follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
RR Racing
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2021, 05:19 PM   #4257
localhost
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Drives: Edelbrock SC 2015 FR-S 6MT
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 63
Thanks: 15
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Some dyno numbers for you guys:

2015 FRS with the medium (one smaller than stock) pulley, Aquamist water-meth injection, catless heat wrapped UEL headers. Stock block, stock fuel system (injectors, fuel pump) and stock clutch:



According to my tuner, the reason they couldn't go any higher was because of IATs. They did run the pulley that was even smaller than the medium one, but apparently IATs were too high to get more power even with more boost.

Truthfully, I'm a little disappointed, but Dyno Dynamics dynos read lower than most other dynos anyway so it's okay I guess. The stock cars on these dynos read about 150whp, so this is a pretty healthy 137hp bump. Really wish there was more torque though. I'm not really sure how to get much more power out of this at this point though.
localhost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to localhost For This Useful Post:
FrickingReallySlow (09-09-2021), Pete (09-09-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 06:10 PM   #4258
FrickingReallySlow
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Drives: 2015 FR-S
Location: San francisco
Posts: 111
Thanks: 32
Thanked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
theoretically Edelbrock only needs to make new runners to match the FA24 ports. So maybe they'll make a cheaper retrofit upgrade kit. Or maybe we'll get really lucky and just need to chamfer the runners at a machine shop
FrickingReallySlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrickingReallySlow For This Useful Post:
Pete (09-09-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 08:00 PM   #4259
FrickingReallySlow
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Drives: 2015 FR-S
Location: San francisco
Posts: 111
Thanks: 32
Thanked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You should be pretty lean at WOT and with WMI keeping things cool the measured IAT (MAF) is before the injector no? so how would they know the mixture is too hot? The stock block doesn't handle anything above 280BHP very well so its probably for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by localhost View Post
Some dyno numbers for you guys:

According to my tuner, the reason they couldn't go any higher was because of IATs. They did run the pulley that was even smaller than the medium one, but apparently IATs were too high to get more power even with more boost.
FrickingReallySlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 02:13 AM   #4260
dpfarr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Drives: BRZ ts
Location: SACRAMENTO
Posts: 398
Thanks: 200
Thanked 369 Times in 158 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a good picture of an EBSC w a flex fuel sensor?
dpfarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 08:56 AM   #4261
B T
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Drives: 15 Supercharged BRZ
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 354
Thanks: 130
Thanked 103 Times in 80 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpfarr View Post
Is there a good picture of an EBSC w a flex fuel sensor?
This work for ya?
Edelbrock with Flex Fuel
B T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B T For This Useful Post:
dpfarr (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #4262
dpfarr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Drives: BRZ ts
Location: SACRAMENTO
Posts: 398
Thanks: 200
Thanked 369 Times in 158 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I thought there was only one way. Thanks man. Excited to get my stupid car out of the garage and on the dyno.
dpfarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:02 PM   #4263
localhost
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Drives: Edelbrock SC 2015 FR-S 6MT
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 63
Thanks: 15
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrickingReallySlow View Post
You should be pretty lean at WOT and with WMI keeping things cool the measured IAT (MAF) is before the injector no? so how would they know the mixture is too hot? The stock block doesn't handle anything above 280BHP very well so its probably for the best.
They way the hooked up the WMI injector is directly into the body of the SC, right before the rotor pack. So yes, after the MAF so I'm not super sure how they'd know the IATs were the problem.

At this point I'm going back and forth on doing an LS swap come next summer, or just jumping to a different platform that can handle some decent power (Golf R is the top contender) and keeping the FRS around for weekend/fun shenanigans. LS swapping and getting a new-to-me car would both run roughly about the same price too.
localhost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to localhost For This Useful Post:
FrickingReallySlow (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 01:28 PM   #4264
FrickingReallySlow
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Drives: 2015 FR-S
Location: San francisco
Posts: 111
Thanks: 32
Thanked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thats pretty cool, can you show us some pics of your injectors I always wanted another use for my giant windshield washer fluid and reservoir. Yeah this platform aint that great for anything big power wise but check out the K24 swap threads they got me itching to buy some 86 rod knocked shells

Quote:
Originally Posted by localhost View Post
They way the hooked up the WMI injector is directly into the body of the SC, right before the rotor pack. So yes, after the MAF so I'm not super sure how they'd know the IATs were the problem.
FrickingReallySlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:47 PM   #4265
B T
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Drives: 15 Supercharged BRZ
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 354
Thanks: 130
Thanked 103 Times in 80 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrickingReallySlow View Post
Yeah this platform aint that great for anything big power wise but check out the K24 swap threads they got me itching to buy some 86 rod knocked shells
I second this. I'd get to work on it now just for the weight savings but my son is using my truck and currently selling my other sports car, but def doing a k24 in the future.
B T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:55 PM   #4266
localhost
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Drives: Edelbrock SC 2015 FR-S 6MT
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 63
Thanks: 15
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrickingReallySlow View Post
Thats pretty cool, can you show us some pics of your injectors I always wanted another use for my giant windshield washer fluid and reservoir. Yeah this platform aint that great for anything big power wise but check out the K24 swap threads they got me itching to buy some 86 rod knocked shells
It's just a single injector.

localhost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to localhost For This Useful Post:
dpfarr (09-10-2021)
Old 09-11-2021, 05:54 PM   #4267
dpfarr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Drives: BRZ ts
Location: SACRAMENTO
Posts: 398
Thanks: 200
Thanked 369 Times in 158 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got the engine bay stuff done. Need to swap the fuel pump and button up the bumper.


If anyone has encouragement for the fuel pump, I thank you now. Additionally, the propensity for fuel leaks (injectors, lines, fuel rail, etc.) is low right!?
dpfarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 11:32 PM   #4268
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin
 
brandonblt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Location: NJ
Posts: 671
Thanks: 1,411
Thanked 444 Times in 234 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpfarr View Post
Got the engine bay stuff done. Need to swap the fuel pump and button up the bumper.


If anyone has encouragement for the fuel pump, I thank you now. Additionally, the propensity for fuel leaks (injectors, lines, fuel rail, etc.) is low right!?
Just make sure you line up the markings on the fuel pump lid. And make sure the gaskets are installed in the fuel injectors. I had a gasket missing on one of my injectors and it throw gasoline all over my engine bay. My whole house smelled like gas for the rest of the day
__________________
Instagram: brandonblt2
Build Thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...86#post2219386
Flickr: brandonblt567
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brandonblt2 For This Useful Post:
dpfarr (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 12:03 AM   #4269
Aztec
Lost in the twisties
 
Aztec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: 2014 BRZ Dark Gray Metallic
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 648
Thanks: 418
Thanked 289 Times in 182 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
How does everyone's car sound once warmed up and idling?

I am getting an odd sound that seems out of place. My idle is around 900rpm
video for reference: https://photos.app.goo.gl/wCJwbXMPAy9Rhikj6
Thanks!
__________________
NEW CAR!🚨🏎️⛽
2014 BRZ: Edelbrock SC, CSG ZachTune, Jackson Radiator/Oil cooler, lightweight flywheel, CNT UEL, Berk OP/FP, Ark Grip Catback, Carbon fiber Driveshaft
Aztec's Build Thread
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:32 PM   #4270
CSG Mike
 
CSG Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: S2000 CR
Location: Orange County
Posts: 13,808
Thanks: 8,617
Thanked 13,316 Times in 6,442 Posts
Mentioned: 932 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by localhost View Post
Some dyno numbers for you guys:

2015 FRS with the medium (one smaller than stock) pulley, Aquamist water-meth injection, catless heat wrapped UEL headers. Stock block, stock fuel system (injectors, fuel pump) and stock clutch:



According to my tuner, the reason they couldn't go any higher was because of IATs. They did run the pulley that was even smaller than the medium one, but apparently IATs were too high to get more power even with more boost.

Truthfully, I'm a little disappointed, but Dyno Dynamics dynos read lower than most other dynos anyway so it's okay I guess. The stock cars on these dynos read about 150whp, so this is a pretty healthy 137hp bump. Really wish there was more torque though. I'm not really sure how to get much more power out of this at this point though.
Better fuel will be your answer.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vortech Owner Thread & Setup Questions reyruiz191 Forced Induction 339 09-11-2021 08:57 PM
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger itsibarra Forced Induction 938 07-31-2021 04:48 PM
Most annoyingly over-asked questions on FT86 forums mit_peid Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 36 01-16-2014 02:48 PM
Brz Info/Specs (helpful info for questions asked often) Gaen BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics 0 05-24-2012 10:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.