follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 10-10-2020, 02:07 PM   #11019
BlOody_BoOger

Drives: Hot lava FRS Monogram Charizard
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank1972 View Post
Impressive, and this is on pump gas? The real thing here is to develop/refine the foundation technology and start adapting it to other cars, that's where this could really take off. Looking at that dyno curve, if running on pump, it would give those Sprintex units a serious run for their money as is, as well as my Vortech kit (which is sot of the inverse of your curve ).
No no it's on e85 it would be amazing if this was pump. I'm thinking on pump it would make like 210/180 max. I have a buddy with a jrsc he's roughly pushing out 7psi and he too is on an e85 tune so pretty soon I'll be posting a comparison video. Of course he has more potential cuz he can get the high post pulley and make well over 300whp. But this is more fair because both systems are making about the same psi

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
BlOody_BoOger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 04:22 PM   #11020
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlOody_BoOger View Post
No no it's on e85 it would be amazing if this was pump. I'm thinking on pump it would make like 210/180 max. I have a buddy with a jrsc he's roughly pushing out 7psi and he too is on an e85 tune so pretty soon I'll be posting a comparison video. Of course he has more potential cuz he can get the high post pulley and make well over 300whp. But this is more fair because both systems are making about the same psi

Ok, still pretty impressive. You might give him a challenge with that torque curve...
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 04:44 PM   #11021
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank1972 View Post
Ok, still pretty impressive. You might give him a challenge with that torque curve...
Yea I'm thinking that as well here is his dyno numbers he might be making a lil more than what it says here since this was a mustang dyno and those are known for being slightly lowe. Blue line is 91 and red is E70 tune

Old 10-15-2020, 11:58 AM   #11022
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post
I have seen these before, but 99% of all those are still driven via a PWM signal on the connector. What i like though is that is very very easy for me to send the right signal. What im thinking is

1, Get either off the shelf SEC that can handle the power (150A-200A)
2, create a board that connects to canbus ( il read the gas pedal to make a custom map so ramp up after 70% or something like that)
3, Control two relays to be able to shut off the charger while car is boosting and to turn off SEC when the car if completely off.

Only thing im missing now is a actual compressor/motor unit. And get myself OFT or something to flash my car to start testing out somethings. IF i get a good deal with a compressor il be able to speed up some prototyping.

To make something completely standalone i do need to figure out the 12v to 24v booster that can handle charging the dump pack at a decent rate.

As for PSI, im best assumption it had to do with the RPM of the motor, More RPM more psi.. and to get the max RPM what's needed is more voltage on the battery side (not necessarily more amps), so either 3 batteries in series, or perhaps li-ion cells in certain configuration to boost the RPM on the right psi needed to maintain high boost to redline.
if you build controller, i am in for one since i needed one.
or buy my whole unit.
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 06:10 PM   #11023
BlOody_BoOger

@

Old 11-01-2020, 12:35 PM   #11024
zc06_kisstherain

Garage
is it possible that only pedal switch can be burned? i found same switch online and give a try to swap out
Old 11-01-2020, 12:58 PM   #11025
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
is it possible that only pedal switch can be burned? i found same switch online and give a try to swap out
You could try I would if it's not cheap. Talk to @Legend_FR-S he might have an extra switch

Old 11-01-2020, 01:24 PM   #11026
BlOody_BoOger

Here's quick comparison with two modified fiestas. The first one (grey) is on boltons and stock modified BOV. The second one (orange) is on full boltons, fuel pump, built stock turbo on e30 pushing roughly ~315/305

The Following User Says Thank You to BlOody_BoOger For This Useful Post:
zc06_kisstherain (11-03-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 08:29 PM   #11027
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Drives: 2014 BRZ Dark Gray Metallic
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post
unfortunately this the way this is bodged together its still very very hard to actually trace everything out. and their can be like any of one of the systems can fail and none of it will work. Most likely i would toss most of the guts of this thing away. But trying to find a easy way to either improve the existing design with some replacement parts. Or just doing a complete replacement of everything. and most likely i will canbus enable this thing though. to get the gas pedal position and some minor other things that can be useful that the car can show us.
I have a similar issue as zc06. Controller stopped sending electricity from battery array to the impeller motor.
I don't need the money, but I would like a working electric system again. I'm willing to let you borrow the ESC I have for prototyping if you would like. I also have two Odyssey PC680 that are a few years old but probably a bitch to ship.
Let me know if you're interested

Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:38 PM   #11028
zc06_kisstherain

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
I have a similar issue as zc06. Controller stopped sending electricity from battery array to the impeller motor.

I don't need the money, but I would like a working electric system again. I'm willing to let you borrow the ESC I have for prototyping if you would like. I also have two Odyssey PC680 that are a few years old but probably a bitch to ship.

Oh boy...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2020, 08:42 PM   #11029
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:

Have you tried replacing the dump batteries to to rule that out

Old 11-04-2020, 08:57 PM   #11030
zc06_kisstherain

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlOody_BoOger View Post
Have you tried replacing the dump batteries to to rule that out

or check voltage meter.

my voltage works but number doesnt move even switch is engaged.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:33 PM   #11031
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Drives: 2014 BRZ Dark Gray Metallic
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
or check voltage meter.

my voltage works but number doesnt move even switch is engaged.
yeah i've already tried it all. Voltage works fine. Already tried different batteries That pic is an old pic, i'm not using the ESC at all right now. Back to NA
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 03:00 PM   #11032
zc06_kisstherain

Garage
Quote:
yeah i've already tried it all. Voltage works fine. Already tried different batteries That pic is an old pic, i'm not using the ESC at all right now. Back to NA
I also uninstalled mine but want to use it again for sure if someone can fix mine

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive