follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > New England

New England MA, ME, NH, RI, VT

User Tag List

Old 05-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #71
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I got my VIN! GBS Limited 6MT: Chassis #989, ordered at Atlantic Subaru in Bourne on Mar. 4th. Still no ETA... ha-rumph!

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.

Last edited by Turbowned; 05-14-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #72
davisk6

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Got Mine too. Limited 6MT # 493
davisk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #73
WRXGuy1

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
No VIN, but I'm getting a GBS MT Premium from Subaru of Keene since someone backed out of theirs for a different color, will be here by June!
WRXGuy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #74
cmspooner

Drives: 2013 SWP Limited BRZ - Manual
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Just heard back from Keene...I'm not in the first allocation, so I get to wait another month to see if my number comes up. Yay.
cmspooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #75
bladesamurai

Drives: 13 BRZ, 04 SV650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmspooner View Post
Just heard back from Keene...I'm not in the first allocation, so I get to wait another month to see if my number comes up. Yay.
How far back were you in the list?
bladesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #76
cmspooner

Drives: 2013 SWP Limited BRZ - Manual
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
You were the 7th person who ordered, however, a lot depends on how many people may have ordered the same model/color combo as you did. We will know more when the next allocation comes in.
...Damn....guess my down payment will be a little bigger. Keene did get the first 6 with first choice of color though, so odds are I'll be getting my BRZ in SWP.
cmspooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #77
blalor

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I'm interested to hear of anyone else's experiences with CitySide. I'm thoroughly unimpressed. The salesman sounds annoyed whenever I call asking for info, and he returns 1 in 3 emails. They've *never* reached out to me with information. I heard last week that I'm in that nebulous "late May to July" window. Subaru of Manchester are much friendlier on the phone, to the point where I considered taking that WRB MT Premium instead…
blalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #78
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Gary Smith at Manchester Subaru has been very diligent in following up with me. Moreso than the dealership I have my order with. Maybe you should try getting in touch with him! They are getting the most BRZ's out of anyone in NE as far as I know...

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #79
blalor

Garage
Yeah, I've talked to Gary and he was great.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #80
Sony

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ MT Limited
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blalor View Post
I'm interested to hear of anyone else's experiences with CitySide. I'm thoroughly unimpressed. The salesman sounds annoyed whenever I call asking for info, and he returns 1 in 3 emails. They've *never* reached out to me with information. I heard last week that I'm in that nebulous "late May to July" window. Subaru of Manchester are much friendlier on the phone, to the point where I considered taking that WRB MT Premium instead…
Who is your salesman? Michael Nelson is my contact there and he has been great so far with keeping me up to date with info. Very friendly and he is always willing to help. There hasn't been much to update so he hasn't called me in a while. I called him the other day just for an update because the VIN#'s showed up on the website and he went and checked on everything with his manager for me and then told me there was no change and that the VIN# showing up on the website just means that the cars are "In Transit" and registered in their system now. Basically it means the cars are on the boat but haven't arrived in port yet.
Sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #81
bladesamurai

Drives: 13 BRZ, 04 SV650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm through cityside as well and I've only received one call from them with information I didn't know, but to be fair I learned of most of the news on here before they heard it through the dealer pipeline. I'm pretty sure they're giving me as much info as they have, and any annoyance I have over the nebulous delivery date should be directed towards SNE instead because they're keeping their dealers in the dark.
bladesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #82
blalor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony View Post
Who is your salesman?
John Melvin. I spoke with him and his manager (Dan?) and was summarily unimpressed with both. At the end of the last conversation (where I begged for as much info as Gary had given me the day before, and where they suggested Manchester was trying to pull one over on me), Dan asked me if I still wanted to keep my order. I hesitated, but said yes. They've never initiated a call with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony View Post
Basically it means the cars are on the boat but haven't arrived in port yet.
I got as much from them last week, but had to work much harder at it.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #83
blalor

Garage
I realize I'm sounding kind of harsh, but it's the lack of communication that tweaks me. It's obvious that I'm eager, I put down a deposit in the first week of March, and for all the enthusiasm John has, I might as well be buying a Corolla from him (after spilling coffee on his shirt). I hate the hard sell, but at least try to engage with me and make me feel like you're not doing me a favor by taking my money.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #84
Sony

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ MT Limited
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
See if your can switch to Mike (Michael Nelson), he is a nice guy and is himself VERY excited about the BRZ. I think he is getting one for himself, he is very accommodating and has been very upfront with me. He is a car guy basically, owns a Subaru WRX STI and frequents NASOIC and a couple other forums. When I walked in the door to meet with a salesman he immediately came out of his cubicle and commented on how much he liked my truck (It's very obviously modified also loud so everyone heard it when I pulled up) and we ended up shooting the shit and talking about cars right there for a good 20 to 30 minutes.
Sony is offline   Reply With Quote