follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Rocky Mountains / Great Plains

Rocky Mountains / Great Plains CO, IA, KS, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, WY

User Tag List

Old 07-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #29
Badaab

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaksjm View Post
I'm interested. What time were you thinking?
I've honestly no idea! Shoot me an IM and we can figure something out.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #30
Brett
First 86

Drives: Whiteout MT FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I'm down in Parker. I've seen quite a few others down here too.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #31
VietGrlTrippie

Drives: Whiteout Scion FR-S Five:AD Edition
Northglenn area here.
We also meet weekly with other car enthusiasts Wednesday nights around 7:30pm/8ish at Steak n' Shake in Englewood. Come stop by and say hi
07' OBP WRX tr R.I.P.
VietGrlTrippie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VietGrlTrippie For This Useful Post:
Drftfan (07-18-2013)
Old 07-31-2013, 12:56 AM   #32
THA STI GUY
DRIFT BUILD

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
For all you guys in denver and CO springs. if you havnt heard yet in two week AUG 15-17 at Pikes peak international speedway triple crown drift is putting on a 3 day drift week event. I am planning on coming down for all 3 days we should get all the frs/brz guys together and bring them down and check it out and kick it and come for a ride in my car!!!!!

2013 FRS Rocket bunny- PETE
THA STI GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:15 AM   #33
CNYBRZ

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited
Hey guys I'm moving to Denver at the end of August, looking to meet up with other brz/frs owners. Do you guys still meet up in the Englewood area?
CNYBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #34
destinharper

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
I live down in Castle Rock, I have an asphalt FR-S I've one other Hot Lava FR-S around here but there are a lot of BRZ's around here.
destinharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #35
mrlewistan
Driver of FR-S 1467

Drives: 2013 scion frs 001467
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYBRZ View Post
Hey guys I'm moving to Denver at the end of August, looking to meet up with other brz/frs owners. Do you guys still meet up in the Englewood area?
moved yet? and have you joined the facebook page?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Coloradofrsbrzowners
mrlewistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #36
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
I'll be moving down from Minneapolis at the end of October(95% Chance) for my job. I'm just curious what places are good to move to and I'm looking for my fellow owners in CO for some help.

My job will be in Englewood and I'll hope to buy a house within a year. Are there places within a half hour that are definite no-no areas for newcomers?

Thanks for the help!

Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #37
VietnamPhenom

Drives: 2013 FR-S WHITEOUT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Stay away from the Denver/Colfax area. I would look into Centennial or Greenwood Village. They are really nice area and not too far away from Englewood. Look into Foxfield as well. Foxfield is a newly developed city. So houses and apartments will be a tad expensive. If you are looking for a cheaper area. Look into Aurora. I personally live in Aurora. Its not a bad place to stay depending on the area. Southeast and south Aurora are safer area. West and North area is fairly bad. Some places in Centennial and Greenwood Village are a tad pricey. I don't know what your price range is, but those 3-4 areas are close by Englewood.
VietnamPhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #38
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietnamPhenom View Post
Stay away from the Denver/Colfax area. I would look into Centennial or Greenwood Village. They are really nice area and not too far away from Englewood. Look into Foxfield as well. Foxfield is a newly developed city. So houses and apartments will be a tad expensive. If you are looking for a cheaper area. Look into Aurora. I personally live in Aurora. Its not a bad place to stay depending on the area. Southeast and south Aurora are safer area. West and North area is fairly bad. Some places in Centennial and Greenwood Village are a tad pricey. I don't know what your price range is, but those 3-4 areas are close by Englewood.
Thank you for the excellent info! And also curious...do I need a separate winter vehicle or would a good set of snow tires do? In MN, the winters can be really harsh so I have an older Forester, but I am debating about selling it.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #39
VietnamPhenom

Drives: 2013 FR-S WHITEOUT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
Thank you for the excellent info! And also curious...do I need a separate winter vehicle or would a good set of snow tires do? In MN, the winters can be really harsh so I have an older Forester, but I am debating about selling it.
If you are putting snow tires on the FR-S, make sure you get a good set of snow tires like Blizzaks. Keep some weight in the trunk for added traction. I would keep the Forester for the winters here. Its not as harsh as MN, but it can get pretty bad. Mainly in the higher elevation does it get really sketchy. An AWD Forester with a good set of all season will do you good in the Denver metro area. Colorado is a hit or miss on the snow season. I wouldn't drive the FR-S in the winter time here. People around here tend not to take care of their cars or look out after them. There are quite a lot of accidents that happen during the snow season here.

Since Colorado is at a higher elevation, the sun glare is a lot worse then normal. It gets really blinding when there is pure white snow on the ground. Just to let you know, Colorado is a bi polar weather state. One minute it'll be sunny, the next cloudy, the next snowing, then back to sunny all in a days time frame. You can literally get all 4 season in 1 day here. I drove around in my FR-S with some Blizzaks. It did ok until I hit a slight patch of ice, then the back end kicked out pretty easily. So, I just threw some sand bags in the trunk for some added traction.

There are some spots for black ice, so be careful with those. Watch out for potholes. Potholes are a bad thing around here. They only do a temporary fix to get by, but as soon as the plows come around, the patch gets pulled up again.
VietnamPhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VietnamPhenom For This Useful Post:
Chupacabra (08-28-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #40
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietnamPhenom View Post
Since Colorado is at a higher elevation, the sun glare is a lot worse then normal. It gets really blinding when there is pure white snow on the ground. Just to let you know, Colorado is a bi polar weather state. One minute it'll be sunny, the next cloudy, the next snowing, then back to sunny all in a days time frame. You can literally get all 4 season in 1 day here. .

I'll just bring my Forester along for the journey then. It seems like the best option for traction and the 'if' factor for accidents. I could part with my 15 yr old Forester vs my 1 yr old FR-S.

Thanks for all of the advice @VietnamPhenom !

Old 09-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #41
DIF

Drives: FR-S in Firestorm, Katzkin, alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
As Viet' said your Forrester would be an excellent winter car in Colorado. One thing you should know is they do not plow the way they do back east. Back east they start plowing as soon as any snow acumulates. Here they really only start to plow after it looks like it wont melt by noon the next day and by then you have a lot of inches of snow in the street. Then when they decide they will plow, they only the do the main streets and some of the secondaries. Most residential streets are left to melt or wear away. Which happens in a day or two, snow doesn't stay on the ground for weeks the way it does in the Midwest or East coast. But for those two days you can be in anything from a dry or fully plowed street to a foot of snow. Up in the mountains they aproach the problem much more like back east. Up there they start plowing early and keep the snow moving. The other big difference is there is a large percentage of people out here that don't believe they need snow tires. So they're driving like sphincters
and if you have snows you are a step or two ahead of the yin yangs.
DIF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DIF For This Useful Post:
chrisl (09-03-2013), Chupacabra (09-03-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #42
CNYBRZ

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited
Hey guys sorry just got to Denver two days ago. This place is amazing. Super excited to drive around and explore. Currently looking for an apartment around the greenwood village area, and just north of Hampden. Does anyone meet up around here? Wouldn't mind getting to know some fellow brz/frs/subie guys out here. My number is 315-744-2052. Feel free to text.
CNYBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote