follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-09-2021, 06:32 PM   #71
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chananain View Post
I also wander for such rules. I don't understand anyway why take money from you for a test drive
Welcome to our forum, Chananain -

See @Capt Spaulding 's post down below.

I remember the first time that happened to me. It was back in 1968 in Sunnyvale, CA. I had just gotten out of the Army and was new to California and was on my lunch break from my new job.

I stopped into a dealership to just "look at" a new car like my brother in law had bought back on the East coast. This was before the Internet mind you.

The salesman got a dollar bill away from me before he would show me a car like that. My dollar bill was attached to a piece of paper and taken "into the back". After he couldn't find a car like that, I wanted my dollar back. He gave me some sort of California auto salesman mumbo jumbo and told me I had to wait till he found one.

OK, I was out of lunch break time and got pissed and stomped out, saying I would be back at 1700 hrs to get my dollar. Now, understand that at the time I was a 25 year old Captain in the Army and was a recently trained killer -

So at 1702 hours, I stormed the dealership, chewed the face off the receptionist, grabbed the sleazy salesman by the collar and ordered him to take me to the MF that had my dollar. I followed him into the back room and snatched the dollar bill out of the hands of this limp wristed, SOB.

Yep, it happened just like that ...... before I became the calm, mild mannered man that I am.

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
bcj (09-10-2021), BRZBlack (09-15-2021), OwlDance (09-09-2021), soundman98 (09-10-2021), StraightOuttaCanadaEh (09-09-2021)