follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #113
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsites View Post
I have one major issue with this, and that is that no ls swapped car goes up in value... Sorry but no modified car is worth buying unless you personally know the previous owner. There are just too many variables and anyone with a brain will not pay more for a car that has a complete drivetrain swap unless they are made of money, stupid, or both. And that goes for any heavily modified car.
Visit the site No Rotors and you will find that 93-95 RX7 's with the ls swap regularly sell for well over 20k up to the 30's. It's not uncommon at all.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #114
Jaden
Road-hole

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
can you link to this LS turbo'd FRS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
There is already a turbo ls in a frs guess you missed it.

And you said that much I never did but again it's only go with what supports your completely untrue opinion with no factual basis, the rest of us will live on in the real world kiddo.

When you can factually add something to this thread or answer the points made maybe you can think about contributing again, until then go and up your post count while spreading ignorance elsewhere.
Do you have a link??? all of the FRS LS swapped cars I've seen have been shoehorned to fit. I'd love to see how they fit all of the plumbing to turbo it and I said you would never fit a twin turbo LS anyways not a turbo.

I'm sorry you're getting all butt hurt that I'm disagreeing with your decision, but I'm not full of shit and considering that you're having someone else do the work I'm sure I've built more high hp cars than you...lol...

Jaden
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #115
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
the 2jz leaves room in the engine bay for FI etc... I also stated that it was different iterations that provided advantages in different ways for different things.

Me personally I want an all around best car on pump gas, so that is the perspective that I am coming from.

You can get more reliable power out of a 2jz in this car than you can with an LS. Will it handle better?? I don't know depends what type of driving you are doing...

seems like most on here are interested in AutoX because that's what the toyobaru twins are best for out of the box.

A remington 700 is best for 200-400yd shooting out of the box. I could make it a good assault rifle with enough mods though.

It wouldn't really resemble a remington 700 any more and you would be much better off starting with an AR and making a 300 blackout, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a whole lot of fun to do and have something completely unique.

It's the same with the FRS... People act like the FRS has to be used for autoX and mountain driving because that's what it's most competitive at out of the box.

I know the above has little to do with your posts and desires.

It really just depends what you want in the end.

Are you willing to sacrifice some handling and CG for a stronger base to work from without the ability to FI later or whatever, or do you wanna build up an engine that came with the car... arguments can be made both ways, but don't try to argue that you aren't sacrificing anything by doing the LS swap, because that would be disingenuous or at the least incorrect.

Jaden
Just like turboing an frs with a front mount causes just as many cg sacrifices... Again ignoring points that done line up with what you want to say. Like the corner weight pictures posted of actual swaps.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:38 PM   #116
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Quote:
Do you have a link??? all of the FRS LS swapped cars I've seen have been shoehorned to fit. I'd love to see how they fit all of the plumbing to turbo it and I said you would never fit a twin turbo LS anyways not a turbo.

I'm sorry you're getting all butt hurt that I'm disagreeing with your decision, but I'm not full of shit and considering that you're having someone else do the work I'm sure I've built more high hp cars than you...lol...

Jaden
Yeah I'm having someone else do it, again pulling stuff out of thin air as usual.

It's ok any time you want to compare builds or actually say something factual let me know, until then go read this thread where someone just posted about one of the many ls swapped cars in super street was it?
Old 07-29-2014, 04:42 PM   #117
Jaden
Road-hole

DIFFERENT not just as many...

Quote:
Just like turboing an frs with a front mount causes just as many cg sacrifices... Again ignoring points that done line up with what you want to say. Like the corner weight pictures posted of actual swaps.
An up front turbo causes different CG issues not necessarily as many or as much...

Adding 60 lbs of weight up front is different than adding 175 lbs just above and to the sides of the existing. In this very thread I believe they showed the weight distribution after a swap and the cars over all weight went from 2758 to 2919.

so 161 lbs difference. Not a lot but that's 100 lbs more top heavy weight and while a front mounted turbo may change the front to rear bias, I think the up top weight bias change is more substantial in regards to cornering.

If you're looking to drag, the front to rear is a little more substantial when trying to hook up...

Again, what is your overall goal with this car???

Jaden
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaden For This Useful Post:
wsites (07-29-2014)
Old 07-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #118
Jaden
Road-hole

I thought you already had the motor???

Quote:
Yeah I'm having someone else do it, again pulling stuff out of thin air as usual.

It's ok any time you want to compare builds or actually say something factual let me know, until then go read this thread where someone just posted about one of the many ls swapped cars in super street was it?
Who are you paying 21K to then???

You said you had the motor. You said that you were paying 21K for the swap??? so what are you paying for if you're doing it yourself???

Jaden
Old 07-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #119
wsites

Drives: 08 STI|15 BRZ|95 L Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Visit the site No Rotors and you will find that 93-95 RX7 's with the ls swap regularly sell for well over 20k up to the 30's. It's not uncommon at all.
Why on earth would anyone pay more for a heavily modified car... That is literally the dumbest thing ever... Can you say reliability issues???
It's obvious you are a muscle car enthusiast based on the cars you say that you own, that being said I have very little respect for your opinion on anything to do with handling and weight, because most muscle car enthusiasts think that their cars are the end all be all because they have a V8 and go fast in a straight line. I'm not necessarily saying that you are one of these however, anyone who denies that swapping a big v8 into a car with a small H4 will upset the handling obviously knows very little about the laws of physics...
Kit provides moar pawar
Kit needs engine build to support moar pawar.
People call it fault
wsites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #120
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Again what makes you think after all those posts with bs that you have any experience I want to draw from?
You have ignored more facts and points just to fit your personal opinion, that's not someone I would ever want advice from.

When you have a factual argument and can deal with any of the information posted with something other than personal opinion let me know, otherwise there is no need for me to discuss the goals of my latest vehicle with you, esp. Since most of it is already posted.

As for your 60 vs 175 as pointed out that was a stock frs vs a swapped not a turbo frs so you might want to check those numbers again.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #121
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Quote:
Why on earth would anyone pay more for a heavily modified car... That is literally the dumbest thing ever... Can you say reliability issues???
It's obvious you are a muscle car enthusiast based on the cars you say that you own, that being said I have very little respect for your opinion on anything to do with handling and weight, because most muscle car enthusiasts think that their cars are the end all be all because they have a V8 and go fast in a straight line. I'm not necessarily saying that you are one of these however, anyone who denies that swapping a big v8 into a car with a small H4 will upset the handling obviously knows very little about the laws of physics...
I pointed out fact I love many vehicles including BMW, Mazda, Toyota and others. I don't judge based off assumptions of what someone likes and I don't care if you want to imply I don't own the vehicles I do you don't matter to me just like I don't matter to you.

As for swaps being unreliable again you might want to think the motor being pulled is a turbo rotary being replaced with a v8 that's light and has a long history of reliability.
The facts not your opinion show the results with just the one car I pointed out with all the information you need to see it for yourself but again ignorance prevents that.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:52 PM   #122
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Quote:
Who are you paying 21K to then???

You said you had the motor. You said that you were paying 21K for the swap??? so what are you paying for if you're doing it yourself???

Jaden
When the Hell did I say I was paying 21k??? I would not spend 12k on an frs sure as Hell not 21k.

My god one claiming I'm a fan boy of muscle cars that I may not own and another with imaginary numbers.
You two trolls are horrible at this.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #123
Floggin Tires

Drives: ZC6, Junk of ALL sorts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
I have one major issue with this, and that is that no ls swapped car goes up in value...
Not to come off as rude but...
Wrong.

Do a little research.

For me to add something wrong as well, would be a statistic.
That statistic, in my opinion would be 70% to 85%.
That 70~85 would be the percentage of LS swaps that when done right
increase the value of said vehicle.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #124
wsites

Garage
Quote:
I pointed out fact I love many vehicles including BMW, Mazda, Toyota and others. I don't judge based off assumptions of what someone likes and I don't care if you want to imply I don't own the vehicles I do you don't matter to me just like I don't matter to you.

As for swaps being unreliable again you might want to think the motor being pulled is a turbo rotary being replaced with a v8 that's light and has a long history of reliability.
The facts not your opinion show the results with just the one car I pointed out with all the information you need to see it for yourself but again ignorance prevents that.
I never said you didn't own them, I simply stated that you say that you own them. You are right about one thing, I do not care about you just as you do not care about me. However, in no way is a swapped engine reliable... There are so many things introduced in the equation that can fail because of an engine swap. Just for an example: transmission, axles, diff to name a few...I'm not saying those do not exist in other modified cars, because they do, however stating that a heavily modified car is "reliable" is simply a falsehood.
Kit provides moar pawar
People call it fault
Old 07-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #125
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Quote:
I never said you didn't own them, I simply stated that you say that you own them. You are right about one thing, I do not care about you just as you do not care about me. However, in no way is a swapped engine reliable... There are so many things introduced in the equation that can fail because of an engine swap. Just for an example: transmission, axles, diff to name a few...I'm not saying those do not exist in other modified cars, because they do, however stating that a heavily modified car is "reliable" is simply a falsehood.
You have no idea what your talking about for the vehicle I gave you an example of, but enough if you can't find out with the information given its because you don't want to. Hints there is nothing more to discuss.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #126
wsites

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floggin Tires View Post
Not to come off as rude but...
Wrong.

Do a little research.

For me to add something wrong as well, would be a statistic.
That statistic, in my opinion would be 70% to 85%.
That 70~85 would be the percentage of LS swaps that when done right
increase the value of said vehicle.
Perhaps it is just me, but I wouldn't pay more for a car that has been tampered with by god only knows who... Perhaps I just care more about vehicle reliability and how I spend my money than you do... Sorry if that comes off as an opinion, but I'm sure it is one that is widely held.
Kit provides moar pawar
People call it fault