follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2020, 01:36 AM   #1
Jaaared

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Eibach Sportlines / Wheel set-up to close gap?

Hi guys, new to forums and tried searching for a setup with the eibach sportlines with a wheel set-up to close the gap (if there are any). Thanks!
Jaaared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 06:35 AM   #2
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,164 Times in 3,461 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaared View Post
Hi guys, new to forums and tried searching for a setup with the eibach sportlines with a wheel set-up to close the gap (if there are any). Thanks!
I have them on my car, they come in a standard drop, however I do recommend a wheel alignment and camber bolts up front.. make a big difference...
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 06:46 AM   #3
JD001

My car sitting on Eibach Sport lines.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
Busybee (04-17-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 04:54 PM   #4
Jaaared

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
I have them on my car, they come in a standard drop, however I do recommend a wheel alignment and camber bolts up front.. make a big difference...
Car looks great!! will definitely try that out, much appreciated!
Jaaared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #5
Busybee

Drives: BRZ limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I read several topics here on the Eibach sport line and pro kits.

I DD my car and that’s all. I just want to lower the car a little. I have 24K on my 1 year old Brz (90% highway).
Is the sport line or the pro kit more suitable with the stock struts ? (Meanwhile is it worth to get the plus for both of the kits?) Another option might be the Tein Flex A or Z coil overs. What I don’t want is to play with the settings. I just want a straight forward install without dealing with camber or LCA ( which I do not understand what they are for).

Is there any one that I can discuss these ? Will also appreciate if I can discuss some details.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazda 323F BA 1997 - Overseas
Mazda 323 BG 1994 - Sold
Mazda 323 BG 1991 - Sold
Busybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:33 AM   #6
JD001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busybee View Post

I DD my car and that’s all. I just want to lower the car a little. I have 24K on my 1 year old Brz (90% highway).
Is the sport line or the pro kit more suitable with the stock struts ? (Meanwhile is it worth to get the plus for both of the kits?) Another option might be the Tein Flex A or Z coil overs. What I don’t want is to play with the settings. I just want a straight forward install without dealing with camber or LCA ( which I do not understand what they are for).

Is there any one that I can discuss these ? Will also appreciate if I can discuss some details.

Thanks

I have the stock dampers, so far no issues.. there are others on the Forum who have the same setup but done greater mileage..
Busybee (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 10:49 AM   #7
Vital

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks

If you want to lower just a little than lowering about 1" is perfect for daily driving. I would suggest RCE Yellows or Eibach Pro-Kit. The Sportlines lower more than 1" and not exactly suitable for the stock struts. The RCE Yellows are built around the OEM struts and are great, i have them and countless people on the forum will recommend them as well. Racecomp Engineering is very active and helpful on this forum. Also you mentioned you dont want to play around with settings than lowering springs would be the best option for you. There is no point in you spending money on coilovers if you're just gonna "set it and forget it". Going too low on springs or coilovers will add natural camber more noticeably in the rear. If you stick with a 1" drop or less you wont necessarily need LCAs. LCAs are nice to have to adjust camber if you end up having camber that is uneven on both sides, for the front get some camber bolts and max out the camber.
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vital For This Useful Post:
Busybee (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 11:03 AM   #8
HaXx

Drives: jrsc_brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

Thanks

I just walked a friend through his lowering springs install last weekend. Im on coilovers. if you are deciding between the two eibachs, id get the 1.4in drop, so you get a little more bang for your buck. youre talking about protecting your oem struts here, not exactly a precious commodity that need to be taken seriously. if it was u turbo housing, yes, id say protect that and make sure its getting oils pressure and wasnt overheating.

i dont forsee any problems using the sportlines, im sure theyre are MANY forum members that run them.
Busybee (04-17-2020)
Old 07-11-2021, 04:07 AM   #9
JD001

Quote:
Just an update/warning, yesterday my car went for its annual safety check. The Workshop discovered both front springs had failed, NSF spring was in 3 pieces!! I only done about 12k over 6years.. I surprised and shocked, had noted the ride getting very "crashy" over a period of time, I think the springs snapped yesterday on my drive to the workshop..

Moved on to KW V3, new dampers and springs.. Freshen up the ride as I'm sure the OEM dampers must have suffered..
Old 07-14-2021, 06:05 PM   #10
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,004 Times in 1,452 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Just an update/warning, yesterday my car went for its annual safety check. The Workshop discovered both front springs had failed, NSF spring was in 3 pieces!! I only done about 12k over 6years.. I surprised and shocked, had noted the ride getting very "crashy" over a period of time, I think the springs snapped yesterday on my drive to the workshop..

Moved on to KW V3, new dampers and springs.. Freshen up the ride as I'm sure the OEM dampers must have suffered..
talk bout a huge jump. Why not something like blisten dampers.... KW v3 are more track focused that still ride nice on the street
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 10:44 AM   #11
JD001

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
talk bout a huge jump. Why not something like blisten dampers.... KW v3 are more track focused that still ride nice on the street
Yep, a big jump. Always been curious about the KW coilovers, seen them spec'd on various cars from our Twin to Porches etc.. Opportunity arose so I took it... Keep you all posted with developments.
jflogerzi (07-15-2021)
Old 07-17-2021, 04:02 PM   #12
JD001

FedEx still have my suspension. It was meant to be delivered last Tuesday, didn't happen.. The UK supplier rather optimistic!! FedEx booked for yesterday by COP!! No show, looks like the car is staying with the garage another week..
Old 07-17-2021, 09:08 PM   #13
PulsarBeeerz

Drives: JRSC BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
FedEx still have my suspension. It was meant to be delivered last Tuesday, didn't happen.. The UK supplier rather optimistic!! FedEx booked for yesterday by COP!! No show, looks like the car is staying with the garage another week..

FedEx has been a joke here too. 60/40 I get packages sometimes days late from them.
PulsarBeeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:44 PM   #14
JD001

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
Picked her up today, drove about 20miles home, first impressions, very good! The spring/damper relationship seems much better. The bumps and thumps have gone, no longer sharp drops into and out of bumps in the road.

The car is riding on KW's factory settings, will explore further once I've gotten used to the current setup..

Tags
eibach, frs, lit, setup, wheels