follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 06-15-2022, 12:50 PM   #15
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,327 Times in 7,384 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93SE View Post
You are correct in some of that.. the factory setup includes a small swirl/surge can and the pump is submerged inside that with roughly 1qt total volume (including that displaced by the pump and the plastic bits). The factory stuff feeds into there so the pump doesn't just become exposed and run out of fuel in every turn. How long does it take to drain the sump and all that? I don't know the answer there. but the jet pump thing basically works to help keep the swirl tank full. it's ALSO fed from the left side of the tank so it's not just the little jet pump thing from the right side.

I have a stock pump assy sitting on my workbench if you want photos, but it'll have to be tomorrow since I have some plans today and tonight.
Thanks for the clarification.

I am good on pics but thanks, I have another OE fuel basket assembly too. I am just going to run a second fuel basket on the sender side to feed the stock basket setup essentially. The only thing I have been working on is how I would automatically switch it on. If I run the car this year, I was just going to run it on a manual switch and have a motor controller run it at a lower duty cycle.
Old 06-15-2022, 01:02 PM   #16
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,327 Times in 7,384 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
I wonder if it wouldn't be cured by simply moving the pickup closer to the outside corner, or making it flexible like those on chainsaws and such.
Maybe. It is on a flex hose already mounted to the sender on the passenger side. I am kinda curious in the radium jet pump now. I don't think it will be enough for e85, but for pump gas it may be enough to keep it from happening.
Old 06-15-2022, 01:07 PM   #17
RedReplicant

Drives: None
Thanked 1,214 Times in 517 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
My car has the Radium in tank hanger and a Radium surge tank, I can say for certain that you can pump the tank pretty much completely dry with an unhooked fuel line rather than missing what is in the right side of the saddle like a stock setup.

Whether the surge tank assists in this by dumping fuel back into the tank I can't be sure of.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:08 PM   #18
gcranston

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
Gerald.. sell an easy plug and play solution with a pump and comprehensive install instructions and you’ll be a big hit.

Enjoy your early retirement.

Can confirm
gcranston is offline   Reply With Quote