follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-10-2020, 07:48 PM   #1
airrick

Drives: TRD R.S. 1.0 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EBCS disabled after wideband wiring?

Car is turbo-ed with Works stage 2 turbo kit. Has a Ptuning EBSC was working great before i did all the wiring for my wideband for ecutek to log it.

It seems like after i wired the WB into my evap signal the boost controller either has been disable or doesnt work because i haven't seen boost over ~7psi (wastegate pressure). i have maps thats good for 8 and 10 psi.

First time with the WB wired up to ecutek, it posted CEL P0452, P1449, P0453. These were later disabled in the tune by the tuner and now it post P0451 intermittently. Got another tuned with it disabled. will report if that fixed my issues. Has anyone got any of these issues or have any ideas for solutions?
More than likely ill just undo all my wiring since its messing with an important piece of my setup.

any help would be appreciated.
airrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:18 AM   #2
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by airrick View Post
Car is turbo-ed with Works stage 2 turbo kit. Has a Ptuning EBSC was working great before i did all the wiring for my wideband for ecutek to log it.

It seems like after i wired the WB into my evap signal the boost controller either has been disable or doesnt work because i haven't seen boost over ~7psi (wastegate pressure). i have maps thats good for 8 and 10 psi.

First time with the WB wired up to ecutek, it posted CEL P0452, P1449, P0453. These were later disabled in the tune by the tuner and now it post P0451 intermittently. Got another tuned with it disabled. will report if that fixed my issues. Has anyone got any of these issues or have any ideas for solutions?
More than likely ill just undo all my wiring since its messing with an important piece of my setup.

any help would be appreciated.
I'd probably recommend undoing it and connecting the wideband into the O2 sensor input instead. PTuning EBCS uses the EVAP wiring to work (from what I can see in the install manual), and for Ecutek, it uses the EVAP/CPC signal to control boost IIRC. When tapped into the EVAP signal and attempt to use it for wideband reading, you essentially disabled your ebcs. All the CEL codes that popped up were for your EVAP (or in this case, probably the connection to your ebcs). Ecutek has an option to use the rear O2 sensor as an input for wideband instead of the EVAP/CPC signal IIRC.

Might also want to try putting this in the forced induction section.

If anyone else thinks I am wrong, please correct with proper info.
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
airrick

Drives: TRD R.S. 1.0 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach415 View Post
I'd probably recommend undoing it and connecting the wideband into the O2 sensor input instead. PTuning EBCS uses the EVAP wiring to work (from what I can see in the install manual), and for Ecutek, it uses the EVAP/CPC signal to control boost IIRC. When tapped into the EVAP signal and attempt to use it for wideband reading, you essentially disabled your ebcs. All the CEL codes that popped up were for your EVAP (or in this case, probably the connection to your ebcs). Ecutek has an option to use the rear O2 sensor as an input for wideband instead of the EVAP/CPC signal IIRC.

Might also want to try putting this in the forced induction section.

If anyone else thinks I am wrong, please correct with proper info.

Turns out it was just the tune. Wiring was fine, i did double check them. I think my tuner re-scaled the maps. Everything is working fine. Wideband and ecutek logs are pretty dead on now.
airrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to airrick For This Useful Post:
Bach415 (08-17-2020)