follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Exterior Parts (Aero, Lighting, Etc.)

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 01:22 AM   #15
brzsubarusti13

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxatsayxx View Post
And the vendor he bought them from is active on this forum
Vendors just sell them. Warranty has nothing to do with them. So your statement is pointless.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:43 PM   #16
KendallH

Drives: 2013 FR-S Base, 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrodriguez View Post
Saw this coming. The top vendors have been aware of this problem for well over a year and have been glad to sell people these tailights. When the problem appears they just brush the customer off to warranty only to have the problem occur again. So please keep your morals to yourself
The issue of defects in the tail lights notwithstanding, you're still attempting to defraud the seller by returning tail lights that weren't purchased by you and profiting off the transaction.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:41 PM   #17
brzsubarusti13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post
The issue of defects in the tail lights notwithstanding, you're still attempting to defraud the seller by returning tail lights that weren't purchased by you and profiting off the transaction.
but as i stated above, this has nothing to do with the seller at this point. this is the manufacturer. Had i came in and said hey ill be doing this for free im sure i would have no objection nor a comment from you and would have pms all day. Im accepting my defective tailights for what they are and given someone a chance at a new pair for a dirt cheap price. So please keep your comments to yourself because if the manufacturer would have just fixed this issue years ago we wouldnt be having this conversation.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:58 PM   #18
Vincenttam
WtsTofu

Drives: Ultramarine fr-s
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Vendors just sell them. Warranty has nothing to do with them. So your statement is pointless.
Obvious something said from a third class mind set with no business sense. This is how a clean car community starts becomes toxic. smh
irax (11-09-2015)
Old 11-08-2015, 05:51 PM   #19
brzsubarusti13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenttam View Post
Obvious something said from a third class mind set with no business sense. This is how a clean car community starts becomes toxic. smh
Please enlighten me how this effects the vendors instead of just making a vague statement and insulting someone. I dont mind being wrong about something but from my understanding the warranty is done outside of vendors hands. Like ive said plenty of times had this just been fixed by the manufacturer this wouldnt be a problem. So whos really the bad guy here? messaged MULTIPLE vendors MONTHS in advanced asking if the problem still existed to which they replied no. And not to mention i dont think anybody whos made a comment isnt even educated on the situation of the defective taillights. Just people who like to throw opinions out there.

Also please dont just go around insulting people and stating they have third class mind sets when in fact you dont actually know anything about them besides something they have written on the internet. You should be the last person talking.
Quote:
. I'm a welfare child and i lived in a 1 bed room 1 living room apartment growing up with 4 people. I've moved schools 5+ times and city's as well. My parents saved up and got a nice home. In fact, my mom bought her first home to live in at the mid age of 50. I'll be honest, we were on well fare, food stamps, gov checks you name it.

Last edited by brzsubarusti13; 11-08-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #20
Vincenttam
WtsTofu

Quote:
Please enlighten me how this effects the vendors instead of just making a vague statement and insulting someone. I dont mind being wrong about something but from my understanding the warranty is done outside of vendors hands. Like ive said plenty of times had this just been fixed by the manufacturer this wouldnt be a problem. So whos really the bad guy here? messaged MULTIPLE vendors MONTHS in advanced asking if the problem still existed to which they replied no. And not to mention i dont think anybody whos made a comment isnt even educated on the situation of the defective taillights. Just people who like to throw opinions out there.
Theres a lot of things to take into consideration on how this effects both buyer and seller. If an item is constantly warrantied that means the item is lost or considered a charged back/loss of unit. In this case the company has to send it back to it's original distribution center. The company only has a limited amount of funds they can spend a year towards chargeback/loss of funds/lost from shipping/defective items and if they go over that limit they get deducted in whatever currency they use either cash credit or hours they can distribute over their business. This can effect customer service or other beneficiary considerations along with shipping costs.

Now customer side is more simple, the more you're returning the more they have to ship out to fulfill your needs. In which case the less on hands they will have for other honest buyers. In which how well they are as in a vendor towards this community is business side. I however know a bit of vendors on this page personally and they can't revolve their life around ft86, however their are some that attend local meets and i will gladly do business with them and defend them against people using loop holes to make a quick 100$
irax (11-09-2015)
Old 11-08-2015, 06:15 PM   #21
brzsubarusti13

Quote:
Theres a lot of things to take into consideration on how this effects both buyer and seller. If an item is constantly warrantied that means the item is lost or considered a charged back/loss of unit. In this case the company has to send it back to it's original distribution center. The company only has a limited amount of funds they can spend a year towards chargeback/loss of funds/lost from shipping/defective items and if they go over that limit they get deducted in whatever currency they use either cash credit or hours they can distribute over their business. This can effect customer service or other beneficiary considerations along with shipping costs.

Now customer side is more simple, the more you're returning the more they have to ship out to fulfill your needs. In which case the less on hands they will have for other honest buyers. In which how well they are as in a vendor towards this community is business side. I however know a bit of vendors on this page personally and they can't revolve their life around ft86, however their are some that attend local meets and i will gladly do business with them and defend them against people using loop holes to make a quick 100$
thank you for proving to everybody you have no idea what you're talking about (in this situation alone). See thats not the way it works in this case. In this case you buy the tailights. the problem appears. then you email the company. they give you an email THAT BELONGS TO THE MANUFACTURER. The vendor is now no longer involved at this point. They got their money. You talk to the guy FROM THE MANUFACTURER and he sends you a pair directly to your house with a return slip to send back to him the old pair.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:06 PM   #22
Vincenttam
WtsTofu

Quote:
thank you for proving to everybody you have no idea what you're talking about (in this situation alone). See thats not the way it works in this case. In this case you buy the tailights. the problem appears. then you email the company. they give you an email THAT BELONGS TO THE MANUFACTURER. The vendor is now no longer involved at this point. They got their money. You talk to the guy FROM THE MANUFACTURER and he sends you a pair directly to your house with a return slip to send back to him the old pair.
Have you ever worked in a eCommerce type business before?
Old 11-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #23
KendallH

Drives: 2013 FR-S Base, 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I don't think @Vincenttam is a welfare child, being that he's not trying to scam a company out of a set of aftermarket tail lights.

Closed Thread