follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 01:33 AM   #15
14stu

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithr View Post
I know it's "one car per dongle license" but that car can change. Since I've flashed the car back to OEM, the kit can be licensed by someone else. It may take a call to EcuTek support to generate a key or something but I know people sell these tuners all the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I looked into it and the new owner will just need to purchase an EcuTek license (typically about $100).

A custom dyno tune and license cost me $400 locally for an NA tune (I'm not sure if they'd have charged more for a FI tune).
Old 03-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #16
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14stu View Post
I looked into it and the new owner will just need to purchase an EcuTek license (typically about $100).

A custom dyno tune and license cost me $400 locally for an NA tune (I'm not sure if they'd have charged more for a FI tune).
Licenses usually run around $300 by themselves, and tuners will often discount that if you bundle with their tunes, usually $400 - $500 total for e-tunes. Dyno is usually more - $400 is a really good deal for license and dyno tune, even if it's just NA. Anyways folks should probably factor that in - as far as I know Ecutek doesn't release licenses from existing ECUs, but maybe that's changed? Buyer should definitely call and confirm. Good luck on sale
Old 03-18-2019, 11:57 AM   #17
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
License is a one time use, gets linked to ecu. Can not transfer it. You can’t “unmarry” it like a OFT. Whoever buys this will need to pay 200$ For a new license.

Also I am pretty sure the carb tune will only be compatible if the new owner has the same calid. This would need to be verified. But I’m pretty certain.

So essentially the 1,000$ carb tune package is only a tuning kit. Which people sell for 250$ on here.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #18
keithr

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited (DGM)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
UPDATE:

I am reducing the price to $3400 and I will pay shipping costs (within reason). If you are in the 48 contiguous states, it shouldn't be an issue. Anywhere other than that and we can discuss shipping costs/options.

To clear up the hysteria and confusion: Yes, the EcuTek can be licensed to another car. Yes, you need to buy a EcuTek license to do that. This is standard operating procedure. Cost may vary depending on where/how you get the license. You should be doing your own due diligence. Talk to whoever you want to do your tuning if you're not going to use the packaged tune.

The JRSC CARB tune for 13-15MY is included. Jackson does not yet have a CARB tune available at this time for MY17+, so you'd be getting a tune done ANYWAY if you are on MY17+.

You also have the RaceROM bits available via the EcuTek.

I am not desperate to sell, however I would like it gone. I have had a few people show interest, to the point of payment, and then falling through at the last minute. At least one I am convinced was a scammer, so beware to folks selling items here that scammers are appearing here as well.

It was boxed up with the same care and attention that you saw in the original pictures that was given when the pieces were removed, cleaned up, and prepared for sale. The compressor is packed with styrofoam, boxed, and then that box is inside another larger box surrounded by styrofoam and peanuts. Everything is packed very well with about $30 worth of packing peanuts and foam. It's ready to go out the door.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:19 PM   #19
Nottcute

Drives: 2014 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I’m not a scammer, I told you I don’t feel comfortable with sending a check.
You don’t accept PayPal or Zelle . Which is safe for online transaction.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:43 PM   #20
keithr

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottcute View Post
I’m not a scammer, I told you I don’t feel comfortable with sending a check.
You don’t accept PayPal or Zelle . Which is safe for online transaction.
I wasn't talking about you.

You never asked about Zelle. I bent over backwards to work with you, you wanted a discounted price AND on top of that for me to pay PayPal fees?

You have been extremely confrontational since the beginning, but I was willing to put that aside and work with you in spite of it because I understand what it's like to be soured due to a bad experience in the past.

Is there a reason you continue to want to air this argument in public rather than just talking to me privately?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2019, 09:06 PM   #21
keithr

Garage
JRSC has been sold.

Closed Thread

Tags
jrsc, rotrex, supercharger