follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 06-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #141
Klinn

Drives: '20 Pure Red BRZ, '20 Torch Red C8
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGeo View Post
so the Scion manager at Tony Graham told me Mendes has an AT demo car. anyone know what colour? other posts say Bel-Air has a White AT demo but i have seen white in person already. i really need to see blue!!
Sorry, the Mendes' demo is a black AT unit, not blue.
Klinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #142
Slick

Drives: FR-S Firestorm 6MT
Thanked 1,389 Times in 628 Posts
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I thought I read that the Mendes demo is Raven. TG is Asphalt, and yeah Bel-Air is Whiteout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGeo View Post
so the Scion manager at Tony Graham told me Mendes has an AT demo car. anyone know what colour?
other posts say Bel-Air has a White AT demo but i have seen white in person already.

i really need to see blue!!
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #143
RS2

Drives: 2005 Jetta tdi
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi, Ive been creeping this forum and this thread espicially for a little while... Decide its time to create my account!

All I have to say is im jealous that some of you already have you car!!!!

For now im still one BRZ side of the Fence but... ( Im all for the goodies ) That white or red FR-S is pure
sex...

I dont understand how scion already got some, while last time i talk to a sales persone for subaru he told me that they would get there demo around july...

im still in the saving period so i have nothing offical

But hopefully in 3-4months i get more serious about acquiring a BRZ/FR-S if they have any left!

Anyways Congrat at everyone that has they car get wait too see them at meets!

p.s i know my english write is pretty bad so try to be gentil with me...
RS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #144
Klinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS2 View Post
Hi, Ive been creeping this forum and this thread espicially for a little while... Decide its time to create my account!

I dont understand how scion already got some, while last time i talk to a sales person for subaru he told me that they would get there demo around july...
Welcome aboard! From what I've read, Toyota put up the bulk of the money to develop the car, so in exchange they got a larger proportion of the cars being built, and earlier too.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #145
Deathreaper

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello, much like RS2 I have been creeping for a couple of months.

I finally decided to order the FRS from Tony Graham a few weeks back. The next batch of orders will be placed on June 11th and should be in by late June or mid July according to my sales rep. I also test drove the FRS this week and I can say that I am very impressed!
Deathreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #146
Pbrown

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Thanked 1,322 Times in 658 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
6 days

in with the car and having a blast.

Stock sound system is very good.

The car is quick (not off the line fast) and pulls very nicely in 3rd and 4th gears. 4600 RPM seems to be the lets get serious about acceleration point. Have gone as high as 6000 rpm a couple of times.

Exremely, extremely agile. Actually find myself increasing speed through corners instead of normally slowing down which has freaked a couple of my friends out.

Gas mileage is good. I am averaging 9.6L per 100 km all city driving so far.

Easily the most fun I have had driving a vehicle.

Have to say the WTF is that look never gets old. Very amusing indeed.

Any news on when you are getting your vehicles? I can't wait to see the other colours. Tried to see the ashpalt at Tony Grahams yesterday but it wasn't around.
Pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #147
WS12888

Drives: FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown View Post

Any news on when you are getting your vehicles? I can't wait to see the other colours. Tried to see the ashpalt at Tony Grahams yesterday but it wasn't around.

Still waiting for call from mendes....
Old 06-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #148
Klinn

Sadly, I am still waiting for any word from Mendes too. WS12888, I ordered a red one too, manual transmission in my case. How about you?
Old 06-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #149
WS12888

Drives: FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinn View Post
Sadly, I am still waiting for any word from Mendes too. WS12888, I ordered a red one too, manual transmission in my case. How about you?
Manual too....
Old 06-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #150
Slick

Sounds awesome Paul, glad you are enjoying it.

Hoping to hear soon about delivery date. Early last week it was on rail to Toronto. Can't wait to see the Firestorm in person again (only time I saw it was at Toronto Auto Show).

Quote:
in with the car and having a blast.

Stock sound system is very good.

The car is quick (not off the line fast) and pulls very nicely in 3rd and 4th gears. 4600 RPM seems to be the lets get serious about acceleration point. Have gone as high as 6000 rpm a couple of times.

Exremely, extremely agile. Actually find myself increasing speed through corners instead of normally slowing down which has freaked a couple of my friends out.

Gas mileage is good. I am averaging 9.6L per 100 km all city driving so far.

Easily the most fun I have had driving a vehicle.

Have to say the WTF is that look never gets old. Very amusing indeed.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #151
Klinn

Quote:
I will be playing golf at Calabogie this weekend just so I can have fun on the drive up and back.
There are some great roads around there, you'll have a lot of fun. Just watch out for all the sport bikes that are out there enjoying the same roads!

Thanks for your early impressions, you too Norm, it helps pass the time until mine arrives.

I wonder if Toyota misjudged the projected split between automatics and manual transmissions and sent over too many autos? Of all the Ottawa people who have posted in this thread or who I've met at the dealerships, it seems like the vast majority ordered manuals.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #152
Pbrown

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Thanked 1,322 Times in 658 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinn View Post
There are some great roads around there, you'll have a lot of fun. Just watch out for all the sport bikes that are out there enjoying the same roads!

Thanks for your early impressions, you too Norm, it helps pass the time until mine arrives.

I wonder if Toyota misjudged the projected split between automatics and manual transmissions and sent over too many autos? Of all the Ottawa people who have posted in this thread or who I've met at the dealerships, it seems like the vast majority ordered manuals.
I should have mentioned this sooner and don't hold me to this, but when I picked up my car last Tuesday. I got the impression that the cars were very difficult to come by. True to his word my car did come in with the demo. I did ask when yours was coming in and he indicated that he was not expecting the next one (yours) to arrive until June 18. Hopefully it,and a couple more show up around then.
Pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #153
Slick

Yeah, I was looking to post to find out if anyone had heard about the next batch of cars. Mine was shown as "on rail to Toronto" early last week, but with no idea of when it was loaded on the train (could have been loaded that day or the previous week, not sure).

Waiting to hear from my rep at Bel-Air shortly for the latest update. Kinda surprised that no other cars have arrived since the initial deliveries.

Mine is a manual, but it was initially ordered that way from the dealer, so I was able to have that car allocated to me. Apparently, there were 2 FRS on rail (mine and another guy with a french name), others after that were still showing at port. This is as of last week.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #154
Klinn

Quote:
I should have mentioned this sooner and don't hold me to this, but when I picked up my car last Tuesday. I got the impression that the cars were very difficult to come by. True to his word my car did come in with the demo. I did ask when yours was coming in and he indicated that he was not expecting the next one (yours) to arrive until June 18. Hopefully it,and a couple more show up around then.
The news I got just this morning from Mendes is that my car was on the train sometime last Thursday, en route to Toronto where they'll add the stereo upgrade, and then by truck to Ottawa.

So my current expectation is not this week but next, which ties into what you were told.

Oh well, another week of vicariously living through other folks' posts.