follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List
finch1750, go_a_way1, undefindedt

Old 10-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #3053
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,846 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh damn.. Sounds like some amateur hour bs at it's finest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
I am so dmn bored at work right now. New position that was never a contract before so nothing is set up. Going on my second week and I still dont have a computer even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #3054
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
To add insult to injury, I can't get this song out of my head:
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlookedx View Post
Funny, me too. I was listening to that song a couple days ago and singing it in my head all day yesterday. I'm not gonna watch that video though cause I dont even want to know what kind of cheesy music video they come up with based off that song.

Today I have this stuck in my head/am currently listening to at work. Respect to anyone who has any idea who this band is or can listen to the whole song (not eveyone's cup o' tea)
Since we're talking about "song's stuck in my head", saw this late last night and couldn't stop hearing it in my head (with sections seamlessly fusing with the Weird Al version )
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCyvv8VJJMQ"]Gangsta's Paradise (Acoustic Cover)- Coolio ft Uclan Students - YouTube[/ame]

Is it weird that I find it hilarious that the room is full of white kids and that Coolio conducted that audience surprisingly well?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg"]"Weird" Al Yankovic - Amish Paradise - YouTube[/ame]
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #3055
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Since we're talking about "song's stuck in my head", saw this late last night and couldn't stop hearing it in my head (with sections seamlessly fusing with the Weird Al version )

Is it weird that I find it hilarious that the room is full of white kids and that Coolio conducted that audience surprisingly well?

I was singing the Wierd Al version when it came on at the mall the other day. Hahaha

But this is the Wierd Al song I always get stuck in my head
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-FIw8q6UsxI[/ame]

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #3056
Pwolf

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,380 Times in 560 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I am so dmn bored at work right now. New position that was never a contract before so nothing is set up. Going on my second week and I still dont have a computer even.
Two weeks and still no computer? wtf?

Unfortunately I've been busy all morning and my day is chugging. It's my Friday though, so I'm looking forward a 3-day weekend at least.
Pwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #3057
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwolf View Post
Two weeks and still no computer? wtf?

Unfortunately I've been busy all morning and my day is chugging. It's my Friday though, so I'm looking forward a 3-day weekend at least.
Yeah. It isn't helping that I got to move offices after a week here, which I'm sure didn't help. But why they couldn't get that done beforehand is beyond me.

3 Day weekend is nice. Thats another mess with this new county contract. I have this Monday off for Columbus day, but staff do not. Still trying to figure out if I need to come in since they cant conduct hearings without me present.

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
Old 10-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #3058
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Aw yeah, Enkei posted my pic on their official FB page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8546228&type=1

Quote:
I'm old and lazy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (10-10-2013), PMok (10-11-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #3059
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

NOW HEAR THIS, post pics of your Perrin intake install!

Quote:
they cant conduct hearings without me present.

Quote:
I'm old and lazy
Old 10-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #3060
Pwolf

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,380 Times in 560 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
3 Day weekend is nice. Thats another mess with this new county contract. I have this Monday off for Columbus day, but staff do not. Still trying to figure out if I need to come in since they cant conduct hearings without me present.
I get a 3 day weekend every two weeks, it's very nice Nice to have time on a business day to take care of things.
Pwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #3061
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwolf View Post
I get a 3 day weekend every two weeks, it's very nice Nice to have time on a business day to take care of things.
Damn. Sounds nice. Im just happy to have a job in my own city so Im not gone 14 hours of the day. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
NOW HEAR THIS, post pics of your Perrin intake install!
Haha. I was planning to black out my headlights this weekend actually. Still unsure of the Perrin since you have to remove the bumper to service the filter. Thats like once a year for me plus I want something carb legal. But the perrin has such good reviews Im torn. Haha.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #3062
Zen86
Run, Reach, Fly

Drives: Monogram Firestorm
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:

Haha. I was planning to black out my headlights this weekend actually. Still unsure of the Perrin since you have to remove the bumper to service the filter. Thats like once a year for me plus I want something carb legal. But the perrin has such good reviews Im torn. Haha.
Hmm, I'm in the market for an intake and was interested in the perrin one but didn't realize you had to remove the bumper to install and service. Guess it's aem or trd
Zen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zen86 For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #3063
phanguy

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen86 View Post
Hmm, I'm in the market for an intake and was interested in the perrin one but didn't realize you had to remove the bumper to install and service. Guess it's aem or trd
you know, i was about to bite the bullet on a trd intake as well, but after more reading and finding a thread on intake and filter comparisons, it's the best bang for your buck to just do a drop in filter. and i mean i was SET to get the trd intake too... now it may not look as good in your engine bay to stay stock, but there are other things you can do to class it up. you can make it pretty darn fancy with all the money you would spend on a trd intake at least! i know i will be. :P
phanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phanguy For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (10-10-2013), Zen86 (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #3064
ck-GT86

Drives: '13 Raven FR-S, MT
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Removing the bumper is cake, just have some patience and you can take it off in 15 min. Becomes a hassle though when you need to clean the filter, which is why I also didnt get a CAI.

Like @phanguy said, you can get similar results with a drop-in filter, minus the annoying suction sound of a ricey intake. I can tolerate the noise if our cars had more balls, but all the sound and no go is embarrassing.

I threw in the K&N drop-in, and will get a Mishimoto Induction Hose to clean up the engine bay, no need really to have the intake noise generator.

.ck
ck-GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ck-GT86 For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (10-10-2013), Zen86 (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #3065
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
TRD was always my first choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanguy View Post
you know, i was about to bite the bullet on a trd intake as well, but after more reading and finding a thread on intake and filter comparisons, it's the best bang for your buck to just do a drop in filter. and i mean i was SET to get the trd intake too... now it may not look as good in your engine bay to stay stock, but there are other things you can do to class it up. you can make it pretty darn fancy with all the money you would spend on a trd intake at least! i know i will be. :P
I have the Zeta drop in already. Im gonna go with the Vishnu OpenTablet so I may just talk to Shiv about what he thinks. I know he has tuned cars with the TRD before. Selling the Perrin and sticking to a drop in would get me half way to the opentab too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck-GT86 View Post
Removing the bumper is cake, just have some patience and you can take it off in 15 min. Becomes a hassle though when you need to clean the filter, which is why I also didnt get a CAI.

Like @phanguy said, you can get similar results with a drop-in filter, minus the annoying suction sound of a ricey intake. I can tolerate the noise if our cars had more balls, but all the sound and no go is embarrassing.

I threw in the K&N drop-in, and will get a Mishimoto Induction Hose to clean up the engine bay, no need really to have the intake noise generator.

.ck
Im more afraid my dumbass will break a clip to my sidemarker. Haha.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #3066
phanguy

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
TRD was always my first choice.

I have the Zeta drop in already. Im gonna go with the Vishnu OpenTablet so I may just talk to Shiv about what he thinks. I know he has tuned cars with the TRD before. Selling the Perrin and sticking to a drop in would get me half way to the opentab too...

Im more afraid my dumbass will break a clip to my sidemarker. Haha.
i just ordered a unichip the other day. hoping to get it up and running before the meet. also ordered a blitz drop in since, at least according to one thread, it had the best gains of all the drop ins they tested. hoping it's as great as what everyone has been saying.
phanguy is offline   Reply With Quote