follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2017, 12:59 AM   #29
whitehammer86
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: A beast
Location: Earth
Posts: 34
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lol this is where your root hatred started! Simplicity at it's best.
whitehammer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:05 AM   #30
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,194
Thanks: 57,858
Thanked 98,153 Times in 42,685 Posts
Mentioned: 2386 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehammer86 View Post
Do you not realize how stupid that sounds?
Do you know who made the parts? Not Subaru. They just bolted them together. There is a list on here and Mitsubishi made more parts on the car than Subaru did. They literally just assembled them. You do know the differences between manufacturing and assembly right?
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:07 AM   #31
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,194
Thanks: 57,858
Thanked 98,153 Times in 42,685 Posts
Mentioned: 2386 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehammer86 View Post
lol this is where your root hatred started! Simplicity at it's best.
Oh look at the times dude. I read ALL threads. You are in no way special to me.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:32 AM   #32
gramicci101
Off Topic
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Vegas, baby!
Posts: 4,610
Thanks: 2,369
Thanked 4,238 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
I can't believe no one has built/sells a bolt in fuel cell, or at least a baffled replacement tank for these cars that are tracked so much.

I've never heard about the steering issue, but I haven't autox or tracked this car.
Moto-East was working on a surge tank set within the engine bay. I haven't heard anything about it in a while though. I don't know if they're still working on it or not. Beyond that, you're looking at universal auto racing fuel cells and surge tanks.

The steering issue is because the power steering is electric and doesn't have a whole lot of cooling. For normal and slightly excessive use, it's fine. But if you're really working it hard (TWSS) it'll overheat and shut off. And boom, manual steering.

Also, fuck yeah, Wolfenstein. I don't think my computer could run slow enough to play it though.
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:50 AM   #33
mrg666
pessimistic skeptic
 
mrg666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Drives: '14 FR-S Monogram AT JRSC
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 1,695
Thanked 1,029 Times in 681 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
I can't believe no one has built/sells a bolt in fuel cell, or at least a baffled replacement tank for these cars that are tracked so much.

I've never heard about the steering issue, but I haven't autox or tracked this car.
I was thinking about this fuel starvation issue today while going to the gas station with less than one quarter tank gas. Maybe this is not as big of an issue as we perceive. I have read many times in this forum about fuel starvation but haven't seen really somebody experienced a failure because of it. Do you know any such case reported here?
mrg666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:43 AM   #34
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,194
Thanks: 57,858
Thanked 98,153 Times in 42,685 Posts
Mentioned: 2386 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
I was thinking about this fuel starvation issue today while going to the gas station with less than one quarter tank gas. Maybe this is not as big of an issue as we perceive. I have read many times in this forum about fuel starvation but haven't seen really somebody experienced a failure because of it. Do you know any such case reported here?
There are several people that have experienced fuel starvation during heavy track use. Most are FI so they may be sucking way more than stock anyway. I do not recall a single case where they mentioned failure due to it.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
mrg666 (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 12:16 PM   #35
Sapphireho
Wet aged
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: Costco boxer briefs
Location: Caldwell, ID
Posts: 10,622
Thanks: 4,536
Thanked 13,307 Times in 6,618 Posts
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
There are several people that have experienced fuel starvation during heavy track use. Most are FI so they may be sucking way more than stock anyway. I do not recall a single case where they mentioned failure due to it.
FI with e85 you're sucking fuel really fast.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:27 PM   #36
chulooz
Registered you sir
 
chulooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Location: DC / CT
Posts: 1,666
Thanks: 259
Thanked 380 Times in 207 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Subaru assembled the car. They didn't make anything.
True, except for the frame, suspension, hubs, brakes, body panels, safety equipment, engine block, motor accessories, and wiring. Everything else was just assembly. Either way, its much more a subaru than any other mark.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:50 PM   #37
dnieves
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Location: NY
Posts: 1,062
Thanks: 615
Thanked 347 Times in 251 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Do you know who made the parts? Not Subaru. They just bolted them together. There is a list on here and Mitsubishi made more parts on the car than Subaru did. They literally just assembled them. You do know the differences between manufacturing and assembly right?


Shhhhhh!! Don't say the M word, the only positive that came from Mitsubishi were the original Eclipses, EVO, and Diamond Vision. Aside from that everything they touch turns to crap (consumer electronics, cars, and banking).


dnieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #38
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,194
Thanks: 57,858
Thanked 98,153 Times in 42,685 Posts
Mentioned: 2386 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulooz View Post
True, except for the frame, suspension, hubs, brakes, body panels, safety equipment, engine block, motor accessories, and wiring. Everything else was just assembly. Either way, its much more a subaru than any other mark.
There is a list of who made what. Subaru themselves make virtually nothing. Almost no car manufacturers make parts anymore. You are confusing Subaru contracted parts with Subaru made parts.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #39
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 65,194
Thanks: 57,858
Thanked 98,153 Times in 42,685 Posts
Mentioned: 2386 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Here you go Subie fan boys that think they make things

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71898
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:10 PM   #40
gramicci101
Off Topic
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Vegas, baby!
Posts: 4,610
Thanks: 2,369
Thanked 4,238 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
GM8 is still best Subaru.
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #41
VoltsFRS2013
Senior Member
 
VoltsFRS2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (Ultramarine)
Location: Virginia
Posts: 646
Thanks: 441
Thanked 327 Times in 204 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Attached Images
 
__________________
VoltsFRS2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:28 AM   #42
chulooz
Registered you sir
 
chulooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Location: DC / CT
Posts: 1,666
Thanks: 259
Thanked 380 Times in 207 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Here you go Subie fan boys that think they make things

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
There is a list of who made what. Subaru themselves make virtually nothing. Almost no car manufacturers make parts anymore. You are confusing Subaru contracted parts with Subaru made parts.

Engine + chassis + builder = more subaru than any other maker. You are wrong to say they make virtually nothing when they build the key components that are the motor and frame.

By your logic no car that subaru makes would be a subaru, but that isnt true, they are all subarus. The fact that the brand doesnt make every part they use doesnt take away from the product as a whole, a subaru. No one blames or praises those subsidiary brands when something goes wrong or right, they recognize the builder (subaru) and the seller (subaru) as the parent/representative that they are; their parts bin is what came together to build this car. If you had to put one name on this car it is subaru, unquestionably more so than toyota. That is not a good or bad thing, it is just the reality of this car.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Scion Car Care Kit LancePower Cleaning and Detailing 4 06-04-2017 02:58 PM
2016 Scion FR-S -- official feature page babydriver Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 89 08-16-2015 08:45 PM
Pat Cyr is now Scion Canada official driver! Duff_man Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 0 05-25-2012 06:01 AM
The official name of the Scion version is... switchlanez Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 29 11-29-2011 05:04 AM
Official for scion... nate89 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 31 07-12-2011 02:41 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.