follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #1
carlitosway6891

Drives: white out project fr-s
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
just got my OFT today...help please!

so i plug it to my car, i assume it has the latest update on it, i reflash to corresponding mods....i then notice my A/C doesnt work anymore....open the hood, compressor isnt kicking on....i decided to try flashing back factory rom to see if thats what was the problem and a/c worked fine after that....anyone else have this happen to them?? so i get home and im trying to find what file version my OFT has....i dont see anywhere that says version 1.5 or anything like that....i have the software on my laptop...can anyone help guide me?

i feel horrible cause from what i read about it, it seems so simple to use yet im having these issues, or lack of knowledge on how to use it
carlitosway6891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:34 PM   #2
Mike86

Drives: Scion frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thats weird i never had any issues with that! Go on the open flash site there is a video diy from shiv on how to flash your car!
Hope it helps
Mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #3
carlitosway6891

Garage
i did all that step by step and it reflashed my ecu perfectly fine but then thats when i noticed my A/C issue.....then i tried to figure out what version i have and i dont know how to, or what to look for

i see this when i open the software on my laptop
SW version 1.00
FW version 1.22

if this helps
Old 02-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
I have not ever heard anything like this. Nor can I see how it is even possible. Just to confirm, you can checked for codes and nothing?
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #5
carlitosway6891

Garage
i didnt think it was possible just from reflashing the computer either....i looked under the hood to make sure nothing weird was going on, i peaked through the bumper to see if my condensor took a hit while i was driving but nothing...thats when i decided to reflash back to factory rom and sure enough when i started my car, the a/c clutch kicked on...maybe something coincidence idk but i wanted to ask anyways...i havnt put the OFT back in my car since mainly because im trying to figure out what map version i have on my car

no codes at the time either
Old 02-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitosway6891 View Post
i didnt think it was possible just from reflashing the computer either....i looked under the hood to make sure nothing weird was going on, i peaked through the bumper to see if my condensor took a hit while i was driving but nothing...thats when i decided to reflash back to factory rom and sure enough when i started my car, the a/c clutch kicked on...maybe something coincidence idk but i wanted to ask anyways...i havnt put the OFT back in my car since mainly because im trying to figure out what map version i have on my car

Plug in OFT select the INFO button should display ROM type of your car.

I wonder if somehow you have flashed an incorrect map although the OFT should stop you doing that. or something weird like a Auto ROM when you have a manual

might be worth

1.Flashing back to stock ROM (which I think you have.)
2. Erase OFT using Open flash manager software
3. Read your stock ROM again.
4. use OFT INFO button to confirm ROM type
5. download correct ROM files types from www.openflashtablet.com
6. Load up OFT with .bin ROM tunes required
7. Flash ROM
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #7
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitosway6891 View Post

noticed in "garage" you have "scanguage" make sure its removed when flashing or using OFT as the use same CAN buss ID I think.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #8
carlitosway6891

Garage
seems i have the hang of it now...i did download Shivs latest maps to my computer and found a way to upload it to the OFT. i basically stumbled on how to do it...i guess my mistake was me looking for a file on the OFT itself that said 1.55 or something like that, but apparently thats not how it works...and the files that were in the OFT, i was not able to read the first time around, only able to delete. so i deleted all the files that were there minus the original map cause you cant delete that, and uploaded from the 1.55 folder the files i wanted which were stage 2 uel and stage 2 uel e85....they wrote to the OFT, i went to my car, flashed to the map i wanted and it seems to have worked....

as for the A/C compressor issue i had earlier...im going to keep an eye on that tomorrow. it definitely was weird, i know FOR SURE i had the A/C button on and when i looked under the hood, a/c clutch was not turning....and this was after driving for about 10 minutes. i got my fingers crossed!!

as for the scangauge....it has since been retired =) i dont have an OBD splitter so the OFT is the only thing im using =)
Old 02-20-2014, 10:00 PM   #9
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
It's virtually impossible to load an incompatible map with the OFT since it only allows you to upload a ROM with the same calibration ID as your original ROM. If you used the auto-generating map feature (no laptop), you are running the most current v1.55 maps.

Still can't see the tune causing an issue with the AC. I'm betting on coincidence as the ECU has nothing to do with the HVAC system electronics.
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shiv@Openflash For This Useful Post:
carlitosway6891 (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 10:05 PM   #10
carlitosway6891

Garage
i have always had bad luck with things...they say if it wasnt for bad luck, i'd have no luck at all....lol well ill be uploading some logs soon then to see how things are going...thanks everyone for the quick response!