follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 08-02-2021, 01:18 PM   #183
Rican_D

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I think you have me sold on these. They are $39 USD on Amazon, seems like a cheap upgrade.

What were you going to order for the rear?
I spent $80 for 2 pairs, one front one back.

I had to use zip ties in order to strap one side of the speakers since it doesn't reach the bolt location. The factory speakers have special mounts designed into them.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Rican_D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rican_D For This Useful Post:
ermax (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 01:20 PM   #184
Rican_D

Quote:
First off, the CC3 does NOT cover the vents or the hazard/clock. I think you got the scale wrong on your cardboard cutout. I'm 6.2 so I'm sort of above the HU looking down and at that angle it does block about half of the clock but if I hunch just a tad I see the whole clock. I wouldn't be bothered if it did cover the clock because my clock gains 1min every 10mins so it's useless to me anyways.

Next, the Google account bug is common with all the FYU based headunits but as far as I know it's fully resolved on the latest firmware. I don't utilize this functionality so I can't confirm.

I'm about 99.9% confident you can record the front and rear cams. I don't have a front cam but I can test the rear cam later. I just need to throw an SD card in mine to test.
The front cam has it's own SD slot, so that's where the videos get saved. You can now record the rear cam, and save it to any location you choose.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:28 PM   #185
Rican_D

For those that need another view of the HU

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rican_D For This Useful Post:
kevaughan (08-03-2021), ymshulman (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 01:29 PM   #186
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymshulman View Post
Thanks! The cardboard is actually for an 11.6” unit, which is the unit that has me torn.
Ah.. that explains it. Well I ran out to my car and snapped a few pics anyways. I held the lens right at my face to emulate the exact angle I am viewing from. If I took a picture with the lens centered on the HU it would probably look identical to the stock images that Teyes is using. I don't think they were trying to mislead anyone.

Also, I just read the transcript from your conversation with their sales support. They are always comical. They like to answer several questions with a single "Yes" or "No". Hahaha. It must be a language barrier.

About call quality. The latest firmware was a definite improvement. On the old firmware there were two issues. Volume and echo. The new firmware soled the echo issue but volume (on both ends) is still lower than I'd like. For quick calls to my wife I use CarPlay and it's good enough. If I'm doing a longer business related call I will do it via native BT handsfree.

The fact that it improved a little on the latest firmware has me a little more optimistic that there will be further improvements in the future but I'm not holding my breath.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
ymshulman (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 01:31 PM   #187
ermax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican_D View Post
I spent $80 for 2 pairs, one front one back.

I had to use zip ties in order to strap one side of the speakers since it doesn't reach the bolt location. The factory speakers have special mounts designed into them.
I'll let you be the test case for fitting the rear and then I'll order two pairs. Hahaha
Old 08-02-2021, 01:32 PM   #188
Rican_D

Quote:
I'll let you be the test case for fitting the rear and then I'll order two pairs. Hahaha
I already did. I changed all four already lol.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:39 PM   #189
ermax

Quote:
I already did. I changed all four already lol
So no drama mounting the rears? I guess I'll be ordering these right now.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:42 PM   #190
Rican_D

Quote:
Did the same in the rear as the front. Actually rear felt easier since you can take whole bracket out and mount it comfortably.

Last edited by Rican_D; 08-09-2021 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:01 PM   #191
Rican_D

Just got my first OTA update

Old 08-02-2021, 03:59 PM   #192
ermax

Quote:
Just got my first OTA update

Change log:
Solved issues for desktop does not refresh and synchronize after setting the phone avatar and then modify it to a cartoon avatar.

Added the collection button on local music widget.

Optimized the Cam REC software. After switching on the full screen mode, the last full screen setting will be remembered even when restarting device or turning off the vehicle.

Added the switch for over speeding and fatigue driving reminder. The working mechanism is: a) When the speed exceeds 130km/h, a speeding reminder will be alert. In order to avoid disturbing users repeatedly, the next alert prompt will detect whether there is speeding after 30 minutes. b) When driving for more than 3 hours continuously, and the speed is higher than 50km/h, it will trigger a fatigue driving reminder. For the next alert prompt will check for fatigue level after continuous driving for 3 hours.

When the over speeding or fatigue driving reminders prompt, the radio or music that is playing will be interrupted. This has been optimized and resolved in this version.

TEYES OBD2 software have added the measuring function of 100 km/h speed test.

Changed the default wallpaper for night mode.

In order to avoid affecting the bottom touch control experience, the gesture function of sliding up to return to the previous level has been removed.As this gesture function will occupy a small area at the bottom of the screen. For example, the lower menu buttons of Google Maps and Youtube are relatively small, which will block the touch area that will affect user experience.

If you have already upgraded to the 15th June firmware version, you can now update your device firmware over the air (OTA) by directly clicking on the online automatic upgrade from the car head unit! During the upgrade process, ensure that the network is stable and the vehicle remains ignition on.
Old 08-02-2021, 08:33 PM   #193
Butterballz

Drives: Black FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Change log:
Added the switch for over speeding and fatigue driving reminder. The working mechanism is: a) When the speed exceeds 130km/h, a speeding reminder will be alert. In order to avoid disturbing users repeatedly, the next alert prompt will detect whether there is speeding after 30 minutes. b) When driving for more than 3 hours continuously, and the speed is higher than 50km/h, it will trigger a fatigue driving reminder. For the next alert prompt will check for fatigue level after continuous driving for 3 hours.

When the over speeding or fatigue driving reminders prompt, the radio or music that is playing will be interrupted. This has been optimized and resolved in this version.
So are we able to turn this off now? It's annoying, I don't need a reminder I'm speeding, I know I am, it's on purpose.
Butterballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:50 PM   #194
Rican_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterballz View Post
So are we able to turn this off now? It's annoying, I don't need a reminder I'm speeding, I know I am, it's on purpose.
Yes! Finally! It's under user. I had to dig around for it

The Following User Says Thank You to Rican_D For This Useful Post:
kevaughan (08-03-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 09:36 PM   #195
Rican_D

Quote:
Did you get the speakers?

Old 08-16-2021, 04:27 PM   #196
ermax

Quote:
Did you get the speakers?

I did but I put my car into a wall the day they arrived so I'm holding off on installing them until I know what will happen to my car. I turned of TC to merge into some traffic in the wet because it's so damn agressive I didn't want to be hanging out in traffic with no power. I forgot to turn it back on and later in my commute I hit a wet patch and got sideways while my guard was down (because I wasn't tearing around) and I couldn't catch it. I just barely hit the wall with the front bumper. No airbags went off but it bent the bumper supports. The hood, fenders and suspension are all fine and the car is perfectly drivable. Also luckily I was all alone, no traffic. I know they love to total these cars so I'm not going to waste my time installing the speakers yet.

I hope they don't total it because the used car market is a mess right now. I could see them giving me a pre-COVID payout which will buy nothing in the current market.