follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-01-2020, 08:10 AM   #1
Roger!

Drives: 2013 Scion Frs 10 Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2013 Frs Will not start Short to ground?

Hello everyone, I had an issue with the passenger side fuel injection wires rubbing against the metal cover that the injection control unit bolts to. At first I was blowing the efi fuse over and over. After fixing the frayed wires on both injector plugs. the fuse dose not blow anymore. But the car will not start. It will turn over and then dies immediately. I checked continuity on each injector and it shows .12 on all four. I have fuel pressure but my scan tool says fuel system open loop due to insufficient coolant temperature. Fuel pump turns on too. If I disconnect the MAF sensor it will start and idle at around 2k rpm. When this happens. I have no foot pedal response and both 02 sensors will not read on the scan tool. At first I was getting codes for bank 1 and 4 injector malfunction but that code dosent come up anymore. Can anyone offer advice where to start troubleshooting? Thank you all for any advice. I am now getting p1261 and p1264 codes and it starts and the idle bounces up and down from 1k to 1.5k rpm with no throttle response.

Last edited by Roger!; 11-01-2020 at 09:06 AM.
Roger! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roger! For This Useful Post:
humfrz (11-02-2020)
Old 11-02-2020, 08:48 PM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger! View Post
Hello everyone, I had an issue with the passenger side fuel injection wires rubbing against the metal cover that the injection control unit bolts to. At first I was blowing the efi fuse over and over. After fixing the frayed wires on both injector plugs. the fuse dose not blow anymore. But the car will not start. It will turn over and then dies immediately. I checked continuity on each injector and it shows .12 on all four. I have fuel pressure but my scan tool says fuel system open loop due to insufficient coolant temperature. Fuel pump turns on too. If I disconnect the MAF sensor it will start and idle at around 2k rpm. When this happens. I have no foot pedal response and both 02 sensors will not read on the scan tool. At first I was getting codes for bank 1 and 4 injector malfunction but that code dosent come up anymore. Can anyone offer advice where to start troubleshooting? Thank you all for any advice. I am now getting p1261 and p1264 codes and it starts and the idle bounces up and down from 1k to 1.5k rpm with no throttle response.
Welcome to our forum, Roger! -

Your car's problems are waaay above my pay grade, but, hopefully someone will come along soon to help you out.

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 03:09 PM   #3
MJones_RB

Drives: Scion FR-S Series 10 #2462
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Make sure your injector control unit is properly grounded. There are 3 bolts holding it, two on the injector protector and one underneath attached to the block. If the one at the bottom is not properly grounded, it will lead to issues with starting. Good luck!
MJones_RB is offline   Reply With Quote