follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 06-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Sall
Sallbaru

Drives: raven FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
frs canyon testing...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Lc-2KGJTA"]scion FRS canyon t[/ame]
(saw this on youtube not my FRS,looks like fun) FRS testing run, vehicle is bone stock along with its tire. The car has not yet breaking so RPM was kept under 5k. we simply want to show how the car was able to handle the road without drama. VSC was on sport, traction was on as well thats why there were blinking yellow lights. during middle of the run there was a 996 turbo with full suspension mods and power upgrade. also a Civic EK. hope you all enjoy this. more stuffs will be add onto the setup and upgrade for the FRS. stay tune
Sall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sall For This Useful Post:
Bounce (06-18-2012), MattR (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Nothing to suggest this is a closed course. The law is clearly broken and the safety of other vehicles that may be on that same stretch of road compromised. This is not interesting, informative or impressive.

Thread should be deleted.
rice_classic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rice_classic For This Useful Post:
Godzilla35 (06-19-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
I usually post drunk

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
#87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
Sall
Sallbaru

calm down nobody its suggesting to go do this,its like playing gta or watching violence movies just because someone else do it that does not mean you have to go out and do it but i do agree its not right but this video its to kinda "show" how the frs handles in the canyons nothing else so chill my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
Nothing to suggest this is a closed course. The law is clearly broken and the safety of other vehicles that may be on that same stretch of road compromised. This is not interesting, informative or impressive.

Last edited by Sall; 06-18-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Wrong comparison. GTA and violent movies take place in fake realities. Your ridiculous video does not. You are a danger to yourself and those around you.

Tell these people to "calm down"
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3617155
http://www2.ocregister.com/articles/...foundation-oak

You clearly have a disregard for the safety of others. California has a copious number of race tracks for you to go play on, stop putting other people in danger.

As far as a video to "show" how the FRS handles, it's really very very poor video and does nothing to illustrate anything about the quality of the car, only the lack of quality of the person in it.

Basically this video is a pathetic display of your disregard for the law and the safety of others and denigrates the quality of the community as a whole.

Buy a goPro and go out to ButtonWillow, Infineon, Laguna etc etc etc and then post video. The response will be very different.
rice_classic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rice_classic For This Useful Post:
b.e (06-18-2012), Ess Vee (06-18-2012), kwood9000 (06-18-2012), maxdriver (06-19-2012), ToxicSneakers (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
pete66

Drives: Mazda 3
yeaahh buddy
pete66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pete66 For This Useful Post:
MattR (06-18-2012), Sall (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
BioRage

Drives: ~_~
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

Oh God, call the forum police.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
sickmint79

Drives: bmw
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
gonna agree with rc
sickmint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
Sall
Sallbaru

to end this discussion that not my video and thats not me,but believe me this wont be the first or the last vid you will see like this,i mean even the scion commercial shows drifting in a canyon,yes i know they close the road to shoot the video but alotta people will try this just because they saw the scion commercial,not all people live in a perfect world like yours.cheers
Quote:
Wrong comparison. GTA and violent movies take place in fake realities. Your ridiculous video does not. You are a danger to yourself and those around you.

Tell these people to "calm down"
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3617155
http://www2.ocregister.com/articles/...foundation-oak

You clearly have a disregard for the safety of others. California has a copious number of race tracks for you to go play on, stop putting other people in danger.

As far as a video to "show" how the FRS handles, it's really very very poor video and does nothing to illustrate anything about the quality of the car, only the lack of quality of the person in it.

Basically this video is a pathetic display of your disregard for the law and the safety of others and denigrates the quality of the community as a whole.

Buy a goPro and go out to ButtonWillow, Infineon, Laguna etc etc etc and then post video. The response will be very different.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
Shin

Drives: Highlander, Corolla, Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sall View Post
to end this discussion that not my video and thats not me,but believe me this wont be the first or the last vid you will see like this,i mean even the scion commercial shows drifting in a canyon,yes i know they close the road to shoot the video but alotta people will try this just because they saw the scion commercial,not all people live in a perfect world like yours.cheers
But the commercial has a disclaimer saying how the driving is done by professionals. They also stayed in the proper lane during the drift.
Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #11
Sall
Sallbaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin View Post
But the commercial has a disclaimer saying how the driving is done by professionals. They also stayed in the proper lane during the drift.
yes of course i understand,im not saying scion did something wrong im just trying to respond to the situation about danger and breaking the law i mean its not even my video but like i said it wont be the first or the last wrong thing people do with an frs (trying to live in a perfect world wake up)sometimes to have some fun you have to break the law,again im not saying its right to do it ,a mature consious man will see this low quality vid ignore it and pass on thats it .
Old 06-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
Sall
Sallbaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Oh God, call the forum police.
thats what i was think lol.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #13
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
It's a video that OP found on YouTube, quit harassing him for posting it. No need to preach to him about safe driving if he's not the one driving recklessly.

You guys are more than welcome to complain about the person who made the video, though...
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
Zgrinch (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #14
blu_

Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
TBF he did seem to be endorsing it.

@whoever made the video, driving in the left hand lane and passing around a blind corner are pretty much the douchiest way to drive possible. I just hope you lose your license before killing someone innocent.
blu_ is offline   Reply With Quote