't cater to YOU, walk away. It's just a car and more will be available in just a few months. Dealers screwed people over on Mustangs when the new 'retro' body style came out and within a few months, their lots were overflowing with those pieces of shit and they had to discount them to move them. This time next year, I believe Scion dealerships will have LOTS of FR-S's, so please don't be fooled into paying over sticker or getting ripped off in other ways. It's all about supply and demand. Fortunately, reputable Scion dealers treat their customers right.
The car draws attention. If you don't want people looking at you and asking questions in parking lots, don't buy one, but I love this shit.
Overall, this car has impressed me. I have owned many other sporty and fast cars in my life and this one seems like a real winner.
+1 to pretty much everything you said. I, however, am a tiny guy so the seat fits me fine. This thing definitely needs an armrest though. I will say once I put the seat down all the way, it kinda helps rest your arm on the center now. As far as the attention drawing, crazyness. Everyone that I look at, takes a second look. I had a couple guys today point and stare as I drove by... AWESOME!!!
Sivtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
Brimford

Drives: Whiteout / MT FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Theres a post around here showing potential parts being sold by scion overtime. They stated a center arm rest should be available winter 2012. Never thought i'd be excited for an arm rest!
Brimford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
Chewie4299
Spaceman

Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Still waiting on mine but on my test drive the lack of an armrest was the only thing that disappointed me and that can be rectified.
Chewie4299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
genometuning

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie4299 View Post
Still waiting on mine but on my test drive the lack of an armrest was the only thing that disappointed me and that can be rectified.
yeah. unfortunately thats a common problem with many of the compact sports cars these days. why do I rest my right arm
genometuning is offline   Reply With Quote