follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2020, 07:51 PM   #2409
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 63,222
Thanks: 55,995
Thanked 93,349 Times in 41,044 Posts
Mentioned: 2276 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes86jdm View Post
Thank you! Color definitely took a while to grow on me, but I have grown to love it!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I saw one at the dealer back in 18 and loved the colour. Wasn't looking to change then though. Looked for one this spring but there was not a used one for sale anywhere. Worked out OK since it "forced" me to take my first choice anyway.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:02 PM   #2410
mercedes86jdm
Junior Member
 
mercedes86jdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Drives: 2018 Subaru BR-Z 50th Anniversary E
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I saw one at the dealer back in 18 and loved the colour. Wasn't looking to change then though. Looked for one this spring but there was not a used one for sale anywhere. Worked out OK since it "forced" me to take my first choice anyway.
What was your first choice? Definitely a difficult color to come by since there are so few and already a handful have been totalled from what I know

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
mercedes86jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:32 PM   #2411
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 63,222
Thanks: 55,995
Thanked 93,349 Times in 41,044 Posts
Mentioned: 2276 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes86jdm View Post
What was your first choice? Definitely a difficult color to come by since there are so few and already a handful have been totalled from what I know

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/atta...1&d=1585319723
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #2412
wizmatics
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Drives: '18 BRZ 50th, '07 Prius (yeah...)
Location: FL
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yo mercedes86jdm, I'm in Florida. Color was kinda the same for me, I think the first time I saw it was a used listing from a private seller, lighting did it no favors. Then I saw maybe the official Subaru 50th page and scrolled through Google images, and I was pretty much hooked.

Tcoat, kudos on the Hakone. Had to check, looks like I had had mine for like two months when they announced it. I was like aww hell. Might've gone that route in a different situation. Something about green cars for me these days. And those wheels.

And the Halo and the Hyperblue/Neptune. This is why you fully research a car. Having seen one up close I could stare at a Halo for hours on a sunny day, and those blues pop in a Porsche way. But I digress.
wizmatics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wizmatics For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-21-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 02:26 PM   #2413
p1l0t
Senior Member
 
p1l0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 7,169
Thanks: 18,497
Thanked 7,680 Times in 3,992 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizmatics View Post
Yo mercedes86jdm, I'm in Florida. Color was kinda the same for me, I think the first time I saw it was a used listing from a private seller, lighting did it no favors. Then I saw maybe the official Subaru 50th page and scrolled through Google images, and I was pretty much hooked.



Tcoat, kudos on the Hakone. Had to check, looks like I had had mine for like two months when they announced it. I was like aww hell. Might've gone that route in a different situation. Something about green cars for me these days. And those wheels.



And the Halo and the Hyperblue/Neptune. This is why you fully research a car. Having seen one up close I could stare at a Halo for hours on a sunny day, and those blues pop in a Porsche way. But I digress.
Sometimes too the colors are a package. Like my Hyperblue was a better deal than the limited of that year. You paid less, got more options, and the I love the look. No brainer but very hard to get new. I was actually too late but got lucky someone backed out even after making a deposit on one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-22-2020)
Old 04-21-2020, 09:09 PM   #2414
Milf_Luvur_42069
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Drives: Not yet a BRZ
Location: VA
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey everyone, first post here.

I have loved the platform since it came out, and am finally in a position to actually pull the trigger on one. I test drove a 2017 and loved it - and have many saved searches emailing me every week for any 2018+ BRZ Limited PP

Just figured I'd say hello, and will be joining soon!
Milf_Luvur_42069 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Milf_Luvur_42069 For This Useful Post:
Spuds (04-22-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 10:08 PM   #2415
guitarman
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 58
Thanks: 44
Thanked 47 Times in 26 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subisubi View Post
I'm also Looking forward to future mods! Any ideas on what I should do first?
Welcome. These forums are great source of info for us NewBees.

...unless you got some better ones straight from the dealership; TIRES.
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to guitarman For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-23-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 05:33 PM   #2416
p1l0t
Senior Member
 
p1l0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 7,169
Thanks: 18,497
Thanked 7,680 Times in 3,992 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I burned my first ones off in like 20k miles

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:31 PM   #2417
jpbackline
Junior Member
 
jpbackline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Drives: BRZ Limited 2013
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello everyone..new here, I am

I am completely lost here. I am old so that's my story and I am sticking to it. How does one start here with the newest postings in any certain thread? I am in Tulsa, I have a 2013 BRZ Limited (black). How to search for clubs in my area? etc.... so I figure, everyone was new at one time.


Stay Safe Y'all
jpbackline










Quote:
Dreamer easy in the chair that really fits you
jpbackline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:10 PM   #2418
BRZ Ratfink
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got a 2013 Galaxy Blue BRZ. I will modify as money permits.

[IMG][/IMG]
BRZ Ratfink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BRZ Ratfink For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 09:01 PM   #2419
JAS4
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Drives: 2020 BRZ Limited PP
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14
Thanks: 22
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbie here. Just finished breaking in (1,061 miles) my 2020 BRZ Limited PP. Already benefited a ton from all the info on this forum. Intend to keep it "mostly" stock. Mods so far: Perrin intake to get rid of crappy intake sound, M-Tec clutch spring and pedal height adjustment. Seeking solution to headroom problem with helmet on. Would love to do some HPDEs in future..... Thank you to all who have made this forum what it is!
JAS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:34 PM   #2420
motosteveo
Member
 
motosteveo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: 2013 WRB 6MT
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 29
Thanks: 18
Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS4 View Post
Newbie here. Just finished breaking in (1,061 miles) my 2020 BRZ Limited PP. Already benefited a ton from all the info on this forum. Intend to keep it "mostly" stock. Mods so far: Perrin intake to get rid of crappy intake sound, M-Tec clutch spring and pedal height adjustment. Seeking solution to headroom problem with helmet on. Would love to do some HPDEs in future..... Thank you to all who have made this forum what it is!
Welcome JAS4! What color did you get? I have PP envy
motosteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to motosteveo For This Useful Post:
JAS4 (05-14-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 10:51 PM   #2421
bigred18
MJLONIR Program Member
 
bigred18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 148
Thanks: 45
Thanked 84 Times in 60 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I see your still active here, and with the same profile pic xD
__________________
ドラゴンに乗る
Instagram: Komodo_Actual
My car build: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81094
bigred18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigred18 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-29-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 02:17 AM   #2422
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 5,632
Thanks: 15,244
Thanked 6,513 Times in 3,446 Posts
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbackline View Post
I am completely lost here. I am old so that's my story and I am sticking to it. How does one start here with the newest postings in any certain thread? I am in Tulsa, I have a 2013 BRZ Limited (black). How to search for clubs in my area? etc.... so I figure, everyone was new at one time.


Stay Safe Y'all
jpbackline
Just saw this, responding if you are still wondering.

Well, looks like you found the "hello" page in the right section, so that's a good start.

Forum is sectioned as I am sure you saw, and each section has two lists of posts. The very top list is reserved for stickies like this one. The rest of the threads are listed below them. There are multiple pages of threads (again, in each section), don't worry about them, stick on the first page for now. Threads are "bumped" to the top of the list when someone creates a new post in them.

New posts are appended to the end of the thread they are posted in, so jumping to the last page is your best bet for the latest stuff.

There are regional sections of the forum with local threads. I do not know how active your region is on here, but you can get to those sections from the main forum page.

Also calling @humfrz. He's the resident old dude at the moment.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.