follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 09-16-2018, 01:35 AM   #1
Turbo

Drives: FR-S Turbo
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Boost controllers & fixing high RPM power dip

Hey guys-

Attached is a dynapak dyno plot of my boosted FR-S.

The car is currently running without any kind of electronic boost controller. TheTiAL style 32mm wastegate (that dumps to atmosphere) is just running with a 6psi spring.

Looking at the plot, I'm not reaching full boost until about 4,500RPM. Any idea how much this will improve with an EBC? And are all EBCs created equal? I believe I'm running a T3 6063 ball bearing turbo.

My car has an ECUtek flash, so I presume the ECU could be programmed to run the EBC when I have it re-tuned? Which one would you guys recommend?

My second question is - what mods could be done (before my re-tune) to eliminate (or minimize) the HP dip that occurs after 6,750RPM?

Is this something a throttle body spacer, larger throttle body or intake spacer like the Crawford powerblocks would help with?

Any other (relatively cost effective) mods you guys would recommend looking at before having a re-tune done?
Attached Images

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote