follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 12-19-2022, 07:37 PM   #1
AnalogMan

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited 6 speed Red
Thanked 1,012 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is the 2023 BRZ model run sold out?

I've been interested in moving from my 2019 BRZ to a new 2023, but almost all of the dealers I've contacted in New England tell me ordering of new BRZ's is closed (which makes me suspicious of the one dealer who said they can still order a car, and will happily take my non-refundable deposit to do so).

Does anyone know what the real situation is? Is the 2023 model run sold out? Is it a temporary hold because of the infamous supply chain constraints? Or is it dealer-specific?

Thanks!
AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 11:16 PM   #2
smoltz

Drives: 01 911 Turbo, 03 G500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sent you a PM.
smoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smoltz For This Useful Post:
AnalogMan (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 01:13 AM   #3
mycrors7

Drives: zd8 brz
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Ordering will likely open up around January or February for 2024 models. Some dealers will take down your info, put it on a list, and place an order as soon as ordering opens. The dealer I got my car from does this to simplify things for the customer and so they don’t have to explain how the Subaru ordering system works.

2023 models are pretty much sold out already. Only chance to get one at this point is if someone cancels their order and it becomes available
mycrors7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mycrors7 For This Useful Post:
siko232 (01-20-2023)
Old 12-20-2022, 08:42 AM   #4
raisingAnarchy

Drives: '20 Tundra, '84 SpecE30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors7 View Post
Ordering will likely open up around January or February for 2024 models. Some dealers will take down your info, put it on a list, and place an order as soon as ordering opens. The dealer I got my car from does this to simplify things for the customer and so they don’t have to explain how the Subaru ordering system works.

2023 models are pretty much sold out already. Only chance to get one at this point is if someone cancels their order and it becomes available

May I ask where you're getting this info? Curious if Subaru is throttling BRZ production each model year to a certain number, the same way Toyota has been threatening the GR Corolla limited production #s.
raisingAnarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 09:37 AM   #5
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,230 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingAnarchy View Post
May I ask where you're getting this info? Curious if Subaru is throttling BRZ production each model year to a certain number, the same way Toyota has been threatening the GR Corolla limited production #s.
SWAG based on what's been happening.

I'd suspect ordering for 2024 models won't open until April, just like ordering for 2023 models didn't open until April of this year.

I ordered my 2023 in late April this year and it arrived September 3rd.
DriveDriftDogfight86 (12-25-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 10:50 AM   #6
PLX92

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium
Same region as you OP, I began working with a dealer on Nov. 14th, they were not able to place an order that day, or several weeks following when they received their allocations. Both were kicked back by SOA. They agreed to check with the regional sales rep and continue to try an get an order through, but no one is really clear when that may be.
PLX92 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PLX92 For This Useful Post:
AnalogMan (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 11:23 AM   #7
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLX92 View Post
Same region as you OP, I began working with a dealer on Nov. 14th, they were not able to place an order that day, or several weeks following when they received their allocations. Both were kicked back by SOA. They agreed to check with the regional sales rep and continue to try an get an order through, but no one is really clear when that may be.
That's the response I'm getting from most dealers in MA/CT/RI/VT/ME (yeah, I've called around). No one is able to tell me when ordering might reopen.

It makes me even more suspicious of the one dealer who said they'd take my money and place an order with delivery in 4-6 months. I might otherwise have gambled on that, except the deposit is non-refundable (everyone else has said any deposit would be fully refundable). I don't want to give someone my money and fund out later, oops, no cars and an indefinite time until one might be available, and by the way my money is locked up with them.

Oh well. Good thing I love my 2019 BRZ. A new one is definitely a want to have, not a need to have.
Old 12-20-2022, 11:48 AM   #8
Stonehorsw

Drives: 18 Brz (Sold) / 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I would suggest checking with SOA in a case like this
1 (800) 782-2783
Stonehorsw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stonehorsw For This Useful Post:
AnalogMan (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 11:49 AM   #9
Stonehorsw

While better than Toyota’s process, it is still a PITA with current situation. I would say that SOA may provide you better info and even a discount as you’re a Subaru customer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stonehorsw For This Useful Post:
AnalogMan (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 04:54 PM   #10
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehorsw View Post
I would suggest checking with SOA in a case like this
1 (800) 782-2783
SOA wasn't very helpful. After being on hold for a long time, with the person seeming to go and try to find out, the agent told me they 'have no information' on availability.

With the mixed messages I'm hearing from dealers (though most saying ordering is closed), it doesn't fill me with enthusiasm to write anyone a check right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnalogMan For This Useful Post:
Stonehorsw (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 06:40 PM   #11
OkieSnuffBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post
SOA wasn't very helpful. After being on hold for a long time, with the person seeming to go and try to find out, the agent told me they 'have no information' on availability.

With the mixed messages I'm hearing from dealers (though most saying ordering is closed), it doesn't fill me with enthusiasm to write anyone a check right now.
Then don't. Especially the one who was telling you it's available with a non-refundable deposit.

However, I will say when I ordered mine and we confirmed it was open because we sat at his computer and went through all the options, I had to put down a $1k non-refundable deposit.

It was refundable under two conditions:

1. They couldn't get me financed.
2. The car arrived damaged.
Old 12-20-2022, 10:13 PM   #12
Stonehorsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogMan View Post

Sorry to hear that, seems like it is even worse now.
Old 12-20-2022, 10:38 PM   #13
mycrors7

Drives: zd8 brz
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingAnarchy View Post
combination of reading/listening to order stories for the past 1.5 years, placing my own order and helping a few friends place their orders and have friends who work at different Subaru Dealers locally.

one thing common between every order is that there is a time period in which ordering opens for the vehicle, then ordering closes. This was confirmed by all my friends who work at Subaru dealerships, my salesman, and the GM from the dealer I purchased my vehicle from.

Subaru doesn't sell enough BRZ's to consider making more per year. They make more money producing GR86's for Toyota, which is why more GR86 are made. Gotta remember that all things considered, Subaru is a relatively small company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
SWAG based on what's been happening.

I'd suspect ordering for 2024 models won't open until April, just like ordering for 2023 models didn't open until April of this year.

I ordered my 2023 in late April this year and it arrived September 3rd.
Orders placed in the last week of last year, right before ordering closed were all mostly 2023 orders as well.
A good friend placed an order on January 6th, 2022, a few days before ordering closed, and he got his car about a month ago. He's had a VON almost the entire time.

It's almost somewhat dependent on the dealer as well, as Subaru wants all dealers to take a piece of the pie. Some
mycrors7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 12:49 PM   #14
OkieSnuffBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors7 View Post
Orders placed in the last week of last year, right before ordering closed were all mostly 2023 orders as well.
A good friend placed an order on January 6th, 2022, a few days before ordering closed, and he got his car about a month ago. He's had a VON almost the entire time.

It's almost somewhat dependent on the dealer as well, as Subaru wants all dealers to take a piece of the pie. Some
That's bizarre and sucks for him. Jan to Nov is a hell of a wait.

I ordered I think April 26th and received my car Sept 3rd. And it would have been a couple of weeks sooner if weren't for the truck driver shortage.