follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-23-2018, 07:47 AM   #15
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jRuN View Post
Are the older tunes available to download still? I just got my OFT so the tunes i received from them are the v4.03 versions. I have been driving it for a couple days now and a couple things for me.

1. I most definitely have the throttle deadspot .. feels like i can push the pedal in a half inch or so before any throttle input is registered.

2. I took a datalog.. i pressed record and rev'd out 3rd gear from about 3k RPM all the way to redline and then let off. In the log.. the throttle input only reached 96% and actually kind of tapered off towards the end of the rpm range. I found this to be a little odd.. I will be trying to do another log tomorrow to see if i get the same result.

3. I'm not sure about this "quiet idle" you guys are talking about? When i cold start .. the engine rev's up to a higher rpm.. and then after 30 secs or so drops down to 700ish rpm. What is the quiet start RPM you guys are seeing on cold start?

4. Speaking of idles.. idle was pretty solid the first day but i've actually noticed today that mine is now bouncing around a little bit while at stop lights.. it will drop and then almost stutter a little bit and then bounce up higher.. and settle back at 700.. and then repeat that. A/C is ON btw.. (live in FL)

So.. that's kinda my situation.. not sure what's up.. gonna keep driving and logging and experimenting i guess.. but i've done no modifications to the tune.. just straight from OFT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freerunner View Post
Had the same problem here. Idle is too lean. Can't be resolved via maf scaling, though. One possibility is to edit the front o2 sensor scaling. There are probably other tables to correct these conditions but I haven't dug into it yet.

Check you dont have exhast leaks you usually get high positive ltft at idle

Check intake leaks you want to see boost parameter at about -9 psi ie vaccuum at idle or about 0.3 bar, think oft works in psi and measires 0 boost at atmospheric pressure ie 1 bar 14 psi. But i think oft boost parameter is reliative to atmospheric not absolute

If all good then try running full di injection at idle loads ie put zero in the 0.2 and 0.3 load columns in the thre di\di ratio tables

Still no good alter the idle conpensation tables this determines how much advance\retard is used to control idle speed thtese tables are defined
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:25 AM   #16
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freerunner View Post
Had the same problem here. Idle is too lean. Can't be resolved via maf scaling, though. One possibility is to edit the front o2 sensor scaling. There are probably other tables to correct these conditions but I haven't dug into it yet.
You could try enriching the CL fuel table at idle loads.....

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #17
Tor

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
You could try enriching the CL fuel table at idle loads.....
Or add fuel through the Engine load compensation table. It idles in 0.2 and 0.3 bar.
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:21 AM   #18
Kodename47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
Or add fuel through the Engine load compensation table. It idles in 0.2 and 0.3 bar.
It would closed loop that out

Kodename 47 DJ:
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
tomm.brz (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 10:50 PM   #19
jRuN

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Check you dont have exhast leaks you usually get high positive ltft at idle

Check intake leaks you want to see boost parameter at about -9 psi ie vaccuum at idle or about 0.3 bar, think oft works in psi and measires 0 boost at atmospheric pressure ie 1 bar 14 psi. But i think oft boost parameter is reliative to atmospheric not absolute

If all good then try running full di injection at idle loads ie put zero in the 0.2 and 0.3 load columns in the thre di\di ratio tables

Still no good alter the idle conpensation tables this determines how much advance\retard is used to control idle speed thtese tables are defined

Here's a log i captured while my idle was bouncing around. What does your expert eyes see here ??

https://datazap.me/u/junnever/log-15...data=1-9-10-11
jRuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:31 AM   #20
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Here's a log i captured while my idle was bouncing around. What does your expert eyes see here ??

https://datazap.me/u/junnever/log-15...data=1-9-10-11

looks like ecu is compensating for something using ignition advance

log boost it will show manifold pressure/vaccuum

is air conditioning or defrost or defog on as that will cause idle fluctuations

what mods do you have ? intake or catchcans or anything else

do you have any aftermarket electrical stuff like headlights ?
Old 08-25-2018, 08:15 AM   #21
jRuN

Drives: BRZ
A/C is ON. Bone stock other than Valenti tail lights.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
jRuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #22
Tor

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
It would closed loop that out
If it's running lean, I suppose it was meant that it runs off target AFR? Didn't have the problem, so can't say if it will help. But it might be worth a try.
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #23
Kodename47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
If it's running lean, I suppose it was meant that it runs off target AFR? Didn't have the problem, so can't say if it will help. But it might be worth a try.
Seems that some setups like a little enriching at idle. It isn't this platform specific. Certainly stopped mine from bogging.

Kodename 47 DJ:
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
Tor (08-25-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 09:52 PM   #24
steve99
Banned

Quote:
A/C is ON. Bone stock other than Valenti tail lights.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

A/C represents a reasnoble load on small engine ,

try bumping base idle setting up by 50 or 100 rpm
Old 10-21-2018, 10:45 PM   #25
Viper8

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So I finally flashed the new Stg-2-plus-v4.03 tune (I was running the OFH v1 tune prior) to see if I could feel any differences. After giving the car about a week to settle into the new tune, I noticed more throttle lag than previous, and the car seemed less responsive at all throttle ranges. I logged a few 3rd gear pulls and noticed am at 0.7 with minor flkc corrections.

This worried me at first that significant knocking was initiating an am drop from 1.0 to 0.7. I finally sat down and decided to delve into the differences between the OFH v1 tune and the new Stg-2-plus-v4.03 tune and here's the highlights...

284 same tables
19 changed tables
38 new tables

As for the changed tables, the significant differences to the v4 tune include:
Initial am at 0.7 vs 1.0 (causing the laggy feeling)
Base timing b table timing reductions above a load of 0.7 and 3700rpm
Start-up idle speeds were decreased
A/F learning limits were narrowed down

Overall, it appears the new tune is more a more conservative replacement. I miss the response so I plan to adjust the initial am back to 1.0, make a few other minor updates, and do some logging.
Viper8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #26
BOND007_LTK

Drives: 2013 brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper8 View Post
So I finally flashed the new Stg-2-plus-v4.03 tune (I was running the OFH v1 tune prior) to see if I could feel any differences. After giving the car about a week to settle into the new tune, I noticed more throttle lag than previous, and the car seemed less responsive at all throttle ranges. I logged a few 3rd gear pulls and noticed am at 0.7 with minor flkc corrections.

This worried me at first that significant knocking was initiating an am drop from 1.0 to 0.7. I finally sat down and decided to delve into the differences between the OFH v1 tune and the new Stg-2-plus-v4.03 tune and here's the highlights...

284 same tables
19 changed tables
38 new tables

As for the changed tables, the significant differences to the v4 tune include:
Initial am at 0.7 vs 1.0 (causing the laggy feeling)
Base timing b table timing reductions above a load of 0.7 and 3700rpm
Start-up idle speeds were decreased
A/F learning limits were narrowed down

Overall, it appears the new tune is more a more conservative replacement. I miss the response so I plan to adjust the initial am back to 1.0, make a few other minor updates, and do some logging.
Please do let us know your quest to tune to 1.0 IAM.

There was quite a length discussion around here on the forum for why it was set to 0.7 and not 1.0 and lots of flaming.

After driving for quite some time with all the different tunes, it makes sense that IAM should be at 1.0. The whole point of tuning is to make the car perform (fairly generally speaking) to the max of its potential. It's not difficult to consistently get the same octane of gas, let alone the same brand name too.

If it were 0.9 IAM, I understand, but there's no differentiation in 91 and 93 octane with the newest tune.

Anyone have mapping for 93 octane gas for the latest OFT tunes?
BOND007_LTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:00 PM   #27
Viper8

Drives: Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOND007_LTK View Post
Sure thing. I flashed the customized v4 tune (including IAM back to 1.0) yesterday. I'll post impressions and logs after the new tune settles in in a week or two.
Viper8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:40 AM   #28
Mr_Eyo

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOND007_LTK View Post

There was quite a length discussion around here on the forum for why it was set to 0.7 and not 1.0 and lots of flaming.

After driving for quite some time with all the different tunes, it makes sense that IAM should be at 1.0. The whole point of tuning is to make the car perform (fairly generally speaking) to the max of its potential. It's not difficult to consistently get the same octane of gas, let alone the same brand name too.

If it were 0.9 IAM, I understand, but there's no differentiation in 91 and 93 octane with the newest tune.
Not OP here.

I set my IAM to 1.0 and had to pull about 3 deg out of the OTS Stg1 v4.03 tune base timing table B at high load around 4800 rpm. Been compketely knock free and don't have that dead pedal feel. I only use California 91 from Valero (also elimnates crickets!).
Mr_Eyo is offline   Reply With Quote