follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 07-19-2018, 06:20 PM   #15
NRXRaptor

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonBomb View Post
Because of "Prime Day" Amazon has been lagging with shipping. My tracking shows that it was delivered yesterday. I called amazon last night saying it was a no show. Amazon said it was an error on their part and will be arriving today.

To add to the whole clusterfuck, Amazon delivered my neighbors prime day shipment to my mailbox this morning by mistake.

...So I'm just as anxious as you are haha.
alas. subispeed was of no help. this was their (well, Brian's) reply to my question:

(me) When I have these headlights in sequential mode, sometimes I get hyperblink when I'm driving and sometimes not. No hyperblink when I turn on the hazards. When they're in normal mode I get no hyperblink. Is this something that can be solved with a hyperflash relay?

(Brian) Hello,

Yes it does sound like that issue could be remedied with the below item,

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1RPDbcOfqY[/ame]

Regards,
Brian

first unprofessional response I've got from anyone ever. rip one customer. good thing 86speed exists. let me know if I worded my question like an asshole but it doesn't seem like it
NRXRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:30 PM   #16
TachyonBomb

Drives: 06 Evo GSR SE, 17 Series Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRXRaptor View Post
alas. subispeed was of no help. this was their (well, Brian's) reply to my question:

(me) When I have these headlights in sequential mode, sometimes I get hyperblink when I'm driving and sometimes not. No hyperblink when I turn on the hazards. When they're in normal mode I get no hyperblink. Is this something that can be solved with a hyperflash relay?

(Brian) Hello,

Yes it does sound like that issue could be remedied with the below item,

Regards,
Brian

first unprofessional response I've got from anyone ever. rip one customer. good thing 86speed exists. let me know if I worded my question like an asshole but it doesn't seem like it
Wow that's a **** move on their part. Honestly they run an online parts shop where every product can be found for cheaper by scrolling 3 to 5 links down on the same google search results. They are the #UsedCarMiddleMen in the clip they linked to you.

So nothing showed up on amazon today. Looks like they are ****ing me around too. I ordered the same relay from ebay a couple of hours ago. Ebay states it will be here Monday or Tuesday. If the Amazon one magically shows up before the ebay relay then I'll send you the extra.

Also I have an email from buddy club stating to get a relay more or less from 86Speed. The English was kind of broken but that seemed to be the jist of it lol.
TachyonBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:03 PM   #17
NRXRaptor

Quote:
Wow that's a **** move on their part. Honestly they run an online parts shop where every product can be found for cheaper by scrolling 3 to 5 links down on the same google search results. They are the #UsedCarMiddleMen in the clip they linked to you.

So nothing showed up on amazon today. Looks like they are ****ing me around too. I ordered the same relay from ebay a couple of hours ago. Ebay states it will be here Monday or Tuesday. If the Amazon one magically shows up before the ebay relay then I'll send you the extra.

Also I have an email from buddy club stating to get a relay more or less from 86Speed. The English was kind of broken but that seemed to be the jist of it lol.
a lot of parts for our cars come from Nippon for two obvious reasons lol. 86speed said definitely get a hyperflash relay and its on the way. just like you said it costs less than at subispeed lol only $20 shipped and I splurged for the "fancy" one that lets you adjust the rate at which the indicators blink
Old 07-25-2018, 05:03 PM   #18
TachyonBomb

Drives: 06 Evo GSR SE, 17 Series Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
a lot of parts for our cars come from Nippon for two obvious reasons lol. 86speed said definitely get a hyperflash relay and its on the way. just like you said it costs less than at subispeed lol only $20 shipped and I splurged for the "fancy" one that lets you adjust the rate at which the indicators blink
UPDATE:

I ended up calling amazon on saturday and getting a refund for the relay that never came.

But guess what.... yesterday both the amazon and ebay relays I ordered came in! Gotta love amazons loose return policies.n

Amazon is on the left and ebay is on the right.

I tested both relays and they both work properly. Turning speed slowed down to normal and sequential function work.

Here is a video for those interested.

https://imgur.com/dVKVQUJ

@NRXRaptor Well if you already ordered a relay I guess ill just sell the extra I got or see if I can get a second return/refund on ebay lol

Also give an update when you get the adjustable relay installed. I was about to get one but since I never saw anyone on here use them I couldn't pull the trigger.
TachyonBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:09 PM   #19
NRXRaptor

Quote:
UPDATE:

I ended up calling amazon on saturday and getting a refund for the relay that never came.

But guess what.... yesterday both the amazon and ebay relays I ordered came in! Gotta love amazons loose return policies.n

Amazon is on the left and ebay is on the right.

I tested both relays and they both work properly. Turning speed slowed down to normal and sequential function work.

Here is a video for those interested.

https://imgur.com/dVKVQUJ

@NRXRaptor Well if you already ordered a relay I guess ill just sell the extra I got or see if I can get a second return/refund on ebay lol

Also give an update when you get the adjustable relay installed. I was about to get one but since I never saw anyone on here use them I couldn't pull the trigger.
I installed it. its got this weird quirk where the first blink holds for a full second before it starts blinking in a normal cadence. its like it just holds it for blinks 1, 2, and 3. the adjust-ability works just fine though. can go from really fast to really slow
Old 07-26-2018, 03:05 AM   #20
dhuang
Cannonball Record Guy

Drives: Series.Yellow, 4C, Fit
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
its got this weird quirk where the first blink holds for a full second before it starts blinking in a normal cadence. its like it just holds it for blinks 1, 2, and 3.
I noticed with the 86/BRZ turn signals, even when stock, the first flash stays on longer than future blinks. You especially notice this if your turn signals are sequential -- I could easily tell with my Valenti Revo's and 2017's (seen below).

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wi3IOzAmmA[/ame]

VINwiki - Changing Automotive History
dhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:29 PM   #21
LED86

Drives: Black 86 GTS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
The first blink delay will happen with all led relays. Most people can ignore it. Otherwise you need to pony up and get a Valenti or tapturn relay which won’t have the delay issue.
LED86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:07 AM   #22
NRXRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuang View Post
I noticed with the 86/BRZ turn signals, even when stock, the first flash stays on longer than future blinks. You especially notice this if your turn signals are sequential -- I could easily tell with my Valenti Revo's and 2017's (seen below).

yeeeeah I have sequential turns front and back so it holds for what seems like a full second lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LED86 View Post
The first blink delay will happen with all led relays. Most people can ignore it. Otherwise you need to pony up and get a Valenti or tapturn relay which won’t have the delay issue.
Thanks for the info. I'm about to start living on borrowed money for the next couple years (god bless america) so I might just live with the extra long first turn signal. I'm already used to it and taking out that relay is an immense female dog. Probably wouldn't be so bad the second time though