follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 01-25-2017, 05:33 PM   #1
The Sentinel
Project BRZ-Boosted Autos

Drives: MY14 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VIDEO - OEM AUDIO + Sound system Installation, Tuning and Review!

Here you go guys, hope these help!

Overall very easy to install and the result is excellent. Very clean and stealth installation and no issues at all to speak of.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLK7vK-P8LI"]OEM Audio Plus Sound System Install - 86/BRZ/FRS - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL6sezIkw10"]OEM Audio Plus Sound System - Tuning & Review - 86/BRZ/FRS - YouTube[/ame]
Old 01-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #2
Eman

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 series
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Great video, thanks for sharing. I just installed one of these systems too. I like it, my only real complaint was that the tweeters sounded a bit harsh and fatiguing. I wound up boosting the low frequencies a little bit and a rolling off the highest frequencies a little bit. So my EQ kind of looks like a gentle slope starting slightly higher at the base side (left) and ending slightly lower on the right side.

Interesting that you heard no difference with the "location" settings. With my Kenwood, the "location" settings seem to make a big difference. The "all" setting (which is basically no location) really envelopes you in the music but it also takes away all imaging. If I set it to the drivers location (front left in my case), the music is a bit thinner and not quite as enveloping but you get really good imaging, you can really pick out the location of the instruments in front of you.

Eman
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #3
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I've seen these videos before, good stuff, but didn't you sell your car already?
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, oem+ oem audio, sound