follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-21-2020, 03:11 PM   #1
Voyce

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Understanding how to read Datalogs

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me understand how to read my datalog. As most people i'm following this thread to learn https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69871

This was taken on a 2020 86 AT with a trd intake and trd catback.

https://datazap.me/u/voyce/short-dri...g=0&data=1-7-8

According to the article I should be looking for the IAM (Ignition Advanced Multiplier) to look for knock in my engine. I believe I didn't select the right fields to log because I don't see an IAM in my log. Is that correct?

edit: I think I found the IAM, it's adv. multiplier but mine stays at 0. I don't think this is due to knock correction, I believe it's just incorrect logging from OFT, looking into this currently.

Moving on to Air Fuel Ratio

My AFR values look good according to the thread (No questions there)

I have the TRD air intake which from research on these forums has led me to believe that it scales similar to the stock air intake. Although from my logs it's evident I have moderately high LTFT which may be due to the intake or my fuel (93) has a higher ethanol content in it.

LTFT should be +/- 8% which around idle it is, but when moving it seems to spike upwards to 14, ideally, what do I want to see? A LFTF of 0? with spikes of +/-8%?

I am not concerned with MAF scaling just yet, because I have yet to flash OFT stage 1. I'll do datalogging again and hopefully be able to better read the logs to see if I need to do MAF scaling.

Last edited by Voyce; 09-21-2020 at 08:06 PM.
Voyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:16 PM   #2
BlOody_BoOger

Drives: Hot lava FRS Monogram Charizard
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyce View Post
Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me understand how to read my datalog. As most people i'm following this thread to learn https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69871

This was taken on a 2020 86 AT with a trd intake and trd catback.

https://datazap.me/u/voyce/short-dri...g=0&data=1-7-8

According to the article I should be looking for the IAM (Ignition Advanced Multiplier) to look for knock in my engine. I believe I didn't select the right fields to log because I don't see an IAM in my log. Is that correct?

Moving on to Air Fuel Ratio

My AFR values look good according to the thread (No questions there)

I have the TRD air intake which from research on these forums has led me to believe that it scales similar to the stock air intake. Although from my logs it's evident I have moderately high LTFT which may be due to the intake or my fuel (93) has a higher ethanol content in it.

LTFT should be +/- 8% which around idle it is, but when moving it seems to spike upwards to 14, ideally, what do I want to see? A LFTF of 0? with spikes of +/-8%?

I am not concerned with MAF scaling just yet, because I have yet to flash OFT stage 1. I'll do datalogging again and hopefully be able to better read the logs to see if I need to do MAF scaling.

Talk to at @steve99 he is the tuning guru....
I would say you should allow at least 50 miles for. Ltft to stabilize. Your afr under idle should be around 14.7 and as long as the maf sensor sits in the same spot as stock location mad scaling shouldn't be too off. Your advance multiplier should stay at 1.0 if it drops the car is pulling timing. But talk to Steve lol I'm only saying what I've learned from him. Also if you're not boosting switch that one for advance multiplier. When you're selecting channels you can scroll up and down you should find it.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
BlOody_BoOger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:35 PM   #3
Voyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlOody_BoOger View Post
Talk to at @steve99 he is the tuning guru....
I would say you should allow at least 50 miles for. Ltft to stabilize. Your afr under idle should be around 14.7 and as long as the maf sensor sits in the same spot as stock location mad scaling shouldn't be too off. Your advance multiplier should stay at 1.0 if it drops the car is pulling timing. But talk to Steve lol I'm only saying what I've learned from him. Also if you're not boosting switch that one for advance multiplier. When you're selecting channels you can scroll up and down you should find it.

Yeah i've read that after each flash/refuel it takes a bit for Ltft to stabilize. This datalog is on the stock tune (I have yet to flash anything) with 93 and has been running it for over 50 miles.

I also have learned quite a lot from Steve
Old 09-21-2020, 03:36 PM   #4
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Yeah i've read that after each flash/refuel it takes a bit for Ltft to stabilize. This datalog is on the stock tune (I have yet to flash anything) with 93 and has been running it for over 50 miles.

I also have learned quite a lot from Steve
Lol he's the best, he's currently working on my custom tune.

Old 09-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #5
Voyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlOody_BoOger View Post
Lol he's the best, he's currently working on my custom tune.

Agreed!
No doubt about that, this community has some incredibly intelligent and passionate people.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:41 PM   #6
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Agreed!

No doubt about that, this community has some incredibly intelligent and passionate people.
Lol and he's been really patient with me because I've switched up my setup on him like 3 times just trying to squeeze out the the most I can.

Old 09-22-2020, 06:26 AM   #7
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show....php?p=1842501
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #8
Voyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
I read through the thread and it’s replies this time and got all my questions answered, thank you!

Tags
datalog