follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #85
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSpdDmn

I think what would be most appropriate would be to leave the names of other vendors out of your posts for your product. Maybe refer to them as "others" or "some vendors". Tout all of the benefits of YOUR product and give your consumers the tools to educate themselves. Leave it to us to go ask XYZ vendor if their product has the same features that you told us all about in yours.

Cheers,
You do realize this IS a X Vs. Y Thread about the two vendors right and hence the direct naming of each other's work ?

Read the title.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #86
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
@Jason@Nameless

THANK YOU. You have just opened my eyes BIG TIME. For real, you just turned a light switch on inside my brain. I was being naive on some topics here because I have been out of the loop of car tuning for about 8 years, and was not up to speed as to how is the game being played right now. I now KNOW what I am looking for. Thank you for the transparency.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
blu_ (07-31-2012), Dave-ROR (08-01-2012), Jason@Nameless (08-01-2012)
Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #87
FRSpdDmn

Drives: 128i, Z3 Coupe, Fiero GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy83 View Post
You do realize this IS a X Vs. Y Thread about the two vendors right and hence the direct naming of each other's work ?

Read the title.
I do. It was more of a general comment, but it stands for this thread. My suggestion was that he tout his own product and leave it at that, rather than calling the other guy out. It's only my suggestion, since it seemed that Jason was asking for opinions.
2012 NASA SpecE30 National Champion
www.DriveFasterNow.com
FRSpdDmn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSpdDmn For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (08-01-2012)
Old 08-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #88
vividracing

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,065 Times in 617 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Holy cow i have a lot of catching up to do on this forum.

Ill just start with one of the first posts i read.

Our cross over pipe is made here in house... Gilbert, Arizona, USA
Its a pipe that follows the stock routing i dont know how many different ways you can make it?

We did the slip fit for ease of installation.

I actually was standing back there when our lead fab guy was mocking the pipe up... call me crazy... but the second day the car was even released. I dont get how we would have copied someone in that time. I have a photo on my Facebook from may 9th showing the guys working on it.

And here is our dyno gain with only the midpipe.
108 degrees outside with 91 octane no other mods

vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #89
Fast_Freddy

Drives: Passat
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
BUMP!

Fast_Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:37 AM   #90
FR-Sizzle

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
Holy cow i have a lot of catching up to do on this forum.

Ill just start with one of the first posts i read.

Our cross over pipe is made here in house... Gilbert, Arizona, USA
Its a pipe that follows the stock routing i dont know how many different ways you can make it?

We did the slip fit for ease of installation.

I actually was standing back there when our lead fab guy was mocking the pipe up... call me crazy... but the second day the car was even released. I dont get how we would have copied someone in that time. I have a photo on my Facebook from may 9th showing the guys working on it. For all we know it could just be them testing out a product they stole/copied a design from another vendor

And here is our dyno gain with only the midpipe.
108 degrees outside with 91 octane no other mods

Lol way to bump an old thread -__-

Funny how @vividracing is nowhere to be seen anywhere near the threads about there faulty fitment and BS gains, once they got exposed by multiple customers doing dyno's on there exhaust that show nothing like the dyno's they did. They never did post a picture of their welds after Jason called them out. Instead they post a picture of a car raised up which could be a number of different things, and it doesnt prove anything other than they have a car being worked on. For all we know it could just be them test fitting an exhaust that they copied/stole the design from someone else xD

And to say they are made in the USA is just funny. Google Agency Power Nasioc knock off

Results for threads where tons of people talk about them copying other peoples products. Stay away from Vivid/AP. People tried to warn potential customers on these forums and some didnt listen and payed the price for it. If I remember correctly a lot of people had a ton of trouble with Vivid/AP when it came to shipping products that werent in there name. I remember reading from another forum that lots of people who ordered from them if it was just a part that was from another company like Greddy for example they wouldnt get it for months and would need to do charge backs or hassle the shit out of them.
FR-Sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #91
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sizzle View Post
And to say they are made in the USA is just funny. Google Agency Power Nasioc knock off
You can just look at Agency Power's own website to find out that they don't make their own parts. Its in writing right there.

http://www.agency-power.com/catalog/...ID=24&CDpath=0

"A large part of what Agency Power produces is with performance exhaust components. Agency Power does not buy off the shelf Chinese exhaust systems like other brands. Agency Power actually prototypes the exhausts here in Arizona using our own or customer vehicles. We then test them on our Mustang AWD Dyno and make changes to achieve the best sound and performance we can get. Our exhaust prototypes are then shipped overseas to be made in large quantity. The reason for this is because of the quality, finish, and cost to produce the item overseas is far better then here in the USA. The stainless steel TIG welding is all robotic and all our exhaust systems feature completely polished piping. We have even introduced titanium mufflers and tips to certain vehicles. The Agency Power exhaust line is the only product that is not manufactured in the USA."

pretty black and white and funny as fuck that Vivid would say they make their own parts in the USA and yet fully admit to the world that they dont as I do believe this part in question is a exhaust coomponent.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #92
Tainen

Drives: First SWP BRZ-L
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sizzle View Post
Lol way to bump an old thread -__-

Funny how @vividracing is nowhere to be seen anywhere near the threads about there faulty fitment and BS gains, once they got exposed by multiple customers doing dyno's on there exhaust that show nothing like the dyno's they did. They never did post a picture of their welds after Jason called them out. Instead they post a picture of a car raised up which could be a number of different things, and it doesnt prove anything other than they have a car being worked on. For all we know it could just be them test fitting an exhaust that they copied/stole the design from someone else xD

Results for threads where tons of people talk about them copying other peoples products. Stay away from Vivid/AP. People tried to warn potential customers on these forums and some didnt listen and payed the price for it. If I remember correctly a lot of people had a ton of trouble with Vivid/AP when it came to shipping products that werent in there name. I remember reading from another forum that lots of people who ordered from them if it was just a part that was from another company like Greddy for example they wouldnt get it for months and would need to do charge backs or hassle the shit out of them.

I was a little bit disappointed that the mods defended Vivid and let them spout their BS for so long(in other threads, like their dyno threads). It cost a lot of different people a lot of money, sadly, on worthless exhaust parts that broke apart with less than 1k miles, had drone, and just about zero warranty support. For about the same cost as the hand built good stuff.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #93
itdansharpe

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
*Cough*

I love my Nameless exhaust, just waiting for a mid-pipe to complete the system!

*Cough*
New: 2014 6MT Asphalt Rota Titan 17x9, RS-3 V2, Skunk2 Pro-C, Eibach Sway Bars, Password:JDM Strut Tower Bar, Perrin MCB, StopTech Stainless Lines, Hawk HP+, Nameless 3" Exhaust, VG Sharkfin, FIVE:AD Spoiler, DDM Tuning HID's 5k, HID
Old: 2013 6AT Boosted Firestorm..
itdansharpe is offline   Reply With Quote