follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Like saving the planet? read this

http://igg.me/p/atlas-organics-heali...ther/x/2413378

The above link is a kick-starter-type website, my friends are trying to start up their own company selling green and eco-safe cleaning products as well as personal care products. They are trying to raise funds for EPA testing. When they get EPA certification, they will be the first cleaning products that are deemed safe all around for you and the environment. Their products have benefiting properties for the environment when they are disposed of down the drain.

The biggest goals they had were:

To be as pure as possible, that means not using synthetic chemicals, but by using 100% USDA certified ingredients, ect

To be affordable to you and me, that means there isnt a compromise when going to the store and buying something that helps you, your home and the environment. Would you rather buy bleach, which causes fumes that can hurt you. Or buy a cleaning product that uses aroma therapy to make you happy?

To help others, 10% of everything they make from their products goes straight to charities

If you could donate/share this on facebook, twitter, with other ft86club members! or post on other car forums, that would be great! I mean we do drive one of the most environmentally friendly sports cars out there lol sippin gas, leaving tracks

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Asphalt~86
Banned

Drives: Asphalt AT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
People don't want to save the world. Invent a cleaning product that melts whatever it is sprayed on. That will be some shit.
Asphalt~86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt~86 View Post
People don't want to save the world. Invent a cleaning product that melts whatever it is sprayed on. That will be some shit.

here ya go!

lol

but seriously im trying to help these guys

(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
Old 02-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
5hairpins

Drives: 2013 MT Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I want to step in here. CarbonBlue is a friend of mine, I met through this site. I have personally met with these guys about this company and been following their progress for a few months.

I would like to throw my limited influence behind CB and his friends and second his request to look into this company and what they are trying to do. I think you will find it a worthwhile cause and one worth investing in.
5hairpins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hairpins View Post
I want to step in here. CarbonBlue is a friend of mine, I met through this site. I have personally met with these guys about this company and been following their progress for a few months.

I would like to throw my limited influence behind CB and his friends and second his request to look into this company and what they are trying to do. I think you will find it a worthwhile cause and one worth investing in.
thank you, yeah we've been hard at work on this for a while now throwing every dime we have into it...

(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
Old 02-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
zenki_levin
Road Warrior

Drives: AE86 Levin
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Damn, $150,000 Goal, good luck with that. Only $10 so far.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
TOMIMOTO

Drives: MY00 Impreza 2.5RS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Vendor status?
TOMIMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki_levin View Post
Damn, $150,000 Goal, good luck with that. Only $10 so far.
the fundraiser went live less than 24hrs ago

and if you think its hard to believe to raise that kind of money? the tallest man on earth raised $46,000 so he could make shoes for himself that would fit

http://www.gofundme.com/crowdfunding-websites/

Igor Vovkovinskiy “Thank you so much @gofundme for everything you did for me. Only because of @gofundme and my friends, was I able to raise money for shoes.”

EPA testing is $50k a pop lol... thats why big companies like proctor and gamble OWN that industry, not to mention all the other tests you have to do, and all the other certifications....

If you added up all the lab facility work, scientific study behind it, and the certifications our suppliers have, as far as formulating this product so that it works. out of pocket costs for a person like me and you would range in the 4 - 8 million area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMIMOTO View Post
Vendor status?
we are currently filling orders for commercial-use-only until we get the website up and the ordering software that goes with managing the site. We don't have have any money at the moment and we are doing everything on our own. We were going to use an investor in the beginning but the percentage they were asking for would keep us from donating to charities and funding other earth saving projects we have planned. There's only 3 of us at the moment and none of us have seen a dime from it. You just gotta do what you gotta do when you are inventing something...

The website should be done in 3-5 weeks depending on how much time out of regular work we have, at that time you can place an order through our site. (don't hold your breathe, as with any new business things change rapidly but that date is when we plan on having the website finished, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be up on time) if we had the funds we would hire people to do all of this for us, and at that point we wouldn't need a fundraiser to help us out

http://www.bluefountainmedia.com/blo...ish-a-website/

that link paints an easy picture on how long it takes, then months of refinements after that because it has to be appealing to your demographic... just like it took 5 years to complete the FT86, they though it was going to be ready in 2011 but took almost a whole year more to fine tune it

(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x

Last edited by carbonBLUE; 02-14-2013 at 06:25 PM.