follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 11-29-2020, 11:03 PM   #43
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think what NSLP is likening the feel of say.. a door with sound deadening and one without. Overal feel of the car is a bit more solid. What grumpyslapper is saying is that there is not much, if any quantifiable gains, or that the difference made is so minute that for most looking to spend the effort that "the juice is not worth the squeeze." So to speak.

Both have their points. They are different people. Nothing wrong with that. Different opinions. Everyone has one. lol

cowardice is the mother of cruelty.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to solidONE For This Useful Post:
grumpysnapper (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 06:54 AM   #44
grumpysnapper

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealstoly View Post
Just out of curiosity, what braces have you installed, and/or tested, on this platform?

If none, I have a follow-up question for you. What would then qualify you make a statements of fact regarding things you have zero first hand knowledge about?

From where I'm sitting, you're an ignorant bully. You are telling another human being that his experiences are incorrect and invalid whilst having the audacity to declare that you are right based upon broad-stroking manufacturing improvements within the automotive industry.
Ignorant bully is quite strong. Zero first hand knowledge is also perhaps a little over the top too.
The only bracing I (personally) have used/use on this platform are front strut brace and rear shock tower brace. Both of which provided negligible/if any tangible benefit... but I like the idea of those braces, if nothing else.
My experience of other braces is through (many) other twins driven and conversations with their owners.
You yourself have questioned the worth of many of the CUSCO braces, so it is not unwise to be cynical about the motives of business models which are based on flawed premises and over promising.
There is nothing audacious about exposing the fundamental contradictions behind the expensive TRD door jams.
Like you, I am allowed to have an opinion, and to express it. Cusco (and others) aren't shy in pushing their opinions about their products on consumers... with little or no empirical back up.
I firmly believe (for road cars) that tyres, dampers and springs are actually the bedrock of a well sorted car...and the never ending focus on "rigidity", "stiffness", "sharpness" etc can at the very least be misleading.
grumpysnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grumpysnapper For This Useful Post:
Decep (12-01-2020), Ohio Enthusiast (11-30-2020), solidONE (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 09:43 PM   #45
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
There is one thing about the TRD door wedger that I like along with my sound deadened door. The sound of the door closing is more "Lexus" than "Scion" sounding. If that makes sense.

cowardice is the mother of cruelty.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to solidONE For This Useful Post:
grumpysnapper (12-04-2020)