follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
kaitak98

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Dealer for Service in ATL

Hey all-

I recently found a GBS Limited at a dealer in Western Michigan. Since everybody in ATL was saying I would have to wait a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 6 months for local delivery I bought the car, flew up to Michigan to take delivery and drove it back. The dealer in Muskegon was great. I wish they were local so I could have service done there but no such luck.

I have a case open with SOA for poor GPS reception. They asked me to pick a dealer and make an appointment to have the car looked at. I'm also looking for somewhere to have regular service done.

Who's service department do you guys like in the Metro area? I live in Midtown so Stivers would be the closest. I work at Hartsfield so I could also go to Subaru of McDonough. I'm hoping I will get a loaner car for the GPS work but I'm not counting on that for regular service.

Opinions are welcome-

TIA
kaitak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
chandz05

Drives: CBS BRZ limited MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Congrats on the purchase!
I bought my car from Stivers. They seemed friendly/helpful enough, although I didn't have much contact with their service department.
I went to Subaru of Kennesaw for my first service since they're closer to where I live. Those guys are awesome. I'm gonna go there from now on for everything else. Not too sure about other dealerships in the metro area, though.
chandz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
kwood9000

Drives: Limited WRB AT6 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Still forming my opinion on Stivers. I'll see how it goes when I get the Nav system fix.
kwood9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
2pt5RS
Berz

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Stay away from Stivers Service department. They recently lost their only certified master tech (a friend of mine) and have a bit of a wait for subpar service.

Another buddy called them yesterday to see about getting his oil changed. They told him the earliest they could get him in was MAYBE next Tuesday.

I bought from Subaru of Gwinnett and will more than likely take it there or Kennesaw. Kennesaw is a LOT closer to me, but I haven't dealt with their service department in a few years, so I can't vouch for how they are.

Classic never did me wrong, but then again, I never dealt with service directly. Another friend was a certified master tech, so I'd have him do anything I needed done as side work.

All I know about McDonough dealer is it was recently acquired by a new owner.
2pt5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2pt5RS For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (10-11-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
kaitak98

Thx guys... Might give Kennesaw a call and see if they can work me in for the nav fix.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
kwood9000

Stivers is disappointed in my survey responses

Due to the poor communication from Stivers during the 151 day long wait I asked James to provide a few items to “help” make up for it. One of the requested items was the bumper appliqué. James agreed to provide the items.

However, after receiving my Subaru survey results, James decided to call me today and renege on giving me the bumper appliqué (the only outstanding item). I guess he figured I would artificially inflate my survey ratings because of a few freebies.

I planned on allowing Stivers to do my upcoming services, but because of James’ treatment I will go elsewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwood9000 For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (10-11-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
chandz05

Drives: CBS BRZ limited MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwood9000 View Post
Stivers is disappointed in my survey responses

Due to the poor communication from Stivers during the 151 day long wait I asked James to provide a few items to “help” make up for it. One of the requested items was the bumper appliqué. James agreed to provide the items.

However, after receiving my Subaru survey results, James decided to call me today and renege on giving me the bumper appliqué (the only outstanding item). I guess he figured I would artificially inflate my survey ratings because of a few freebies.

I planned on allowing Stivers to do my upcoming services, but because of James’ treatment I will go elsewhere.
Eh he promised me a few freebies too, including a carbon fiber key ring. Never heard back from him after buying the car besides a call from the dealership secretary. Oh well. Kennesaw is way closer to me and seems to genuinely care, IMHO.
@kaitak98 Did you give Kennesaw a call? Are they going to help you out with your nav issues?
chandz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
kwood9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandz05 View Post
Eh he promised me a few freebies too, including a carbon fiber key ring. Never heard back from him after buying the car besides a call from the dealership secretary. Oh well. Kennesaw is way closer to me and seems to genuinely care, IMHO.
@kaitak98 Did you give Kennesaw a call? Are they going to help you out with your nav issues?
I decided to try Gwinnett (also mentioned by @2pt5RS) for my needed parts and/or service.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #9
kaitak98

Went to Kennesaw on Tuesday. The factory rep looked at the car but didn't do anything about the problem. I also had them look into the chirping. They ordered parts that will be here in Dec. Soon after I left the dealer I got the dreaded CEL and TC Light. Went right back and hey took the car right in and pulled the codes. After a reset I was on my way only to have the same issue 30 minutes later. I have a call into the service manager to figure out a plan.

I think most of the problems are above the dealer level. The folks at Kennesaw took pretty good care of me although I'd hate to be sentenced to driving the Forester courtesy car for very long.

Here's the thread with my CEL post.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...=15577&page=69
Old 10-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #10
ironchef

Drives: GLI
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I did the same thing as you (bought out of state, drove back).

After a long road trip, I decided to flush out the original oil. Went to Subaru of Gwinnett, even on a Saturday I was in and out fairly quickly, all seems gravy.

I had a bad experience at Stivers (sales not service) before that would make me not want to set foot in that dealership again.
ironchef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ironchef For This Useful Post:
kwood9000 (10-11-2012)