follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 04-07-2017, 08:02 AM   #2143
Bfranklyn86

Drives: GT86 Harrop S/C
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafrsguy View Post
i made 275 on 93 and that's about the best you can do with that. 92 shouldn't be too far off. but every car, tuner, and setup is different. but theres an idea of what you could see.
Thats a decent number - I presume that's stock pulley, d-box, 4-2-1 header and 2.5" full exhaust?
Bfranklyn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:46 AM   #2144
Gforce
Banned

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Every dyno operator seems to have his own way of setting up the test.

Anyway, what I would take away from any dyno test is the delta between before and after the modification performed on the same dyno with the same guy operating it.

Even stock engines will be making different hp from each other.

On mine I got 62 hp more and 48 lb ft of torque more on 91 pump octane Shell V Power, no ethanol in ours. I can't get better gas here as the 94 is heavily spiked with ethanol. Edelbrock paid for the dyno as mine was their first install in my town.

Assuming the delta is accurate that implies 262 hp and 199 lb ft of torque if added to published stock figures.

More importantly it implies 30% more power and torque.

On the road it turns a pleasantly quick weekend sports car into a seriously quick driver's car.

Last edited by Gforce; 04-07-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Gforce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gforce For This Useful Post:
colHolm (04-07-2017), funwheeldrive (04-07-2017), Silverfox (04-07-2017), ThatAsianBradah (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 11:03 AM   #2145
ThatAsianBradah

Drives: Toyota 86 2017 TRD Modded
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafrsguy View Post
i made 275 on 93 and that's about the best you can do with that. 92 shouldn't be too far off. but every car, tuner, and setup is different. but theres an idea of what you could see.
That's an impressive number. I'm running stock everything except for CBE. I wonder that and 18"x7.5 wheels/TOYO tires if overall WHP is going to be somewhere around 250. I have a feeling that a Dbox/tune + EL Headers is what I want to flush out more from this system. There's always Christmas! ��

Edit: That's true. Compared to the average power/torque our cars offer from stock, for comparable boost without any serious modification to the motor this EB S/C adds around 35% more power/torque. That's honestly a really good thing coming from a PD CARB legal kit. It gives much room for future improvement just in case I want to optimize the system.

The end goal I want for this kit is close to 280whp/220lb*ft. It should be more easily/safely attainable with the header+tune+pulley combination.

We'll see what happens once my kit gets in and I'll get back to you guys about the first charts!
Old 04-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #2146
BBDGriptonia

Drives: Subaru BRZ - WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi all,

long time lurker since the EBSC came out. My 15 BRZ is itching for a power mod that is worth the money (100% stock). Out of all the FI kits i have researched the Edelbrock is the only one that really speaks to me - never liked turbos much after my WRXs. My BRZ is my daily and i know the idea of FI for a daily for some is not ideal. Many of you on the form seem to be doing this without severe complaints or issues so far which is encouraging - i know there is no guarantee with FI.

Anyways, a few questions for those of you that have had the chargers for a while now:
-Looking back, would you do it again? What would you do differently at first? Buy D Box, D Tune, custom tune, anscillary mods like headers, etc.
-How has engine reliability been and what's your mileage with the kit? anyone experience the dreaded P0016-0019 codes? In other words, any cam issues?
-Does anyone in the SF Bay area know a current installer in the south bay (closer to south west - I'm in Santa Cruz and we have no tuners over here. a few performance shops)
-Need to increase wheel width or just stickier tires alright? I like the stockers and want to keep them if i can.

My thoughts are to terminate my extended warranty and put that towards the SC, and at my savings rate should be good around October this year. Starting to make plans now and im excited!

Any thoughts, personal experiences and suggestions are highly appreciated.
BBDGriptonia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BBDGriptonia For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 04:59 PM   #2147
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDGriptonia View Post
Hi all,

long time lurker since the EBSC came out. My 15 BRZ is itching for a power mod that is worth the money (100% stock). Out of all the FI kits i have researched the Edelbrock is the only one that really speaks to me - never liked turbos much after my WRXs. My BRZ is my daily and i know the idea of FI for a daily for some is not ideal. Many of you on the form seem to be doing this without severe complaints or issues so far which is encouraging - i know there is no guarantee with FI.

Anyways, a few questions for those of you that have had the chargers for a while now:
-Looking back, would you do it again? What would you do differently at first? Buy D Box, D Tune, custom tune, anscillary mods like headers, etc.
-How has engine reliability been and what's your mileage with the kit? anyone experience the dreaded P0016-0019 codes? In other words, any cam issues?
-Does anyone in the SF Bay area know a current installer in the south bay (closer to south west - I'm in Santa Cruz and we have no tuners over here. a few performance shops)

My thoughts are to terminate my extended warranty and put that towards the SC, and at my savings rate should be good around October this year. Starting to make plans now and im excited!

Any thoughts, personal experiences and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Neil at The Racer's Line is a certified Edlebrock dealer/installer IIRC. He does great work on our cars. It's a couple of hours away from you, but I think it would be worth it.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
BBDGriptonia (04-07-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 05:04 PM   #2148
BBDGriptonia

Drives: Subaru BRZ - WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
Neil at The Racer's Line is a certified Edlebrock dealer/installer IIRC. He does great work on our cars. It's a couple of hours away from you, but I think it would be worth it.
Thanks! Concord isn't too far. Any ideas on installation cost and timeline? Am i looking at a few days or a few hours?
BBDGriptonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:11 PM   #2149
paiceyfan

Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
I second that... Neal's the guy.

Had mine for over a year, 15k with only slight idle issues that disappeared with a Delicious tune. No D-box. Not mechanically minded, so needed something reliable for a daily driver. Live it!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #2150
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDGriptonia View Post
Thanks! Concord isn't too far. Any ideas on installation cost and timeline? Am i looking at a few days or a few hours?

@The Racers Line

I am sure he would be happy to give you an estimate.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 06:13 PM   #2151
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
To search for a certified installer, please go to the Edelbrock website:

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...stallers.shtml
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CounterSpace Garage For This Useful Post:
BBDGriptonia (04-07-2017), funwheeldrive (04-07-2017)
Old 04-08-2017, 11:59 PM   #2152
georgiafrsguy

Drives: white 2013 frs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfranklyn86 View Post
Thats a decent number - I presume that's stock pulley, d-box, 4-2-1 header and 2.5" full exhaust?
That's pretty much my setup minus the d-box. But a custom tune
georgiafrsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to georgiafrsguy For This Useful Post:
Bfranklyn86 (04-09-2017), ThatAsianBradah (04-09-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 11:27 PM   #2153
ThatAsianBradah

Drives: Toyota 86 2017 TRD Modded
Ok, I've given it some thought. For my first EBSC build I'm gonna run it with stock everything, CARB tune included. Except the only thing I have different is the TRD CBE Muffler Body and Mid-Pipe on 92 RON.

Eventually I'll reach build two later when I have saved up the investment which will include the DeliciousTune, ACE 421 EL Headers (250 Collection), and MAYBE overpipe/frontpipe on 92 RON also. I don't have any access to E85 so FF isn't an option, but DeliciousTune is said to optimize the system significantly.

For now I'm questioning the quality of a full exhaust; i.e. is it worth it to get the overpipe and frontpipe mods?

How much do I really gain from those? Any owner feedback and reliable statistic utilizing a full exhaust system with EL Headers and DeliciousTune on 91/92/93 fuel would be appreciated!

I'm looking to reach 290/300whp + 220/230lb*ft, but not surpass that threshold.

If you guys do recommend an OPDO, to go with an Ace 421 EL Header, which do you go for that wouldn't necessarily break the bank?
CSG Mike (04-09-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 11:34 PM   #2154
Silverfox

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ, Edelbrock SC, E-85
Edelbrock E-force Owner's thread and FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAsianBradah View Post
Ok, I've given it some thought. For my first EBSC build I'm gonna run it with stock everything, CARB tune included. Except the only thing I have different is the TRD CBE Muffler Body and Mid-Pipe on 92 RON.

Eventually I'll reach build two later when I have saved up the investment which will include the DeliciousTune, ACE 421 EL Headers (250 Collection), and MAYBE overpipe/frontpipe on 92 RON also. I don't have any access to E85 so FF isn't an option, but DeliciousTune is said to optimize the system significantly.

For now I'm questioning the quality of a full exhaust; i.e. is it worth it to get the overpipe and frontpipe mods?

How much do I really gain from those? Any owner feedback and reliable statistic utilizing a full exhaust system with EL Headers and DeliciousTune on 91/92/93 fuel would be appreciated!

I'm looking to reach 290/300whp + 220/230lb*ft, but not surpass that threshold.

If you guys do recommend an OPDO, to go with an Ace 421 EL Header, which do you go for that wouldn't necessarily break the bank?

ACE CS400, HKS catless FP, ACE catback, Dbox and delicious 91 tune brought me to around 275 whp with a dyno jet. So on 92 you could reasonably see close to the numbers you are wanting.

You will see the most gains exhaust wise from the headers, overpipe, and front pipe being replaced based on what I've seen across the board on this platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Silverfox; 04-10-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silverfox For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (04-09-2017), ThatAsianBradah (04-10-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #2155
brzaapi
CAR-AHOLIC

Drives: 2018 BRZ Ts - CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
And so it continues...............................

(I gotta share with someone)

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1491843336

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1491843336
Attached Images

brzaapi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brzaapi For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (04-10-2017), ThatAsianBradah (04-10-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 01:02 PM   #2156
brzaapi
CAR-AHOLIC

Drives: 2018 BRZ Ts - CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
And, just to share. When I am completed my setup will be.....

EBSC, ACE 350, DTFF Kit, DW 700cc Injectors, DW 300 pump, DT D-Box and of course a DT tune. Eventually, I will swap out FP and CBE. And, ACT Clutch is already in the car.
brzaapi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brzaapi For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (04-10-2017), Silverfox (04-10-2017), ThatAsianBradah (04-10-2017)