follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #197
Maverick22
Senior Member
 
Maverick22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: 2013 Rocketbunny GT86
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 310
Thanks: 74
Thanked 180 Times in 87 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDJ DUBx View Post
^

Yeah I saw it, Just throwing some motivation your way brother.
I do like the color though and cant wait for you to paint the fenders.
I wish we had a mudflap option, I made some but never installed them because they looked funny.
Maverick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maverick22 For This Useful Post:
xDJ DUBx (08-05-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #198
xDJ DUBx
Lurker
 
xDJ DUBx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '14 Rocket Bunny Monogram FRS
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 274
Thanks: 64
Thanked 152 Times in 95 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xDJ DUBx Send a message via Yahoo to xDJ DUBx
Random instagram pic


5555


5 months ago vs now


and onto the photoshoot pics by my boy Alex. Be sure to follow him on instagram! @AlexTookthis





















Made a meme out of this one lol..


Washed the car a few days ago and the cheap stickers didn't weather it too well so I removed them, back to clean windows.




Creepin while my boy Rick washes his S
__________________
xDJ DUBx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #199
murselyfe
Senior Member
 
murselyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Drives: It's black.
Location: 310.
Posts: 206
Thanks: 120
Thanked 145 Times in 68 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mind if I ask what you used in lieu of the reverse light bar?

Were the pieces pretty good quality in terms of fitment? Looks great man.
__________________
2013 Subaru BRZ Limited- Crystal Black Silica
murselyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #200
xDJ DUBx
Lurker
 
xDJ DUBx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '14 Rocket Bunny Monogram FRS
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 274
Thanks: 64
Thanked 152 Times in 95 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xDJ DUBx Send a message via Yahoo to xDJ DUBx
Quote:
Originally Posted by murselyfe View Post
Mind if I ask what you used in lieu of the reverse light bar?

Were the pieces pretty good quality in terms of fitment? Looks great man.
They provide a little led light to replace the reverse light however it's not bright at all. My brake lights are far more effective at lighting my path at night than that little light is, and most people don't even notice it down there when it's on. I plan on replacing it with something much brighter in the future.

You have to wrestle with the fenders a bit, especially the rears, but that's just because they're bulky and aren't perfectly contoured for the car. Since being on the car, the flares come off and go back on super easy now because they've molded to flow with the fenders now. The lip, side skirts, diffuser and wing fit really good.
__________________
xDJ DUBx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #201
SupremeOrigin
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: 14' FRS, 90' Miata
Location: CT
Posts: 55
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question: What kind of rear camber adjustment was needed in order to get this fitment. LCA, or any upper control arm adjustment?
SupremeOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:38 PM   #202
Anmizee
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Drives: matte green rocket bunny Fr-s
Location: BAY AREA
Posts: 39
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDJ DUBx View Post
Yeah 25mm adapters on all 4 corners, and 25mm spacers in the rear to make a total of 6 on the car. I've put a few thousand miles on the car without a single problem and the car feels very stable, but I'm running mackin industries spacers and they work very closely with Rays and etc so they're quality built spacers. Not sure if I'd have the same luck with ebay specials.
Where did you purchase your spacers? I've been trying to find 30mm 5x100 to 5.114 conversion spacer but no luck. Id rather not run two spacers on top of each other
Anmizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #203
xDJ DUBx
Lurker
 
xDJ DUBx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '14 Rocket Bunny Monogram FRS
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 274
Thanks: 64
Thanked 152 Times in 95 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xDJ DUBx Send a message via Yahoo to xDJ DUBx
Not a whole lot has happened lately but I have taken a ton more pics lol so here you guys go.

My previous cars at their best with the bunny


Misjudged a parking stop -__- took a nice chunk of the lip out. Luckily you can't see it without getting under the car, and luckily it's still going to get painted so I'll just have them fix it when the time comes.


Took the old girl out to Vegas one weekend






Caught this massive nasty razor blade a few weeks back. I caught it a few houses down from my driveway but it still managed to get pushed half way into the tire. Luckily, it didn't puncture. Never had a leak haha


Went the Honda dealer one day because my boy needed an oil filter but while I was there I decided to have some from with my friends and instagram followers so I posted this pic saying I got some unexpected news and traded the RB in lol. Surprisingly a lot of people thought I was telling the truth haha.


Just random snaps











































__________________
xDJ DUBx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xDJ DUBx For This Useful Post:
akahenry (11-01-2014), HATED1 (02-24-2015), Jrryjms07 (02-19-2015)
Old 10-24-2014, 06:45 PM   #204
Re~Mix
Senior Member
 
Re~Mix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 13' Scion FRS MT
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 737
Thanks: 290
Thanked 333 Times in 191 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Nice pics, I like the one with the coat of rain/water on it. I think a layer of dust/fresh rain makes the DGM look meaner...especially in bunny form.
__________________
07' Z4M Coupe | KW Clubsports | AFE Intake | Stromung Mufflers | UUC Shortshifter | Advan RS
15' 228i MSport
13' FR-S | TRD CAI | TRD Catback | UEL Header | OFT Stg 1 | Rota Grid-V | RCE Suspension | Hankook |
Re~Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Re~Mix For This Useful Post:
xDJ DUBx (10-28-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #205
xDJ DUBx
Lurker
 
xDJ DUBx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '14 Rocket Bunny Monogram FRS
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 274
Thanks: 64
Thanked 152 Times in 95 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xDJ DUBx Send a message via Yahoo to xDJ DUBx
























Not much going on lately but I did get one of these bad boys


and installed


I also installed a pretty neat magnetic phone holder


Will likely be painting the kit finally with tax income lol
__________________
xDJ DUBx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:12 PM   #206
diegoei
Senior Member
 
diegoei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: 2014 Rocket Bunny Scion FR-S
Location: West Covina Ca.
Posts: 433
Thanks: 29
Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDJ DUBx View Post
It's listed in the first post but KW V3
Hep me out with my fender cutting!!! I got my kit and car ready but all shops charge 1000-2000 to do this kind of job!!! I'm located in West Covina!
diegoei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #207
xDJ DUBx
Lurker
 
xDJ DUBx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '14 Rocket Bunny Monogram FRS
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 274
Thanks: 64
Thanked 152 Times in 95 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xDJ DUBx Send a message via Yahoo to xDJ DUBx


























I had some bird haters one day.. they totally riddled my car in a parking spot wide open with no trees, wires or buildings above it in the matter of a few hours.



Took some better/brighter pics of my phone mount for you guys as well as the magnet on the phone itself.



Happen to run into a follower/fan at a gas station one night and she really wanted to take pics haha pretty wild.



On the way to work one morning(literally less than a mile commute) I manage to catch a nasty screw that fully punctured my tire. Luckily, I was able to get it patched in the meantime until I get some spare for new rear tires as it is time to replace them.



I also crossed 10k sometime before the new year.



Rocket Bunny Problems


Make sure your girl squats


Randomly jumped on eBay one day and managed to find Toyota smartkey covers ONLY for sale(instead of the whole key) so I jumped on that asap. Looks SOO much better than the Scion emblem. All I need is to source a certain corolla/rav4/camry airbag cover and I will be rid of all the Scion badges once and for all


This is what I have been dealing with as of recently. For a month or two, I've noticed a rattle at a certain RPM but after inspecting I was unable to source the rattle other than being general pipe shaking at a specific RPM. Well fast forward to last weekend and I drove out to vegas with a full car there and back so about 400mi round trip. After I got back I could hear an exhaust leak so I got under the car to check it out and found this..




The bracket on my ARK Performance test pipe broke clean off. I imagine before it fully broke, that was what was rattling but I didn't notice. Once I fully removed the bracket from the car, it was no longer covering most of the hole, so now my car sounds HORRIBLE lol. Someone else had the same issue with their test pipe but just bought another one from another brand. However I spoke with ARK and will be going down to their shop tomorrow to either get it fixed or replaced, so that's pretty cool. I'll check back in after to let you guys know what happened.
__________________
xDJ DUBx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #208
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon
 
ZOMFGAARON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: Raven GT86
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,992
Thanks: 190
Thanked 1,321 Times in 701 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDJ DUBx View Post


























I had some bird haters one day.. they totally riddled my car in a parking spot wide open with no trees, wires or buildings above it in the matter of a few hours.



Took some better/brighter pics of my phone mount for you guys as well as the magnet on the phone itself.



Happen to run into a follower/fan at a gas station one night and she really wanted to take pics haha pretty wild.



On the way to work one morning(literally less than a mile commute) I manage to catch a nasty screw that fully punctured my tire. Luckily, I was able to get it patched in the meantime until I get some spare for new rear tires as it is time to replace them.



I also crossed 10k sometime before the new year.



Rocket Bunny Problems


Make sure your girl squats


Randomly jumped on eBay one day and managed to find Toyota smartkey covers ONLY for sale(instead of the whole key) so I jumped on that asap. Looks SOO much better than the Scion emblem. All I need is to source a certain corolla/rav4/camry airbag cover and I will be rid of all the Scion badges once and for all


This is what I have been dealing with as of recently. For a month or two, I've noticed a rattle at a certain RPM but after inspecting I was unable to source the rattle other than being general pipe shaking at a specific RPM. Well fast forward to last weekend and I drove out to vegas with a full car there and back so about 400mi round trip. After I got back I could hear an exhaust leak so I got under the car to check it out and found this..




The bracket on my ARK Performance test pipe broke clean off. I imagine before it fully broke, that was what was rattling but I didn't notice. Once I fully removed the bracket from the car, it was no longer covering most of the hole, so now my car sounds HORRIBLE lol. Someone else had the same issue with their test pipe but just bought another one from another brand. However I spoke with ARK and will be going down to their shop tomorrow to either get it fixed or replaced, so that's pretty cool. I'll check back in after to let you guys know what happened.

Have you seen these options for the steering wheel?
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/toyo...rlay-1957.html
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/toyo...rlay-1943.html


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZOMFGAARON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:49 AM   #209
xDJ DUBx
Lurker
 
xDJ DUBx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '14 Rocket Bunny Monogram FRS
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 274
Thanks: 64
Thanked 152 Times in 95 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xDJ DUBx Send a message via Yahoo to xDJ DUBx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMFGAARON View Post
Have you seen these options for the steering wheel?
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/toyo...rlay-1957.html
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/toyo...rlay-1943.html


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I have, too aftermarket looking for my tastes.
__________________
xDJ DUBx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:26 PM   #210
xDJ DUBx
Lurker
 
xDJ DUBx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: '14 Rocket Bunny Monogram FRS
Location: High Desert, CA
Posts: 274
Thanks: 64
Thanked 152 Times in 95 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xDJ DUBx Send a message via Yahoo to xDJ DUBx
Got her washed earlier.
__________________
xDJ DUBx is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Goomba's Rocket bunny FRS build Goomba_james Member's Car Journals 106 06-22-2014 12:02 PM
Supercharged Rocket Bunny Widebody Conversion Build Thread RWDRIFT Member's Car Journals 278 01-06-2014 01:12 AM
Taylor's Asphalt Rocket Bunny Taylorsmith- Member's Car Journals 46 11-20-2013 04:27 AM
EPIC Frs Rocket Bunny Build!! pitstops Member's Car Journals 37 08-21-2013 11:46 AM
2JZ Rocket Bunny Drift 86 build (Dubai) ultra FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 43 11-15-2012 05:17 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.