follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 11-29-2020, 04:13 PM   #85
tweedbean

Drives: White GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What a transformation, really happy with how my BRZ turned out this year, I cant take many positives from 2020 but this is certainly one of them for me. Thanks to Adam Ball for sending me this photo below. From a white write off in March before I purchased it, to how it sits today, what to do to it next, no short term plans other than drive it right now.

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

Photo taken by Adam Ball by James Baker, on Flickr
beltax90 (12-14-2020), craigpitts7 (12-17-2020), DougNuts (04-22-2022), HKz (01-07-2021), jflogerzi (12-31-2020), Kiske (12-30-2020), new2subaru (12-14-2020), ripper (01-12-2021), RToyo86 (01-07-2021), Wally86 (11-30-2020)
Old 12-14-2020, 02:11 AM   #86
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Great build, you should be very proud. Seriously impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
tweedbean (01-10-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 02:13 PM   #87
Jonboy73

Drives: Toyota GT86 GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
How did you remove the weatherstrip on the doors just in front of the windows please. Im looking at wrapping the part at the top of the door so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Jonboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonboy73 For This Useful Post:
tweedbean (01-10-2021)
Old 01-10-2021, 04:57 PM   #88
tweedbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy73 View Post
How did you remove the weatherstrip on the doors just in front of the windows please. Im looking at wrapping the part at the top of the door so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi if you mean the rubber seal, from memory its just clipped in place.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:59 AM   #89
tweedbean

Hi all, its been pretty quiet over the winter. I've just been enjoying driving it even if its just popping to the shops, which is about all we can do right now. No short term plans for any major changes, just little tweaks here and there. I plan to do a walk around video soon covering the current state of play.

I also have a new instagram account to follow my BRZ build, I'm currently doing a recap from day 1 to now for anyone interested:

www.instagram.com/tweedbean_brz

From this:

To this in less than 12 months:

Photo taken by Adam Ball by James Baker, on Flickr

Last edited by tweedbean; 02-02-2021 at 04:55 AM.
tweedbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tweedbean For This Useful Post:
beltax90 (02-04-2021), Wally86 (02-04-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 03:58 PM   #90
tweedbean

Time for a little update, so this year I have just enjoyed driving the BRZ, I love that it just works with no fuss and even though its my slowest car its full of drama. I fitted the Mod society auto fold mirror module, it works perfectly and fully recommend it. Install video here

I do need to try and get to a show or two in this as it feels like forever since I've been to anything like that.

Last week I decided to give it a good clean and get some up to date photos as it sits right now:

I have no major plans to change things, maybe a few minor mods here and there over the coming months as I am currently going through a house move which is taking a lot of my focus right now plus I have a couple of other projects on the go. I plan to upgrade the speakers all round at some point and I need to space those rear wheels out a little.

For those that want to see the car in more detail, feel free to give my latest video a watch:

Old 04-21-2022, 09:59 AM   #91
tweedbean

So its been a long time since I updated this thread, the house move took a lot longer than expected, we ended up selling our house but pulling out of the purchase due to being messed about for 7 months. We ended up purchasing another house in only 4 weeks.

I have enjoyed driving the BRZ recently as it came out of storage as we had no where to keep it while we were in between houses. Certainly missed this car and went to commute in on Tuesday, when disaster struck midway through my commute. A lorry on the M6 dropped what I could only describe as some sort of tie down strap right in front of me, with no time to avoid it, my front driver side wheel went over it with a big bang, seconds later the front end felt very light so I pulled on to the hold shoulder to find this, note that chunk out the lip was cause by this, the wheels were perfect before I set out:

There must have been a metal hook or something on the strap that burst my tyre and took a chunk out of the lip. Annoyingly no spare wheel mean't it was recovery time, I let them know the car was low with a front lip and they said no problem, will send a low loader. An hour later they turn up with a normal tow truck who could see straight away he had no chance. So they sent a second one and the guy was amazing, was used to moving some exotic low cars so had everything he needed. Many chocks of wood later and the BRZ was loaded:

He dropped me straight home and took just as much care getting it back off again. I have planned for a while to get air suspension for the BRZ and actually fitted it to my Mini as a test before I got a set for this and while stood at the side of the motorway I actually negotiated on a set of nearly new Air Lift Performance struts off a GT86 show car so we like new. I just need to pick up the management side of it now. Its the exact set up on my Mini so I know what to expect and for how I use/drive my cars its perfect for me:

I will get the car up on my quickjacks this week and get the wheel off to my local wheel place to fix the lip and fit a new tyre. Cant wait to get going on the air setup:

Old 03-05-2024, 07:23 AM   #92
tweedbean

Nearly at the end of my BRZ journey, putting back to pretty much stock hasnt been fun but unfortunately it was worth more parting it out. I will be putting up a proper for sale post once its 100% ready, but if anyone in the UK is interested feel free to drop me a DM.